Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #2927
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I always think of stripes on the roof as a Mustang thing.
They were first used by Briggs Cunningham and then later adopted by many, including the Shelby Cobra. So... I wouldnt say a Mustang thing but thats just me.
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #2928
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
trying to add some pixs for give me if this dont work out right
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #2929
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

have to get new pics blacked out tags and lettering going to tint lights tonight
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
Old 05-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #2930
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

just took these
blacked out the camaro on the side
and made the ss red instead of white and blacked out the chevy front and back

still have to do the gills

Last edited by destroyerofu2; 05-04-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: gills
Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #2931
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. Standing by...

Sorry to hear/read that your LED bulbs don't match. Keep us posted as to how it works out. I've had + and - impressions of AAC. They do seem to make things right in the end from what I've read.

Hope to see you on the 23rd.
I am done with AAC after I get the LED markers (already paid for) and the bulbs replaced. They are horrible about meeting their timelines for production/shipping and have a very poor QA/QC. Even the engineering is bad if you have to file things down to get them to fit. Although we all do it because it looks very good. GM should have gone that route for the 2SS/RS anyway.

I probably just pissed them off today in their Side Marker thread. "D" and I are both waiting, but still nothing. Their products are good, but no time for a business that has such terrible customer service in meeting pretty standard expectations. They keep changing their story.

I had to threaten to go into their main forum and complain versus the PM I sent to keep everyone from getting riled up and start a landslide of bulbs that are not the same brightness. I have one that is noticeably dimmer than the other. They stated they would be shipped two weeks ago and still nothing. So I may just need to go in and let it fly.

A good product is nothing if you can't get good service!

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #2932
1 RD JEWL

Extractor Hood RK Sprots

Here is the hood I am thinking of going with soon. Maybe after the trip to texas. I have to take the car to Chicago to get it done unless I find a reputable body shop to paint it. Maybe I will check at the Chevrolet dealer. I am planning on doing the hood the same color inserts, or a charcoal black"ish" with a stripe on the trunk that is the same color with a thin pinstripe on each side that is also the same width as the "shaker like insert". Of course in RJT.

A few of us who went to the fest saw it on a IOM that ran down and back with us from cincy.

Anyone know any painters in the area you would trust to do this kind of work?
Attached Images

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #2933
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post

A good product is nothing if you can't get good service!
+1

I got my deposit back because of their shenanigans over the price quoted and the excuses never end. I applaud the effort bringing items to the market but their customer service leaves much to be desired.

Mike
131 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #2934
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Hold on on your brakes... developing story. I plan to redo the whole calipers with all the shims from the OEM brakes. I am going to order from Chev. I don't think it is the rotors though. I think it is the ceramic pads and a shim issue. Standbye....

Heinz,

Haven't had time to check the forum yet but still no AAC LED Markers. I have about had it with AAC!!!!! They are sending new P13Ws to fix the brightness issue. They are going to send a set. Wonder if they'll match?
Burnish the brake pads & rotors by doing the following:
- Accelerate to 30 mph
- Apply brakes firmly without locking them up and come to a stop
- Repeat above about 20 times allowing some cooling time in between stops

I haven't received any of my AAC order and there has been no change in the 4/20 UPS tracking email. Since they have recently been posting decent pictures of painted side markers, it appears they are getting close. They posted pictures of black today so hopefully all the black ones will be shipped any day. You probably pissed them off and they are waiting to paint RJT last.

Quote:
Here is the hood I am thinking of going with soon. Maybe after the trip to texas. I have to take the car to Chicago to get it done unless I find a reputable body shop to paint it. Maybe I will check at the Chevrolet dealer. I am planning on doing the hood the same color inserts, or a charcoal black"ish" with a stripe on the trunk that is the same color with a thin pinstripe on each side that is also the same width as the "shaker like insert". Of course in RJT.
Don't they offer this hood pre-painted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
How early do they get going? If Its not too late I'll be at Kmart on Friday. If its late, those Friday ones will be tough for me to make. I'd prefer Thursdays or Sundays!
Cruisers start filling up the KMart parking in the afternoon. You almost need to get there before 5pm to get a parking spot on nice weather days.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #2935
1 RD JEWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
Burnish the brake pads & rotors by doing the following:
- Accelerate to 30 mph
- Apply brakes firmly without locking them up and come to a stop
- Repeat above about 20 times allowing some cooling time in between stops

I haven't received any of my AAC order and there has been no change in the 4/20 UPS tracking email. Since they have recently been posting decent pictures of painted side markers, it appears they are getting close. They posted pictures of black today so hopefully all the black ones will be shipped any day. You probably pissed them off and they are waiting to paint RJT last.

Don't they offer this hood pre-painted?
I am sure I pissed them off but at this point, they won't paint RJT until the end. They are probably doing the colors they have the most of first. Thats what I would do but they defiantely have poor business practices over all for sure.

They better be perfect. I have half a mind to stop by and see them. Are they in the dallas area?

I am heading that way. Dallas is just an 1.15 hrs way from where I will be for a week. Let me see.....

I am nit sure if you can get it pre-painted?

Burnished them the first drive I took them out. Are yours getting better?

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #2936
1 RD JEWL

Nope ... Louisiana

Ordered my lowering springs and sways front/rear.

Look what the guy is trying to get me to do with the front quarter panels... I like it, but the black camaro badge would be polished aluminum...
Attached Images

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #2937
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Fenders like horrible... IMO
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #2938
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
I am also looking for a good paint shop in the Columbus area to paint hood spears on my car. I will ask the guys at IPS Motorsports who they recommend locally next time I talk to them.
I have used these guys a few times and I like there work. Their in Grove City.

http://integrityplusautobody.com

Last edited by GC-Camaro; 05-05-2010 at 06:10 AM.
GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #2939
1 RD JEWL

I am not a fan of the whole fender mods. The gills would have been nice if they did something with them but, hood is about as far as I am going. will need a little more room/air for the supercharger or turbo

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #2940
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Greetings, Fellow Buckeyes!
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?