Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #3935
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
So it appears we have a answer to the GT500.... How about a answer to the Boss????
why not an all in one?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #3936
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
So it appears we have a answer to the GT500.... How about a answer to the Boss????
I'm sure Number 3 and his coworkers are working on something...

How's that twin-turbocharged V6 coming?
Old 10-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #3937
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
why not an all in one?
Good point..... but I was thinking of competition by price point. I was vague, my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm sure Number 3 and his coworkers are working on something...

How's that twin-turbocharged V6 coming?
Hmmmm that would be quite interesting. I wonder how that would compare to the boss's V8. TT's are going to add weight over the nose but the V6 is of course lighter to begin with... very interesting.

I never thought I would say this but if a TT V6 Camaro handles like it is on rails and has a decent power to weight ratio I may be interested.....

Last edited by ShnOmac; 10-23-2010 at 09:27 AM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #3938
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just how much HP do you guys think a TT V6 will make? Me thinks you are wayyyy overestimating it.

The Taurus SHO is making what 365 HP in a FWD/AWD platform. You aren't going to get much more than that if you had a RWD platform. So you'll get better MPG than the LS3 (maybe), but not better power. If you are thinking something between an LS3 and whatever you think might be under the hood of this mythical unicorn mobile you are all hoping for, that engine wouldn't be a TT V6. It would have to be something else.

And if you are thinking of something between the LS3 and the base V6, then you simly put the 6.0L from the G8 in there and get a a 360 HP car. But why would you pay more than the V6 and not get the full LS3/L99 experience. Most customers going up to the V8 would likely go all the way, not half way.

But it's always good discusssion. So what are you thinking for a TT V6? Cost and HP and FE?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #3939
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just how much HP do you guys think a TT V6 will make? Me thinks you are wayyyy overestimating it.

The Taurus SHO is making what 365 HP in a FWD/AWD platform. You aren't going to get much more than that if you had a RWD platform. So you'll get better MPG than the LS3 (maybe), but not better power. If you are thinking something between an LS3 and whatever you think might be under the hood of this mythical unicorn mobile you are all hoping for, that engine wouldn't be a TT V6. It would have to be something else.

And if you are thinking of something between the LS3 and the base V6, then you simly put the 6.0L from the G8 in there and get a a 360 HP car. But why would you pay more than the V6 and not get the full LS3/L99 experience. Most customers going up to the V8 would likely go all the way, not half way.

But it's always good discusssion. So what are you thinking for a TT V6? Cost and HP and FE?
a TT v6 doesn't seem like a good combo for such a heavy car. if you're looking for the ultimate corner carver with good acceleration. but I could be wrong.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #3940
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd prefer that to a $50K+ 12/18 mpg Camaro.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #3941
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You don't see too many of these in the States.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #3942
ShnOmac

We had a Exchange car sales representitive on board.... but GM is not part of our military car buying program. Boooooo! It would be pretty darn nice to order a vehicle now and have it waiting when I get back... and I would not have to deal with a damn DEALER! I think everyone knows how I feel about dealers...

It starts like starts goin gets to then and ends with me

So who do I have bribe to get GM in on this program....

http://www.encs.com/
Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #3943
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
We had a Exchange car sales representitive on board.... but GM is not part of our military car buying program. Boooooo! It would be pretty darn nice to order a vehicle now and have it waiting when I get back... and I would not have to deal with a damn DEALER! I think everyone knows how I feel about dealers...

It starts like starts goin gets to then and ends with me

So who do I have bribe to get GM in on this program....

http://www.encs.com/

AMEN!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #3944
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
"We had a Exchange car sales representitive on board.... but GM is not part of our military car buying program. Boooooo! It would be pretty darn nice to order a vehicle now and have it waiting when I get back... and I would not have to deal with a damn DEALER! I think everyone knows how I feel about dealers..."

The best thing about the Exchange New Car Sales is that you never pay mark up, most options are discounted and previous years rebates are applied.

Last edited by thePill; 10-25-2010 at 02:22 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #3945
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
"We had a Exchange car sales representitive on board.... but GM is not part of our military car buying program. Boooooo! It would be pretty darn nice to order a vehicle now and have it waiting when I get back... and I would not have to deal with a damn DEALER! I think everyone knows how I feel about dealers..."

The best thing about the Exchange New Car Sales is that you never pay mark up, most options are discounted and previous years rebates are applied.
I'm not sure about cars but harley's are 8-10% below msrp before any rebates. . . the main reason I'm picking up a new harley in march.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #3946
ShnOmac

The discounts are nice but Im really all about not having to deal with a Dealership... I would actually pay extra to not deal with a dealer!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #3947
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/25/c...ans-v8-engine/

XTS cannot get here soon enough.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #3948
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
The discounts are nice but Im really all about not having to deal with a Dealership... I would actually pay extra to not deal with a dealer!
lol. luckily I've found a dealer that isn't bad to work with. just too bad I haven't found a good reason to buy. almost ordered an SS but I knew better. now I'm coming up on 2.5 years at this base and I don't have orders. this is a first. so not use to staying in one place for more then that.

but yea I really wish GM would get back into the encs. deployed or get stationed overseas. . .free delivery. . .ya and lower price.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014