Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 05-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
I checked out the youtube vid of you guys on the northeast rod run; nice stretch of road - now logged in our holiday itinerary as a 'must-do' -looks like you had a hoot. Can someone tell me where the cable car trip was? - Looked another compulsory visit!
Cheers guys. Ed
Yellow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:54 AM   #16
Northeast Rod Run

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 1 View Post
I checked out the youtube vid of you guys on the northeast rod run; nice stretch of road - now logged in our holiday itinerary as a 'must-do' -looks like you had a hoot. Can someone tell me where the cable car trip was? - Looked another compulsory visit!
Cheers guys. Ed

Here they call it a tramway and it was at Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire. Here is the link: http://www.cannonmt.com/

Over 80% of NERR's cruising roads look, AT LEAST, as nice as what you saw in the video.

As a few have said, if you spend a decent amount of time in the state of New Hampshire, the Kancamangus Highway (Route 112) is a real nice ride. On this year's NERR cruise, we will be hitting two stretches of road that many would consider even better. One is in central Vermont and the other is in New York
Old 05-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #17
Northeast Rod Run

Since you're going to be stateside for a while an absolute MUST SEE is Acadia National Park & Bar Harbor, in the state of Maine. It is absolutely beautiful and Acadia is one of the most visited National Parks in the Country. It is located on the coast and you can take a drive to the top of Cadillac mountain, which is located in the park, which is actually located on an island. This is the first place in the USA to see the sunrise every morning. There is not another place in all of New England that has the beauty of Bar Harbor. You definitely need to spend at least two days there.

If you are spending 3 weeks here, you would be doing yourself a HUGE disservice if you didn't visit there. I always stay here: http://www.atlanticeyrielodge.com/ It's not real fancy, but it has everything you need and the view from your room is worth way more than you pay (just make sure you book at least the 3rd floor although I always get the 4th. room 409 or 410 have the best views.)

http://www.acadiainfo.com/Acadia-National-Park.aspx
http://www.barharbormaine.gov/

Once you get into the state of Maine, your best cruising is to take coastal Route 1 (that route is to congested in New Hampshire) all the way to Bar Harbor. It is a long ride, but well worth it. There are plenty of lighthouses to see along the way.

Boothbay harbor is also on that same route and you can spend a solid day there too. http://www.boothbayharbor.com/

If you go there, this is a neat little place to stay http://rocktideinn.com/ and you can pretty much walk to most things once you get there.

I hope this helps you out a bit. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else, but I've been setting up multi-day cruising related trips for many people throughout New England for over 8 years straight now.

Your best bet is to listen to everyone and even make sure you check out tripadvisor.com for more help.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:06 AM   #18
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
I'm guessing you are TJ? - If so, thanks man - our itinerary will evolve around all the info you've so kindly posted up. If y'ever get UK-side of The Pond - you'll find a spare seat in my SS no probs. I've also looked at NH Dragway, Lime Rock etc so all lookin really good (wish I could squeeze three weeks visit but all the work sh1t just gettin in the way) Thanks again, Ed
PS; One final Q; I'm a huge fan of old-fashioned wrecking yards - I love taking photo's of old US cars - if anyone knows of yards with heaps of old cars in that are visitor-friendly I'd be interested and grateful. Thanks again guys.
Yellow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:13 AM   #19
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The best event at Lime Rock Park is the vintage fall festival on Labor Day weekend. You will see some of the most valuable historic race cars in America.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:46 PM   #20
Northeast Rod Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 1 View Post
I'm guessing you are TJ? - If so, thanks man - our itinerary will evolve around all the info you've so kindly posted up. If y'ever get UK-side of The Pond - you'll find a spare seat in my SS no probs. I've also looked at NH Dragway, Lime Rock etc so all lookin really good (wish I could squeeze three weeks visit but all the work sh1t just gettin in the way) Thanks again, Ed
PS; One final Q; I'm a huge fan of old-fashioned wrecking yards - I love taking photo's of old US cars - if anyone knows of yards with heaps of old cars in that are visitor-friendly I'd be interested and grateful. Thanks again guys.
Yup, that's me. Thanks for the offer

There is a good yard in central Vermont, but its name and location escape me right now. Lots of vintage iron in there.

Bar Harbor will probably be at the most northeastern point of your travels, but it could be included in a big loop.

If you want to send me off an email to northeastrodrun@yahoo.com, I can put a quick google maps route together (probably by the end of this weekend) with some interesting roads and sites, then you can alter it from there.