Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #29401
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
hey gta............. where ya been?
The wife and I finally got a day to ourselves today. We both had the day off and Daycare was open so we wen to the IMAX and saw TF2...

@ (diddy)

I've spent the last few days tring to sort out my adobe CS3 installation. Adobe's activation system sucks to repair if it ever gets screwed up and it takes like 3.5 hours to install......

at one point I was almost ocnvinced I was gonna have to wipe my entire machine....

But I'm good now. Wife and kids are alseep and I'm getting ready to go to bed.

Just wanted to drop in and say hey!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #29402
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
Hello Godfathers of Camaro 5
Old 07-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #29403
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
I am teh ONE FOR THE LAST TIME!

Hello
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #29404
TJTKSDMJ8

OK.. So I Know it's the wrong forum..... I GOT MY CAR TODAY!!!

Whew!!!

Feels good just to say it!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #29405
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
The saw TF2...
Yay or nay?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #29406
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Awsome! Now change your sig.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #29407
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Do you do anything for just entertainment
beer.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #29408
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTKSDMJ8 View Post
OK.. So I Know it's the wrong forum..... I GOT MY CAR TODAY!!!

Whew!!!

Feels good just to say it!
Uhhhh, Camaro?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #29409
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Gent/Spike -

The asvab is score based, but its a bit confusing because they list percentiles on the score sheet.

At least for Army, your total score (for example, Gents 67) is just a guideline for the level of jobs you should be looking at. Any particular job will actually require a certain score in certain subsections.

What Gent was referring to with his 130 was a line score - one of those compilations of certain subsections - for Army use only. For example, a computer tech doesn't need to know much about engine repair.

Each branch uses the ASVAB differently:

Marine Corps.

The Marine Corps determines job qualifications from four separate composite scores made up from various sub-tests of the ASVAB. The Marine Corps Composite Scores are:

* Clerical (CL)- No Marine Corps enlisted job uses this composite anymore. In 2002, all enlisted MOS's which had a requirement for a CL composite score were converted to GT scores.

* Electronics Repair, Missile Repair, Electronics & Communications (EL) - Determined from General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK) and Electronic Information (EI).

* General Maintenance, Construction, Utility and Chemical Maintenance (MM) - Determined from General Science (GS), Auto & Shop (AS), Mathematics Knowledge (MK) and Electronics Information (EI).

* General Technical, Special and Officer Programs (GT) - Determined from Verbal Expression (VE) and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR).

Air Force.

The Air Force has four composite score areas made up from the individual ASVAB sub-tests, known as MAGE. The four composite score areas that make up MAGE are:

* Mechanical Aptitude Score - Determined from General Science (GS), Mechanical Comprehension (MC), and Auto/Shop (AS).

* Administrative Aptitude Score - Numerical Operations (NO), Coding Speed (CS), and Verbal Expression (VE). (Note: With the elimination of NO and CS from the ASVAB, a "dummy score" is now inserted there, so the Administrative Score is actually determined directly from the VE Score).

* General Aptitude Score - Determined from Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) and and Verbal Expression (VE).

* Electronics Aptitude Score - Determined from General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), and Electronics Information (EI).

Army.

The Army determines job qualification from ten separate composite scores made up from various sub-tests of the ASVAB. The Army Composite Scores are:

* Clerical (CL) - Determined from Verbal Expression (VE), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), and Mathematics Knowledge (MK).

* Combat (CO) - Determined from Verbal Expression (VE), Coding Speed (CS), Auto & Shop (AS) and Mechanical Comprehension (MC). Note: Because CS has been removed from the ASVAB, a "dummy score" is inserted for this area.

* Electronics (EL) - Determined from General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK) and Electronic Information (EI).

* Field Artillery (FA) - Determined from Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Coding Speed (CS), Mathematics Knowledge (MK) and Mechanical Comprehension (MC). Note: Because CS has been removed from the ASVAB, a "dummy score" is inserted for this area.

* General Maintenance (GM) - Determined from General Science (GS), Auto & Shop (AS), Mathematics Knowledge (MK) and Electronics Information (EI).
* General Technical (GT) - Determined from Verbal Expression (VE) and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR).

* Mechanical Maintenance (MM) - Determined from Numerical Operations (NO), Auto & Shop (AS), Mechanical Comprehension (MC) and Electronic Information (EI). Note: Because NO has been removed from the ASVAB, a "dummy score" is inserted for this area.

* Operators and Food (OF) - Determined from Verbal Expression (VE), Numerical Operations (NO), Auto & Shop (AS) and Mechanical Comprehension (MC). Note: Because NO has been removed from the ASVAB, a "dummy score" is inserted for this area.

* Surveillance and Communications (SC) - Determined from Verbal Expression (VE), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Auto & Shop (AS) and Mechanical Comprehension (MC).

* Skilled Technical (ST) - Determined from General Science (GS), Verbal Expression (VE), Mechanical Comprehension (MC) and Mathematics Knowledge (MK).

Navy & Coast Guard.
The Navy and the Coast Guard use direct ASVAB line scores for job qualification determination.

Hope this clarifies things instead of just making it more complicated.
-X

P.S. - Looking at my ASVAB scores, I realize that I misremembered my score. I made a 93, not a 94 . However, as said earlier, a 93 is good enough for any job - 80 is about the highest required.
thanks for clearing that up i had no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
it is, just put the camaro-glasses down for a sec and think about the actual movie. it's an army commercial with pretty bad acting in some situations, the roommate thing was just plain stupid, the involvement of the parents made no sense whatsoever, the autobot bikes were useless and the end was one of the worst movie endings ever. all of a sudden, blub it's over.

the only good thing was the two twins and the little truck.
aren't they Marines lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
didn't realize it was this late already... im out ............ l8r guys

man i just ate some of the best food ever my step grandma is in town and she is Filipino and she makes the best filipino food ever like some adobo and pancit,chicken and broccoli,then some other stuff that is like there version of split pea soup(kinda just with meat and some other stuff ) . that and i killed half a bottle of tequila
so don't know how much longer im gonna be up lol
and i get to eat like that every time she's in town
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #29410
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
aren't they Marines lol
does it matter?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #29411
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
beer.
fair enough!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #29412
TJTKSDMJ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Uhhhh, Camaro?
Is there any other?

Your right tact!!!! Changing the sig now!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #29413
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Yay or nay?
HUGE

If you want plot and acting go see "saving private ryan"

if you want to be blown away buy what they can do in a move with CG? And you want to be exhausted when it's all over? Go see it on IMAX or wait for bluray!

Just eye popping entertainment.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #29414
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
does it matter?
well to marines

me naa just f'n with ya
Closed Thread

Tags
10 tags for dg, 3.4l of ram-air fury ftw!, all tags for fake palm tree, always remember to not forget, call tactical z peanut, dg's tag empire restored, hail to da hose, lol@xsoptifail, nick is a delicate flower, post if you notice this tag, potd extended to weekends, pq is still shorter than frodo, pq is the coolest.........., sugar shack, votw every friday