Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-17-2008, 04:11 AM   #15
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
Unfortunately none of those dealers are remotely close to me. If any of my local dealers weren't complete loser douchebags I'd probably order one. That said, I buy a new car every 1-3 years and have never purchased one that I had not driven or seen in person.

And yes, after the excitement of this car wears off the price will drop below MSRP. We are talking 100k units or more a year, that is hardly exclusive. Further with the crap economy and tightening rules and availability of credit the pool of potential buyers has been diminshed. Remember the Pontiac GTO, PT Cruiser and Plymouth Prowler all started out as high demand vehicles, but after the small percentage of hard-core buyers had their cars prices returned to more reasonable levels.
Yep, in some metro areas and likely even entire states will be near impossible to buy a Camaro without getting market adjustments. But given the production volume that should be worked out in just a few months. Actually talking a dealer down below MSRP should be much easier after the first model year. I'm planning for 2011 myself as well, due to these reasons and really I want to have it payed off in three years, which means I have some more down payment money to save!
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #16
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Wait

I personally will wait patiently to see the Vert and it's prices and other awesome options that are coming down the road for the Vert and the coupe. Also to save more money to get exacly what I want. Most likley
it will be 2011 modle for me.
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #17
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Unfortunately none of those dealers are remotely close to me. If any of my local dealers weren't complete loser douchebags I'd probably order one. That said, I buy a new car every 1-3 years and have never purchased one that I had not driven or seen in person.

And yes, after the excitement of this car wears off the price will drop below MSRP. We are talking 100k units or more a year, that is hardly exclusive. Further with the crap economy and tightening rules and availability of credit the pool of potential buyers has been diminshed. Remember the Pontiac GTO, PT Cruiser and Plymouth Prowler all started out as high demand vehicles, but after the small percentage of hard-core buyers had their cars prices returned to more reasonable levels.
Would you not think that GM has taken current market conditions into account when pricing out this car? When times are good is when you 'give it' to the customer. I don't think GM has priced this car to a point that they can drop the price too much and you are forgetting the fact that this car will be marketed all over the world which would soften the impact of any recession going on here.

Regarding your point about the GTO, PT Cruiser and Prowler, I have to strongly disagree. GTO sales dropped because the car got arrested by the bland police and was priced too high for what you were getting. There were also import limitations. The PT Cruiser was just a Neon with a fancy retro style. The Prowler was not practical and also came with a the 4 cylinder found in the neon! How many people would line up for that at an inflated price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
Yep, in some metro areas and likely even entire states will be near impossible to buy a Camaro without getting market adjustments. But given the production volume that should be worked out in just a few months. Actually talking a dealer down below MSRP should be much easier after the first model year. I'm planning for 2011 myself as well, due to these reasons and really I want to have it payed off in three years, which means I have some more down payment money to save!
Martket adjustments? Do you mean gouging? We have a growing list here which Killer74Z28 is maintaining which identifies all the MSRP dealerships. There is no excuse for anyone who logs onto this site, to be paying a dollar over MSRP.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #18
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Im holding out till around next Aug, or Sept. Just so they can work out any of the recalls that all cars have, and to let the inital I GOT TO HAVE ONE FIRST factor die off. The price is not really a problem seeing as we have the info for the invoice and msrp. It will just take some wheeling and dealing with whoever you are going to as a dealer.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Personally I'm holding out for HUD and 3.73 gears that are supposed to be available on the next model.

I have the money to buy right now, but I'm a patient guy and don't get caught up in frenzies very easily.

And YES for a fact this car will be cheaper after those that have to have it now have made their purchases. The market is not in a good spot for this type of vehicle at the moment and won't be for the foreseeable future. The actual price may not drop, but 0% interest or other incentives will surely be offered.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #20
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454lsxss View Post
Is anyone else just waiting for things to clear up?? It seems like there will be so many cool things coming out for the Camaro over the next year. (including the vert[and possibly the Z28]) With only a very few options available at the moment, and only orange interior inserts, who is holding out for cooler stuff? I personally wait patiently for the carbon trim && victory red inserts on the interior...and HUD of course...Just kinda seems like this whole ordering process was rushed together at the last moment to me.
I'm also holding out until this time next year for several reasons, but mainly to get a feel for the car in person, decide how I want it modified from the factory and after I refinance my house (which will allow me to almost pay for the new 2SS / RS in cash). ")
Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #21
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
I'm waiting to see if there is a high HP model. If not I'm going gt 500 or vette.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #22
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Dealers marking up the car in our area have me on hold. Anywhere from $2500 to $5000. What an unmitigated crock of Grabage.

These guys are going to really put this car in a bind if this continues.

I have called on five dealers in the area. Very very frustrating.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Dealers marking up the car in our area have me on hold. Anywhere from $2500 to $5000. What an unmitigated crock of Grabage.

These guys are going to really put this car in a bind if this continues.

I have called on five dealers in the area. Very very frustrating.
STOP!!!! Look at Killer74Z28's thread showing all the dealers that are selling at MSRP or better. Let's give the bussines to those who deserve it!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #24
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
STOP!!!! Look at Killer74Z28's thread showing all the dealers that are selling at MSRP or better. Let's give the bussines to those who deserve it!

I can't speak for the other people, but there is a substantial additional shipping cost to get the car to your area. That and the inconvenience or paperwork and/or delivery problems with having the dealer several states away.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Quote:
Would you not think that GM has taken current market conditions into account when pricing out this car? When times are good is when you 'give it' to the customer. I don't think GM has priced this car to a point that they can drop the price too much and you are forgetting the fact that this car will be marketed all over the world which would soften the impact of any recession going on here.

Regarding your point about the GTO, PT Cruiser and Prowler, I have to strongly disagree. GTO sales dropped because the car got arrested by the bland police and was priced too high for what you were getting. There were also import limitations. The PT Cruiser was just a Neon with a fancy retro style. The Prowler was not practical and also came with a the 4 cylinder found in the neon! How many people would line up for that at an inflated price?
Yes I think that they included current market conditions into account, that's why they come up with MSRP. And that's why I find it offensive when dealers then add another $5k onto the price.

The point of the GTO and Cruiser is that regardless of reasons those cars started off well above MSRP too, but quickly returned to reality, the Camaro will be no different.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #26
Hylton

I still say - No Camaro5.com reader should pay more than MSRP. Members are helping each other out and I have not heard of one person who stupidly paid over MSRP yet. If anyone has, please post up so that you can get properly flammed!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #27
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I'm waiting. Largely because I don't have the money, but also because I want the HUD. I'm I'm lucky I'll be getting it in time for the Gen V V8 as well, but that's really less of a priority. I just hopes the cars stays as gorgeous inside and out as it will be in the first year, so that when I buy it I have the looks I adore.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #28
rayainsw

Drives: G8 GT\Corvette Coupe [ gone ]
drive one...

Quote:
... I buy a new car every 1-3 years and have never purchased one that I had not driven or seen in person.
I waited until I could drive a Corvette Coupe equipped essentially as I wanted to order one before I would commit to buying one.

I will not spend $30K+ ( SS2 w/options ) unless \ until I can drive a very similar one. . .

And I can wait.
- Ray
Wondering when THAT will be?
rayainsw is offline   Reply With Quote