Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #2815
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Hey guys just updated the OP with more pictures of contributing members engine bay. I will keep working on the OP to make it easier to navigate by adding more hyper links to were new members can get info specific to what they are doing on the thread.

Also, please post DIY on how your doing thing as we all get ideas from each other and how we can do things better.

If anybody has pictures of their engine bay (Including updated pictures of the existing engine we already have pictures for) and would like to be added to the OP gallery, please post them so U can add them.

Now keep up the great work!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #2816
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
LOL, cant say I have never done anything for you.
You still have a lot to do to earn LCs special path to heaven.

Those bulbasaured pieces look stunning, wonder how you actually came to know the existence of such process.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #2817
Moreno1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
You still have a lot to do to earn LCs special path to heaven.

LOL, I will keep chanting to hopefully open the gateway to the path .....

Those bulbasaured pieces look stunning, wonder how you actually came to know the existence of such process.

When you try so many different ways to do something, eventually you hit on something your happy with.

Actually Justin was the one who came across that process, so I cant take credit for it
Old 09-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #2818
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
Man, Rich, you are going all out. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Ed, be a little while till I'm finished how I want it but it should he back on the road in a couple months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #2819
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVORTECHSS View Post
Finished routing the brake lines for ABS removal. Mounted prop block. Waiting on my master to be finished at the machine shop.
Matt can't wait to see what you come up with bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012InfernoSS View Post
Alright so here is my progress.. I still have some stuff to do like tucking the wires alittle better, lengthening the drivers side injector and coil plugs along with the starter wires.. I also need to mount the computer so its not banging around

Any recommendations are encouraged this being my first time doing this
Hey Rich keep up the great works! That's really encouraging that you've never done it before and your jumping right in....reminds me kinda of this guy I know, LOL. I remember early on when this thread started a lot of folks were hesitant about touching the harness. Now its become the norm.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #2820
Moreno1

CF Cooling plate

Hey guys as a token of my appreciation for all the guys that have contributed to this thread I have a special deal on the cooling plate. PM me for special pricing. To qualify, you would have had to post on the this thread before.

Name:  CoolingPlateinstalled_zps86809020.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  78.4 KB
Old 09-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #2821
2012InfernoSS

How about that crash bar u got in the front, I know the stock one is heavy and I'm looking to lose as much weight as i can

Old 09-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #2822
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012InfernoSS View Post
How about that crash bar u got in the front, I know the stock one is heavy and I'm looking to lose as much weight as i can

My Buddy Kevin at H & M Racing and Design made them. We had multiple request for them and Justin organized a group buy. Kevin made about 25 and I think he might have a couple left. He made front and rear bars. You can see them on the G5.R build thread. Call Kevin and see if he has any left http://hmracingdesign.com/
Old 09-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #2823
2012InfernoSS

Sweet! Thanks, I'll give him a call tomorrow morning or today after work if I get out on time. Adding 80lbs to my car with the iron block

Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #2824
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Just painted this. A stupid bug flew through the spray and was "painted" into it. I removed the carcass and sprayed over the crater left. Now I have a small run you probably won't see unless pointed out.

I used the Eastwood 2K gloss black spray. Bada$$ stuff at $30/can. One can did the entire bay but I put it on thick. I also bought a can of clear gloss 2k. I'm saving it for when I do the rest of the bay - the front and sides where the hood sits. I'll clear the whole bay then.

I had a heck of a time getting the bay painted. It was my technique. I was trying to dust instead of paint. I ended up sanding down the passenger side twice to fix the roughness from the paint drying too fast when dusting. The passenger side was my practice side as it was the most uncluttered.

Now, let this stuff dry and then I'll sand out the orange peel and put the ABS, Fusebox, and PCM in place along with my custom made enclosure box.

I didn't paint all along the firewall because it will be getting covered up by the gray stuff I can't think of what it's called right now... I'll have to buy another can of the Eastwood stuff because I have some cutting to do on the cowl and I'll repaint that whole area so it matches. The Eastwood stuff isn't exactly a match for factory black but it sure looks good there. Who knows, it might be a closer match when dry but I doubt it.
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #2825
2012InfernoSS

^ Nice

Im going to do mine when I get all the wires moved and the motor pulled out, Got 2 12oz cans of IOM and 2 cans of Clear. Thinking I might cut some steal and fill in where the abs plugs go through to the wheels, Im going to re route them anyway and it will looks way better without that plastic cover
Old 09-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #2826
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I used the ceramic paint. When it dried, it was super smooth to the touch and felt like porcelain. I just wet sanded it to get rid of the orange peel, etc. It dried more black than the pics showed.

I'll get another can and hit it again in a week after rewiping for dust, etc, hit it with a red scotchbrite pad and shoot some more coats.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #2827
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I used the ceramic paint. When it dried, it was super smooth to the touch and felt like porcelain. I just wet sanded it to get rid of the orange peel, etc. It dried more black than the pics showed.

I'll get another can and hit it again in a week after rewiping for dust, etc, hit it with a red scotchbrite pad and shoot some more coats.

Wow bud! That's a hell of a transformation!!! Looks like your relocation the fuse box, the ABS and the Battery post. Did you smooth the the strut towers also? Its going to look really good when your done, special with the new IW 8 rib front drive a little birdie told me your getting, LOL

FYI, you might want to try wet sanding with 400 followed by 600. I re-prep the did the engine bay again. Wet sanding with a little water leaves a really smooth finish. Finally finish cleaning it with a tack rag.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #2828
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Drives: 2018 hyper blue zl1
Has anyone removed the ac and left it off since im gonna have to do a complete engine build because one of my lifters failed and exploded and froze one of my lifter bearings to the cam and I cant get it off now removing the engine im going all out nothing like Nathan though but I punchered my ac condenser and decided who needs ac I don't daily drive but the ac condenser has the powersteeing cooler on as well anyone separated the 2 and removed the ac plus im looking for the ac plug or blockoff from the firewall to plug were the lines used to be coming out anyone have any suggestions

Blake also what does your modified cabin air filter cover look like I moved my abs in there as well and may be interested in how u modified thanks guys