Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for another AMCC?
$165. Keep it the same 16 43.24%
$199. It's a freakin' STEAL! 15 40.54%
$250. Boy this is getting to be an expensive hobby! 4 10.81%
$275. I'm made of money. Yeah. 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Depending on the date, I would make the trek from Norcal for sure. I'll be in the same boat as Rick with the 92db or so. I'm betting my car will be pretty loud at WOT
Old 05-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Laguna Seca is a great track! Been on it with my motorcycle. Corkscrew is a bit scary, but it's fun! 3-day weekend would be best - but maybe Sunday a travel day, Monday a drive day, then home? If it's on Friday, many will have to take off some Thursday to get there. Just thinking out loud...

Yes, sound will be an issue. I have no idea what my car puts out as far as sound. I think I have a sound meter though so could check.

Yes Chris, you're number 2 If not, I still have my #3's to bring you

Maybe we'll get some of the new '11 Mustangs! Those will kick some butt!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #17
kbuckert

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
I'd be down with another one...I'm pretty sure that I cant pass teh 92db though...1-7/8" Kooks LTs w/3" to the back through magnaflows.

Hopefully my car will hold up for the next one...its still in the shop, seems that GM can't find a freaking axle seal yet :(
kbuckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Upon further review, Laguna Seca is OUT. Dates are difficult to get, 92 dB limit is going to drive most of you batty (was told even stock V8 Camaros will trigger the dB meter), and it is freakishly expensive to rent. It is almost double the price of Auto Club Speedway even during the week, and we will have to pay extra for fire/safety.

HERE'S ANOTHER INTRIGUING IDEA. David did some calling around and found out that Las Vegas Motor Speedway is available SUNDAY November 7th. That's the Sunday following SEMA (SEMA ends on Friday) in Las Vegas. Price is marginally more than Auto Club Speedway BUT the track is close enough to Vegas and it's on the weekend. I can even potentially secure SEMA passes for the first 10 attendees to sign up.

We've got the date reserved for now, will know within the next 30 days whether or not this is do-able from vendor responses, and based on that will be able to determine what we'll have to charge to break even. Will keep y'all informed.
Dan@BMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #19
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@BMRacing View Post
Upon further review, Laguna Seca is OUT. Dates are difficult to get, 92 dB limit is going to drive most of you batty (was told even stock V8 Camaros will trigger the dB meter), and it is freakishly expensive to rent. It is almost double the price of Auto Club Speedway even during the week, and we will have to pay extra for fire/safety.

HERE'S ANOTHER INTRIGUING IDEA. David did some calling around and found out that Las Vegas Motor Speedway is available SUNDAY November 7th. That's the Sunday following SEMA (SEMA ends on Friday) in Las Vegas. Price is marginally more than Auto Club Speedway BUT the track is close enough to Vegas and it's on the weekend. I can even potentially secure SEMA passes for the first 10 attendees to sign up.

We've got the date reserved for now, will know within the next 30 days whether or not this is do-able from vendor responses, and based on that will be able to determine what we'll have to charge to break even. Will keep y'all informed.
yes, Yes & YES! Put me down on the list!! #1 on the list! Yay!

I'd love the opp to go to SEMA!!

Last edited by LuckyWife; 06-02-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: further commentary
LuckyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #20
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Number 2

SEMA & Track!

And we Even get an extra HOUR that day!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;

Last edited by Michael_Js; 06-02-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #21
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
november would be a much better idea, as the summer heat is miserable for both car and drivers alike.... i would like to go to the las vegas event if it happens in shop c6 z06
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Number 3 on the list for Vegas, I will be a SEMA as well
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #23
kbuckert

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Is there sign ups yet, or is this still in the making...I'm def in

FYI: since it seems that the slostangs have a light following, the G8's could run with them again...

Last edited by kbuckert; 06-02-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: silly mustang...
kbuckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #24
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Meeting with some vendors tomorrow to see if they're interested in participating...Should know within the next 2-3 weeks if this will be financially feasible.
Dan@BMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #26
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Damn #5, I was #4 last time.................

But we haven't signed up yet and paid.....................have we..........

Gunna need to get some brakes for the next one. not that mine are shot, but not looking to finish them off.

Maybe through the stock rotors back on with different pads.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:48 AM   #27
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@BMRacing View Post

i'm very interested in doing it again, how long is the road course and is there a track layout you can post up?
i will be displaying at sema, and running in the optima ultimate street car challenge on sat the 6th, would there be a way to get in last minute based on the outcome at the challenge? just concerned over time constraints and in case something breaks during the challenge, wouldnt leave enough time to fix it.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #28
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

http://www.lvms.com/