Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #379
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Well, my Savini wheels came back and are biting me in the butt once again.

I sold them on ebay. The buyer chose NOT to pay the shipping and handling fee I asked for and selected "local pickup." But, he lives in Iowa (I'm in Ohio). So he sent me a note and asked if they were packaged and ready to ship. I said "no, you didn't pay the shipping and handling fee which includes the cost of packing up the wheels to ship." So, I told him where he could get the wheels (IPS Motorsports) where they were waiting for him on a rack.

Well, he contacted IPS to have them wrap and ship the wheels.

When he got them... guess what? He said they have CHIPS IN THE PAINT!

I called IPS and they confirmed that the wheels had no blemishes when they packed them. So, the chips occurred sometime after they were shipped (which the buyer was responsible for).

The buyer is now asking me to give him a partial refund of $1000. He has also given me my first ever negative feedback on ebay. I'm sure he is going to escalate the case to get ebay involved next week.

I really hate those wheels!
Damn.

Believable.

(as opposed to UNbelievable, because that wouldn't make sense)

I think it's time for me to get really agressive with an anti-Savini internet site and campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Man, talk about an albatros. These wheels are going to haunt you for a the rest of your life.
I know mine will.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #380
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn.
I think it's time for me to get really agressive with an anti-Savini internet site and campaign.
Let me know if you want me to dig up some information. If it's on the internetss I'll find it.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #381
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Exactly, he chose to do local pick up and then have IPS ship them. His fault.
Problem is, ebay will not take that into account. He's not going to admit they we're damaged in shipping. He'll say they were not as described and ebay will likely side with the buyer.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #382
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that.

If he paid via paypal, you're hosed, if he paid another way,you may have a chance.

He'll likely file a SNAD claim (Significantly not as described). Ebay generally rules in the buyers favor 99.9% of the time. As long as he ships the wheels back, ebay will give him a refund. That's where the payment comes in, if it's paypal, they will pull the money automatically from your paypal account. If he paid with a money order etc., it's tough luck, but they will suspend your ebay account until you refund him, so you have to decide if it's worth it.

It might be in your best interest to make a counter offer. Offer him $500 and make it clear you're prepared to drag the process out if necessary etc.
Why not just bag the E-Bay account, make another, and empty her PayPal account?

Quote:
Let me know if you want me to dig up some information. If it's on the internetss I'll find it.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #383
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
They've put a hold on my paypal account. I can't touch it.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #384
Berean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Why not just bag the E-Bay account, make another, and empty her PayPal account?

You can. That's part of the decide-whether-it's-worth-it. Keep in mind though, paypal accounts are linked to credit cards and bank accounts. They aren't supposed to take money from them without authorization, but you wouldn't be able to use those accounts again for paypal or ebay.

Also, keep in mind ebay owns paypal, it's the same company.

One good thing is, since he chose "local pickup" on the ebay auction and then subsequently chose to have them shipped himself, he will likely have to eat the shipping both ways. I don't think ebay will force a shipping refund since it wasn't part of the ebay auction.

That's going to be $400 he'll have to eat, which may give DE some leverage in dealing with him.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #385
The Stig

Quote:
Seriously? Wow. You could cancel the credit card that paypal is linked to. Other option would be to put a hold on your bank account for a week or so.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #386
Darth_Emma

I don't understand how anyone can say he has a leg to stand on when he selected "local pickup" and the wheels were fine when they were wrapped for shipping. The shop that prepared the wheels for shipping has attested to that.

What he needs to do is file a claim with the shipping company. I had nothing to do with the shipping.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #387
Berean

Quote:
Yikes. I hate to say this but you're hosed. Ebay will side with him and will refund his money.

The only bright spot is that he will likely have to eat the shipping costs both ways.

Also keep in mind, if he wins the SNAD claim, all he has to do is provide ebay with a tracking number. Ebay isn't going to care what's in the boxes. He could do anything to the wheels he wants and ebay won't care.

I hate to scare you but this tool could scratch them up or do whatever he wants and as long as he ships them back to you, ebay will refund his money.

Ebay is NOT seller friendly anymore. They changed the rules 2-3 years ago heavily in favor of the buyer. You can't even leave negative feedback for a buyer anymore.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately it sounds like you're going to get hosed.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #388
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Seriously? Wow. You could cancel the credit card that paypal is linked to. Other option would be to put a hold on your bank account for a week or so.
Seriously. I'd have to close my bank account and cancel my credit card. I have to believe ebay will rule in my favor since the buyer took on the shipping himself.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #389
Berean

Quote:
Seriously. I'd have to close my bank account and cancel my credit card. I have to believe ebay will rule in my favor since the buyer took on the shipping himself.

I truly hope they do, but it isn't likely.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #390
The Stig

Quote:
God Speed
Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #391
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Been there done that

Quote:
Hate to say it but ebay will side with him more than likely.
I have had a similar experience when selling a high end dual quad manifold.Buyer claimed after the fact that it had an additional hole drilled in in that was not factory.It had a factory threaded boss for a temperature sender in reality.He would not back of until I offered him $50.00 back which I did in order to protect my rating.It sucked but what are you going to do.If the shipper had taken pictures prior as they were boxed you might have a case.I started doing just that on high end goods encase it ever happened again.So far it has not.Good luck but ebay is all about the purchaser now.The seller is a tool to them and no more.I dislike all the changes that they have made in those respects but they still draw the largest audience to enable you to get the most for your merchandise(in most cases).Along with the headache's.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #392
Darth_Emma

Anybody want to start a "bail out Darth_Emma fund?" This really sucks.