Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #15
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
If you have any kind of modded exhaust, you can use the paddles, let off the gas between gears and make it ‘sound’ like you pushed in a clutch. Of course, I never do this because it would be so lame.

(I do it a lot)
And when you have the Corsa and do this^^^ it really gets some attention!!! lol..
Old 03-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #16
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
You nailed it. Mine wanted the auto so she could drive. She drive it twice when it was stock. Now shes scared and wont lol
lol. You know what's gonna happen, when and if she ever does decide to drive it after all the mods, and realizes how much fun and excitement it is to drive, and not be afraid of it, and not to mention how EASY it will be to drive, you will never get her out of it!!! hehe..
Old 03-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #17
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Hey guys. When using my padal shifter in manual mode, i run out 1st gear and it automatically shifts to 2nd then a quick jump to 3rd. This doesn seem right. Is this something in my tune or just another nanny control built in? There has to be a way to truly shift the car in manual mode when i want it to shift, right?
I have never noticed my car do that do that. It hits the limiter and thats it. It should not be upshifting in manual mode to the next gear. And ive bounced off the limiter many times over the years while getting caught up in street stuff. Not sure what you guys are saying but it doesnt upshift when hitting the limiter. Are you sure youre not confusing the moment you hit the limiter you are shifting up.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:28 PM   #18
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
BLU DUCE AKA=Spike III Build

Quote:
Hey guys. When using my padal shifter in manual mode, i run out 1st gear and it automatically shifts to 2nd then a quick jump to 3rd. This doesn seem right. Is this something in my tune or just another nanny control built in? There has to be a way to truly shift the car in manual mode when i want it to shift, right?

Do you run in drive,manual or sport mode. I always run in sport mode and use my paddles for shifting.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #19
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
I have never noticed my car do that do that. It hits the limiter and thats it. It should not be upshifting in manual mode to the next gear. And ive bounced off the limiter many times over the years while getting caught up in street stuff. Not sure what you guys are saying but it doesnt upshift when hitting the limiter. Are you sure youre not confusing the moment you hit the limiter you are shifting up.
Running in manual (m) on the shifter and it most certainly will not hold a gear. If i punch it, it up shifts on its own and does this weird shit like pretty much bailing on 2nd and limping into 3rd. Would be awful in a race
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:42 PM   #20
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post
Do you run in drive,manual or sport mode. I always run in sport mode and use my paddles for shifting.
I always hold down the traction button for 10 sec to turn off the nannies, then shift to M and use the paddles. It will still shift on its own and their is too much delay with the paddles to even warrant using them at this point
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
Old 03-21-2021, 07:43 PM   #21
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
lol. You know what's gonna happen, when and if she ever does decide to drive it after all the mods, and realizes how much fun and excitement it is to drive, and not be afraid of it, and not to mention how EASY it will be to drive, you will never get her out of it!!! hehe..
Youre probably right lol. Its so loud and aggressive though, she seems a little intimidated. Blower will be going on this year as well so its only going to get more interesting
Old 03-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #22
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I ran a Dynosteve ‘aggressive tune’ for a bit and lost a TC. It started doing all kinds of weird shifting patterns. Made no sense. Not saying that’s the issue but a bad TC must affect the trans computer.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #23
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I ran a Dynosteve ‘aggressive tune’ for a bit and lost a TC. It started doing all kinds of weird shifting patterns. Made no sense. Not saying that’s the issue but a bad TC must affect the trans computer.
Car is tuned by Ryan@gpi though hp tuners. It doesnt seem the trans has an issue. Its just manual mode really isnt that. It still shifts on its own. Like if i manual paddle down to 1st then pull out and hammer it, it will run like a bat out of hell then shift before im ready amd then quickly go through second and dump into 3rd
Old 03-21-2021, 11:35 PM   #24
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Car is tuned by Ryan@gpi though hp tuners. It doesnt seem the trans has an issue. Its just manual mode really isnt that. It still shifts on its own. Like if i manual paddle down to 1st then pull out and hammer it, it will run like a bat out of hell then shift before im ready amd then quickly go through second and dump into 3rd
Yeah, something is not right man. I'm also tuned by Ryan and use my paddles like 99% of the time and that never happens. It will never shift on it's own in manual mode.

I would email Ryan and let him know what's going on. Maybe he forgot to change something in the settings. If it wasn't for the fact that you have a convertor I would send you my tune file and have compare the TCM settings to yours. Maybe someone else here with a GPI tune and convertor can do that. Of course some settings will be different between cars, but anything wildly off may jump out at you.

All that said, I am pretty sure there is something in HP Tuners that allows you to set auto shifts while in manual mode, in the TUTD settings. This could be used to prevent hitting the rev limiter while in TapShift mode. I am just not sure how it works. So maybe he still has some values in those cells.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 03-21-2021 at 11:48 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 01:35 AM   #25
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I run mine 100% of the time in manual mode. Never had it auto shift. It’s at the tuner right now and one of the things I ask (if possible) was to add an auto shift at redline when I’m in manual mode. I always slam the Rev limiter when shifting because of the delay.
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:10 AM   #26
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Running in manual (m) on the shifter and it most certainly will not hold a gear. If i punch it, it up shifts on its own and does this weird shit like pretty much bailing on 2nd and limping into 3rd. Would be awful in a race
Ya whenever I was engaged in some action I would downshift with the paddles and then hit the limiter in all the excitement and bog...race over. There's a few people out there thinking they outan me but it was my own fault. Now I take my time...downshuSt to the right gear...once I punch it I slip it into D and let it work. Much better results
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:13 AM   #27
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Couple of things here. When I first got mine I wanted to get a feel for what she would or wouldn't do so on several occasions I spun her around in manual 1st gear and one time in particular I 180'ed around and did a high reving super burnout and she stayed in first every time. As many burnouts as I've done in 230,000 miles mine's never auto shifted in manual.

Mine def does the funky 1st to 2nd manual shift, I don't like it. Biggest prob w/leaving it in drive is the 2nd gear start off the line. Does comp mode start in 1st or do you still have to manual shift to be in 1st. I bought her new so she hasn't been tuned.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:55 AM   #28
AlanRubin
Banned

Drives: 2010 LS
Most cars today are programmed to up-shift at the RPM limiter, regardless of what
gear you are in.

The paddles also have a delay in up-shifting, but is quick with the down-shifting. I
have yet to read any recommendations or methods to remedy the up-shift time from
when you press it, to when it up-shifts. There has always been a delay.

Tuner only has a firmness option, but not a response to paddles option.

The car will start out in 1 or 2, and is selected by you.
AlanRubin is offline   Reply With Quote