Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #3921
'10LS

Drives: Rally Yellow 1LT with white stripes
I am officially screwed! GM customer service told me they are unable to diagnose my car so they can't fix it. The dealership(Garber Chevrolet) told me a couple weeks ago (over the phone)that it was a #5 cylinder misfire but they weren't sure if it was the injector or the spark plug. When I picked the car up yesterday they didn't have the invoice ready so I picked it up today. On the invoice it says that they were unable to duplicate the problem and they put 130 miles on the car.
'10LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #3922
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Drives: SIM '11 2SS/RS and '13 BD Avalanche
Need help spending 1K on GM Accessories... (Long Story) They wont sell me the off road track pack exhaust as it could "void my warranty"... BS... anyway... Also the stuff has to be installed by dealer so cant just buy something and sell it... So options car cover with lock, splash guards, premium floor mats, cargo organizer, spare engine cover to mod, dark argent heritage grille for future mod... I dont really know but i want to hear your thoughts or if there is something cool i should consider... Was set on that exhaust and am pissed they wont sell it to me...
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #3923
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy_72 View Post
Need help spending 1K on GM Accessories... (Long Story) They wont sell me the off road track pack exhaust as it could "void my warranty"... BS... anyway... Also the stuff has to be installed by dealer so cant just buy something and sell it... So options car cover with lock, splash guards, premium floor mats, cargo organizer, spare engine cover to mod, dark argent heritage grille for future mod... I dont really know but i want to hear your thoughts or if there is something cool i should consider... Was set on that exhaust and am pissed they wont sell it to me...
Can you call another dealer??
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #3924
steeleshark2

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10LS View Post
I am officially screwed! GM customer service told me they are unable to diagnose my car so they can't fix it. The dealership(Garber Chevrolet) told me a couple weeks ago (over the phone)that it was a #5 cylinder misfire but they weren't sure if it was the injector or the spark plug. When I picked the car up yesterday they didn't have the invoice ready so I picked it up today. On the invoice it says that they were unable to duplicate the problem and they put 130 miles on the car.
No check engine light?? What symptoms are you having now?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #3925
'10LS

Well I am still having the same symptoms as before there is a hesitation when just driving under normal load and the RPMs jump. you can feel the car misfire but there is no light because it doesn't misfire as a constant, it will misfire and run fine for a second or two then misfire again. It doesn't do it under heavy load only at lower RPMs just cruising. I talked to my laywer about the lemon law and he said that unfortunately since the paperwork from the dealer says nothing is wrong I have nothing to go on.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #3926
steeleshark2

Quote:
Well I am still having the same symptoms as before there is a hesitation when just driving under normal load and the RPMs jump. you can feel the car misfire but there is no light because it doesn't misfire as a constant, it will misfire and run fine for a second or two then misfire again. It doesn't do it under heavy load only at lower RPMs just cruising. I talked to my laywer about the lemon law and he said that unfortunately since the paperwork from the dealer says nothing is wrong I have nothing to go on.
You can do some data logging while driving. Jhart711 may be able to help you out with that. That will show if it is misfiring or even if it is something else. You could go to another dealer for a 2nd opinion. Have them test drive a new one with you then drive yours to show what is different. If you can, get it video recorded as evidence.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #3927
'10LS

That would be awesome if we could set something like that up! I have done the whole ride along with a new one and mine and thats what made them look into it and find the misfire. I am weary about taking it to another dealer due to the fact that corporate GM is involved and I keep trying to get a new person to handle the case and everyone there keeps sending me to the same guy and he is useless! Even when I asked to talk to someone new they pretty much refuse to do it. I LOVE my camaro but as I get further into this run around BS game I am actually considering trading it in....
Old 08-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #3928
SURPRYZ

Drives: 2000 SS
I would trade it at the same dealership that states that they can't find the problem. If you go to another dealer they may see the invest. On it and give you some trouble. I would get rid of the car. Some cars are just jinxed. They have this new zl1 coming out. I heard its cool! Lol

Follow River City Performance on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/RiverCityPerformance
SURPRYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #3929
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
hey guys ck speed channel in 6 mins. Show is called My ride rules it is going to have a 2010 CAMARO on it.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #3930
steeleshark2

Quote:
That would be awesome if we could set something like that up! I have done the whole ride along with a new one and mine and thats what made them look into it and find the misfire. I am weary about taking it to another dealer due to the fact that corporate GM is involved and I keep trying to get a new person to handle the case and everyone there keeps sending me to the same guy and he is useless! Even when I asked to talk to someone new they pretty much refuse to do it. I LOVE my camaro but as I get further into this run around BS game I am actually considering trading it in....
PM sent!!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #3931
'10LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURPRYZ View Post
I would trade it at the same dealership that states that they can't find the problem. If you go to another dealer they may see the invest. On it and give you some trouble. I would get rid of the car. Some cars are just jinxed. They have this new zl1 coming out. I heard its cool! Lol
I heard about that zl1 thing, it could be cool I guessThats not really going to be in my price range though
Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #3932
chevyguy_72
EVIL SS

Drives: SIM '11 2SS/RS and '13 BD Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Can you call another dealer??
Nope because it was denied by the GM regional rep... I have however emailed chevy directly asking about the possibility of voiding my warranty... Guess we will see what they have to say... I am guessing the off road use only is because it does not meet sound level is some state (too loud)
Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #3933
steeleshark2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy_72 View Post
Nope because it was denied by the GM regional rep... I have however emailed chevy directly asking about the possibility of voiding my warranty... Guess we will see what they have to say... I am guessing the off road use only is because it does not meet sound level is some state (too loud)
Look at posts from Patrick in this one:
http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...&siteid=214638

His site can give good ideas for OEM upgrades from GM (like subwoofer upgrade or interior pieces ect.)
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #3934
steeleshark2

All,
I have some Camaro5 membership business cards made up. 200 total and I am going to keep at least 25. I will sell 25 for 5 dollars or 50 for 10 dollars for whoever wants them. I paid 36 dollars so I am not making any money off them. I will bring them to the cruise in so everyone can look at them and pick them up if you want some. I can order more as needed and will give it to you at cost.

The front is the attach file. The back states:

To get to the Jacksonville Camaro Club Portion of the forum, please follow these directions:

1. Goto www.camaro5.com/forums

2. Scroll down and under regional forums select ”USA –Southeast”

3. In the Sticky area, select “Southeast Regional Camaro Clubs”

4. Select “Jacksonville Camaro Club”

5. After signing up for a free account on Camaro5, please introduce yourself here and stay up to date with our events.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf FRONT Camaro5_card.pdf (456.5 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by steeleshark2; 08-03-2011 at 09:42 PM.