Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #2913
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Welcome, come and introduce yourself in person some time. we have many get togethers!

PS... we ALL love our Camaros!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #2914
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Yes, welcome destroyerofu2!! How's it going in Elkhart these days? I'm from Valpo - so a double welcome from a fellow Hoosier :-)
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #2915
Gibsoneb
IT Geek / Gearhead

Drives: 2010 - 1SS Black Ext/ Grey Int. M6
Welcome destroyerofu2, good to have another in our ranks!

Hey guys, I need some help, I had a unfortunate incident when the Dad was in town with his Mustang, was too close to me at a light and thought I was going and bumped me So he feels bad e-nuff as and is going to pay me back to get it fixed. Minor minor damage.
So I need recommendations of a good body shop around the Eastgate, OH area that I could take it too if any body can recommend somebody.
I would rather not take it to the dealer because they will charge a arm and a leg to fix such a minor repair.
Thanks in advance!
2G1FS1EW7A9186899

Mods Installed - MGW Short Throw, SkipShift Eliminate, 20% Tint, Autobot Emblems, FilterMag, KITT Scanner #22
Mods on order - Black Bowties, G-tech Meter, Ext. Sound Trigger
Future Purchases - Meth Injection, CAI , Long Tube Headers, DashDaq
Gibsoneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #2916
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
I'm new be nice

love my new camaro
Welcome! Love your car too! Then again, I'm a bit biased towards IOM...

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #2917
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Drives: Inferno Orange SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have spent the mod allowance for this year at this point too. I am just plotting for next spring. I think the headers/exhaust/tune this week will make for a nice boost to keep me happy with the car's performance for a while. On the cosmetic side, I've had the windows tinted and I'll be getting wheels sometime in late May.

The only other smaller things I might do this year is have my brother do some custom paint work on it when I drive up to upstate NY (Rochester) to visit family in late July. I am considering having hood spears painted on it. I am also thinking about having the brake calipers powder coated and perhaps slotted/drilled rotors installed this summer. (I want to find out if 1 RD JEWL has figured out if his rotors are what is causing his brakes to squeak first before I dive in.) There may be a couple of other cosmetic mods (like I might get some painted engine bay parts from showstoppers).

The cam and super charger (IF I decide to do them) will have to wait until next year. I just like to talk about these things with people who know more than I do about cars (which is all of you guys). I also like to run things by you folks because you aren't actually trying to sell me the parts! I don't know yet. I am just doing my homework for now.

Thanks for all your help. Meeting all of you has been the best part of getting my Camaro!

"Hrpiii" makes some good points. If you plan on supercharging you really dont need a cam unless your wanting to push the power way up. Supercharging is great for the street though I must admit. Its an easy way to make a great power and keep the RPMs at a reasonable level. Myself, I am a normally aspirated type guy and my expertise in the field of race engine and component design has always been centered around NA engines. The VVT is VERY difficult to tune properly and a lot of people are having such a hard time with it that they elect to take it off and go with an LS3 front timing set. The problem with going to the LS3 timing set is that your giving up a lot of power. The VVT makes a big cam act lick a smaller one down low and even bigger than it is in the upper RPM ranges. Its the best of both worlds with no compromise. It works off of oil pressure and moves the cam back and fourth in the engine up 20°. With the larger aftermarket cams its limited to 10° to make room for more lift and duration (bigger cam). A word of warning! Dont let anyone tune your L99 VVT with an aftermarket cam unless you know for sure they know what they are doing. The guys who have it figured out have found it to a great advantage. Even though I build engines and design induction systems for a living, even I know when I am out of my element. This is why I am going to one of the few true pros who have figured out the L99 VVT with big aftermarket cams and his shop is in Rochester. Mike Furmusa at New Era Performance is "the man" to tune a L99 VVT. I am driving all the way to NY in July to get this done right. That's how important it is.

Darth_Emma, I don't know exactly when I'm going to New Era in July. I'm thinking towards the end of the month. Maybe if I can coordinate my trip with yours, you could stop by New Era while I'm getting my cam put in and you could talk to Mike about what you are wanting to do. If not, you could always talk to him on the phone.

Darin Morgan (prostock69's husband)
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.
VVT ACTIVE! Thanks to New Era Performance!

Darin Morgan
-Induction R&D-EFI calibration
Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Last edited by Darin Morgan; 05-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Darin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #2918
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
I'm new be nice

love my new camaro

welcome to the camaro lovers, mustang haters club...lol...congrats, nice ride
Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #2919
cntryman77

well, I've got them finished...kind of...I've got my stripe package all drawn up. These are pics of them printed full size on paper. I picked my orange out today from a sample book & the guy is going to order my vinyl tomorrow. I should have everything done by the end of next week. WOOHOOO!! once I get them done, I'll post some pics. Also, I'm considering painting the vanity rings orange to match. I'm going to wait until after the stripes are on to make a decision though. Any comments/suggestions on that, or has anybody seen that done yet?

sorry about the qaulity, took them with my iphone. Will take the stripe pics with the good camera when they're done
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #2920
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsoneb View Post
Welcome destroyerofu2, good to have another in our ranks!

Hey guys, I need some help, I had a unfortunate incident when the Dad was in town with his Mustang, was too close to me at a light and thought I was going and bumped me So he feels bad e-nuff as and is going to pay me back to get it fixed. Minor minor damage.
So I need recommendations of a good body shop around the Eastgate, OH area that I could take it too if any body can recommend somebody.
I would rather not take it to the dealer because they will charge a arm and a leg to fix such a minor repair.
Thanks in advance!
I had a minor repair done at the Body Shop at Kings Auto Mall. Excellent work! It was insurance so cost was not a issue. Its worth looking into them for a quality job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
well, I've got them finished...kind of...I've got my stripe package all drawn up. These are pics of them printed full size on paper. I picked my orange out today from a sample book & the guy is going to order my vinyl tomorrow. I should have everything done by the end of next week. WOOHOOO!! once I get them done, I'll post some pics. Also, I'm considering painting the vanity rings orange to match. I'm going to wait until after the stripes are on to make a decision though. Any comments/suggestions on that, or has anybody seen that done yet?

sorry about the qaulity, took them with my iphone. Will take the stripe pics with the good camera when they're done
Side stripe is SWEET!

Hood and deck lid is weird, not bad, just weird. Like my friend Josh. He's really weird, but I like him!

The orange trim rings on the wheels NO NO NO NO!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #2921
cntryman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

Side stripe is SWEET!

Hood and deck lid is weird, not bad, just weird. Like my friend Josh. He's really weird, but I like him!

The orange trim rings on the wheels NO NO NO NO!

The side stripe will have the same outline as the Yenko, I just didn't print the black to save ink. The hood & trunk stripes are similar to the 2009 SEMA show stripes GM had. The reason I'm considering painting the rings is they are just painted plastic anyways. Hoping someone makes an aftermarket stainless set sometime in the future.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #2922
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
The side stripe will have the same outline as the Yenko, I just didn't print the black to save ink. The hood & trunk stripes are similar to the 2009 SEMA show stripes GM had. The reason I'm considering painting the rings is they are just painted plastic anyways. Hoping someone makes an aftermarket stainless set sometime in the future.
I didn't see the SEMA car. I am not saying I dont like it... maybe poor word choice... I should have said different!

I 100% agree someone needs to make a stainless steel trim ring, like the old days. My guess is you will never see it b/c the low production numbers of the LS. Not a big market for it. In my opinion they should have been stainless to begin with but plastic is MUCH cheaper.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #2923
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
I suscribe to this and read it every day, but somehow I keep missing stuff like the Kmart cruisin and other stuff... Does anyone have a listing of the "regular" cruise ins and events? I want to go out and meet people but for some reason don't catch anything... Used to love it when I just knew every sunday there was a cruise in at value city, and every thursday there was one at longworth hall (or do I have those backwards?!?!?!?) like there was a few years back... Now I can't find anything... so when are these Kmart cruise ins, and are there others???
Hope to see you there soon. I am leaving for Texas on Saturday. I may make to KMart though if the weather is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

(I want to find out if 1 RD JEWL has figured out if his rotors are what is causing his brakes to squeak first before I dive in.)
Hold on on your brakes... developing story. I plan to redo the whole calipers with all the shims from the OEM brakes. I am going to order from Chev. I don't think it is the rotors though. I think it is the ceramic pads and a shim issue. Standbye....

Quote:
I'm new be nice

love my new camaro
Welcome, and look forward to meeting you.

Quote:
I don't know much about cams. I know they make it sounds nice and lopey and add nice power. I am holding off for a while on the cam... maybe forever. I am not sure I want one at all and mama wants to do some thing to the house and put quite a bit into it this year. After the headers go on and it get retuned, I am going to leave it for a while. I am going to work the brakes over the winter but I have no real other plans. I do like the Flowmaster exhaust Drew has on is car so... maybe
J,

did you get your sways? I got an email from BMR that they will ship my springs and the rear sway, but the front isn't ready yet. Got a pretty good deal. Not supposed to tell... Can't wait for the 23rd to put the MGW in and most likely the springs. Figure I will wait to do the sways until they are both in. Who knows, they may make it.

Heinze,

Haven't had time to check the forum yet but still no AAC LED Markers. I have about had it with AAC!!!!! They are sending new P13Ws to fix the brightness issue. They are going to send a set. Wonder if they'll match?

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #2924
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Every Friday... KMart in Beavercreek
Every Friday... Kroger in Milford (rte. 28 off 275 in Clermont county)
Every Sunday... Quaker Steak in Milford (rte. 450 off 275 in Clermont County)

...I am sure there are many more, these are just the ones I know about.

Plus we have our own gatherings about once a month to every other month... just stay tuned here for those!
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.

Still get going about 9/10 PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
On April 29th about 11:30ish, were you driving south on I675? I passed a yellow SS w/ black stripes. It was the first yellow SS I have seen around here.
Nope, not me. There are three actual bumblebees in my neighborhood though, so I know there are a lot of them out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Hope to see you there soon. I am leaving for Texas on Saturday. I may make to KMart though if the weather is nice.
How early do they get going? If Its not too late I'll be at Kmart on Friday. If its late, those Friday ones will be tough for me to make. I'd prefer Thursdays or Sundays!

Normally Quaker steak n Lube cruise ins are tiny- but then the last cruise ins I am used to are the 300+ car cruise ins downtown and the 100+ that used to be at Lakota HS, or the Dayton Mall. They are all worth a shot though! So if you see an SS BB, be sure to stop by and say hi!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #2925
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
Cool

Quote:

you have to do the top of the car too if i ever get my stripes redone thats what im doing imo, it looks good

but yea I'm one for making ones car its own little here little there just to be diff and so when people see it they know hay thats that one guy with the sweet ride
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #2926
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
maybe even widen it a bit to follow the reverse mohak on the roof
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?