Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #15
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I got a 10 over ticket a month ago,the same cop got me at a different spot exactly one year ago.

So he asks me do you get many tickets?

I laughed and said no just from you.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #16
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I know I'm going to sound like "that guy", but have you tried not speeding? They could "target" black Camaros all they want, or any other color for that matter and wouldn't be able to pull you over if you're not breaking the law.
Wifey was pulled over in her CRT Camaro for nothing the other day. Did not even give her a ticket.

Asshat was just trying to harass someone in a red car and she wasn't having any of it. She told him she would be in contact with his superior and be filing a complaint.........she was
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
I know I'm going to sound like "that guy", but have you tried not speeding? They could "target" black Camaros all they want, or any other color for that matter and wouldn't be able to pull you over if you're not breaking the law.
I drive three different cars, one of which is a Camaro. I think I push the speed limit by 5-15MPH most days in various places from surface streets to freeways. I think the OP is just saying that there are certain cars that catch the eye of cops looking to meet a ticket-writing quota. And yes, quotas have been PROVEN to exist in court, at least here in CA.

You're probably more likely to get nailed in a black Camaro doing 8-10 over than a non descript, blue Kia Sportage.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #18
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
You just need to know when you can go fast and when you can't . If you unfortunately live in a Major city you'll probably never see 4 th gear . Just another reason why I really like living in a rural area . Fewer cars ..fewer low life's ..and fewer cops .
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #19
kravmaga79

Drives: 2015 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I drive three different cars, one of which is a Camaro. I think I push the speed limit by 5-15MPH most days in various places from surface streets to freeways. I think the OP is just saying that there are certain cars that catch the eye of cops looking to meet a ticket-writing quota. And yes, quotas have been PROVEN to exist in court, at least here in CA.

You're probably more likely to get nailed in a black Camaro doing 8-10 over than a non descript, blue Kia Sportage.
I wouldnt doubt it if quotas are very real here in SASkatoon, Canada too.

Do they still get their revenue collected if you fight the ticket in court?
especially if you choose to do fine option volunteering/working for min wage to pay off the ticket like i did on my last 3 photoradar tickets?
i went to court and got the judge to remove one ticket and worked the last two off at a 2nd hand store

If they dont get their revenue when ticket is fought and worked off a guy could get a sign in a waterproof bag, made up saying ;

I DONT VOLUNTARILY PAY FINES, I GOTO COURT AND FINE OPTION
I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS WITHOUT MY LAWYER
I DONT CONSENT TO SEARCHES WITHOUT A WARRANT
And put license and registration in the bag and hang it out the 90 % closed window
that way they cant question you and say you slurred your speach, or smelled of alcholhol or pot and a closed windows glare makes it harder to see anything possibly incriminating inside
kravmaga79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #20
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post

yes, quotas exist. that's the problem with police work now a days. now that they have that revenue stream they aren't going to give it up. and not just talking out of my arse, I know a couple ex cops. said motorcycle cops typically have the highest quotas. they can't be fired or officially disciplined for missing a quota, but there are other ways they can be punished, like assignments and schedule.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #21
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kravmaga79 View Post
I wouldnt doubt it if quotas are very real here in SASkatoon, Canada too.

Do they still get their revenue collected if you fight the ticket in court?
especially if you choose to do fine option volunteering/working for min wage to pay off the ticket like i did on my last 3 photoradar tickets?
i went to court and got the judge to remove one ticket and worked the last two off at a 2nd hand store

If they dont get their revenue when ticket is fought and worked off a guy could get a sign in a waterproof bag, made up saying ;

I DONT VOLUNTARILY PAY FINES, I GOTO COURT AND FINE OPTION
I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS WITHOUT MY LAWYER
I DONT CONSENT TO SEARCHES WITHOUT A WARRANT
And put license and registration in the bag and hang it out the 90 % closed window
that way they cant question you and say you slurred your speach, or smelled of alcholhol or pot and a closed windows glare makes it harder to see anything possibly incriminating inside
I think the problem with that is, at least in the US, driving is a privilege, not a right. most states have things like implied consent laws where if you don't cooperate with them, they can suspend your license. I know it's true with alcohol. not sure how far or to what extent that applies. all they really have to do is say they saw you swerve or something and just wanted to talk to you. if you start getting difficult with them it's probably not going to go well. you may win in the end, but your probably going to have a very bad day.

as to the original question, I'm sure they do target certain cars, they'd be stupid not to. just like it's stupid to ignore the man from Yemen at the airport and instead strip search the 80yr old woman.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #22
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Hello, winner.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #23
Flotek

Drives: 2015 RS camaro
In pa if you refuse a sobriety or alcohol test you are automatically assumed guilty and tried and sentenced Wether or not there was proof or not .
Flotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #24
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreakHouTX View Post

Houston rush hour begins about 5 am and ends about 3 am....

My drive to and from work is 4 miles each way, all surface streets, 9 traffic lights. Driving to work takes me about 12 minutes at 5:30 am if everything is perfect, with hitting all 9 green lights and "normal" traffic. Typical time is about 25 minutes.

The exact same 4 mile drive home in the afternoon at 5 pm takes me NO less than 30 minutes (THAT miracle happens maybe once a month), typically takes 45 minutes, and the record time for a 4 mile drive home once was 1.5 hours stop-and-go all the way to the entrance to my neigborhood.

So I spend an average of 1 hour a day to travel 8 miles to and from work, and in Houston terms, I work practically next door.
F@# a whole bunch of that! Illinois sux but where I live the number of miles is usually the number of minutes to drive. As for the radar detectors....most cops here give you at lead 9 mph over sometimes up to 14. That's cruising fast enough for me unless just out for some high speed fun
deweyg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreakHouTX View Post

Houston rush hour begins about 5 am and ends about 3 am....

My drive to and from work is 4 miles each way, all surface streets, 9 traffic lights. Driving to work takes me about 12 minutes at 5:30 am if everything is perfect, with hitting all 9 green lights and "normal" traffic. Typical time is about 25 minutes.

The exact same 4 mile drive home in the afternoon at 5 pm takes me NO less than 30 minutes (THAT miracle happens maybe once a month), typically takes 45 minutes, and the record time for a 4 mile drive home once was 1.5 hours stop-and-go all the way to the entrance to my neigborhood.

So I spend an average of 1 hour a day to travel 8 miles to and from work, and in Houston terms, I work practically next door.
LOL... I drive to work downtown Houston at 4 am and it takes me 30 min. My return at 4 pm takes an hour (and that's using toll roads)...

I would love to drive the Camaro sometimes, but with a big cam and an M6 it's a royal PITA.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #26
atn

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Silver Ice
There are exactly 2 traffic lights in my town. One as you come in and one as you leave. Lots of country roads to play on and very few LEO's
atn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #27
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... I drive to work downtown Houston at 4 am and it takes me 30 min. My return at 4 pm takes an hour (and that's using toll roads)...

I would love to drive the Camaro sometimes, but with a big cam and an M6 it's a royal PITA.
LOL, Mike, yeah, I live N of 290 near BW8, and have to drive to and from BW8 Energy corridor.

Its complete "Italian Job"-style gridlock in this area no matter what the time of day due to Highway 290 construction (began in 2010 and scheduled to continue until 2045! If we are lucky.) and all the construction on BW8 feeder and Clay Rd.

Think my record for one particular light on West Little York was having to sit through it 7 times one morning before I got to go, with an almost four minute cycle each time.
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #28
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
When I lived in Houston (pre 2007), I rode my bike... from Katy proper to Wilcrest and Richmond was an hour each way.

I flew back last year, spent a week visiting family, I couldn't believe how bad traffic was! Sam Houston Tollway was just a parking lot! I'd never seen it like that before... I-10, sure, but not the tollway.

I can make my 38 mile commute in Denver Metro in 40-45 minutes, with a nice long stretch of speed on I-76. Toss in snow/ice, an hour.

Radar detector here works great...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote