Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #15
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Change AFR and Timing with a switch. Same as DSX flex time box but with more variability because you can dial in percents.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/product/...l#.WEc5-mIrJEY
Old 12-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #16
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
The reality is that unless you want a Torrco, or C16 tune, for the track specifically, there is no need to have more than one tune. If you do indeed need a track tune, you would be data logging for your tuner and would have a laptop anyway.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #17
ostmike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
The reality is that unless you want a Torrco, or C16 tune, for the track specifically, there is no need to have more than one tune. If you do indeed need a track tune, you would be data logging for your tuner and would have a laptop anyway.
No laptop needed for data logging if you have a Diablosport tool (Trinity or Intune) or SCT device. Just data log with the tuning tool. Actually, you can even data log with the HPTuners MPVI without a laptop.

For reference almost all of the customers that leave our facility after being tuned with one of the previously listed tools receives a daily tune, a race tune and sometimes a tune with a slightly more aggressive throttle.

There are also customers who want to run both gas and E85. For them we create, test and load both tunes in their device so that they can switch when they switch fuels.

I agree that if you are not racing your car or not running multiple fuel types there is no need for multiple tunes.

Tuned by mike@ostdyno
www.ostdyno.com

Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #18
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostmike View Post
No laptop needed for data logging if you have a Diablosport tool (Trinity or Intune) or SCT device. Just data log with the tuning tool. Actually, you can even data log with the HPTuners MPVI without a laptop.

For reference almost all of the customers that leave our facility after being tuned with one of the previously listed tools receives a daily tune, a race tune and sometimes a tune with a slightly more aggressive throttle.

There are also customers who want to run both gas and E85. For them we create, test and load both tunes in their device so that they can switch when they switch fuels.

I agree that if you are not racing your car or not running multiple fuel types there is no need for multiple tunes.

I just don't know that many professional tuners out there using SCT or Diablosport for GM tuning. Not knocking them, its just that I don't consider them a lot when I think of tuning a GM vehicle. So naturally I left them out. However you are certainly correct, a laptop is not required with either of those products.

I forgot that you can log with the MPVI. However most keep a laptop for switching tunes, anyway, I prefer to log with a laptop.

Even with E85, I don't see the need to have a separate tune, the flex fuel sensor identifies the mixture and alters the tune accordingly. At least it does with a E38 PCM. I am not familiar with other platforms.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 12-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #19
ostmike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I just don't know that many professional tuners out there using SCT or Diablosport for GM tuning. Not knocking them, its just that I don't consider them a lot when I think of tuning a GM vehicle. So naturally I left them out. However you are certainly correct, a laptop is not required with either of those products.

I forgot that you can log with the MPVI. However most keep a laptop for switching tunes, anyway, I prefer to log with a laptop.

Even with E85, I don't see the need to have a separate tune, the flex fuel sensor identifies the mixture and alters the tune accordingly. At least it does with a E38 PCM. I am not familiar with other platforms.
I hear you and wasn't trying to be confrontational.
We live life a 1/4 mile at a time and a laptop can be an extremely dangerous projectile. I tend to be hyper-safety sensitive and look for alternatives.

Tuned by mike@ostdyno
www.ostdyno.com

Old 12-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #20
1KillerSS

Quote:
We live life a 1/4 mile at a time and a laptop can be an extremely dangerous projectile. I tend to be hyper-safety sensitive and look for alternatives.

Oh I didn't take your post as confrontational at all. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build thread
Old 12-08-2016, 04:10 AM   #21
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:
Then secure it down and/or get a smaller laptop for when it must be a permanent resident.

Or at a push, install a car PC.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #22
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
If you get your own copy of hptuners or EFI live and run a laptop or surface pro that uses a accepted windows OS that's compatible with the software then you could flash tunes while stopped (can't be done on the fly with are ecu)
i'm using a samsung tabpro-s with windows 10 on it and it woks properly. it's also good for logging
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote