Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #29
ritchie57

Drives: 71 chevelle ss conv.
514.00 per year.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #30
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
Hey Shevyman, your quite the rascist. I am reasonably sure you are young and very immature. I will also bet that you are not as good as driver as you think you are. There is an old proverb that goes, " better to keep quiet and let people assume you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". Heed my advice.
no not a raciest. just saying. cause from growing up here in san gabriel rates went higher as the asians moved in cause more accidents. i have many reasons to complain. and no i never said i was perfect i have my self bumped into a few cars myself at younger age. but never any damage.

i have had my car parked on my street and it got hit by an asian pulling out from behined me after picking up there kid from school and ran. then i was parked at work and the asian guy from next door backed into my car went back like 2 car lengths which was along way to just turn out of the parking who also tried to run but friend stoped him for me, then i had my neighbor who also is asian back into my car getting out of there driveway. how much space do they need. and they also didn't say anything i have proof cause my paint was on his bumper. so thats my reason.

top it off its a good joke around here and my friends who are also ASIAN say the same thing.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #31
off1c3r

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT 50th
Any ideas for a company to use in NYC?
We pay $2900 every 6 months for 08 imp, 07 tahoe, full comp and 07 imp basic liablity. Trying to replace 08 impala with camaro and find cheaper rates in general. Other companies (we have allstate) showed me $1400/6months for camaro full comp and $750/6months for impala with basic.

Anyone have good experience with getting the best rate? I know when i switched from geico to allstate we saved $1000.

Last edited by off1c3r; 08-25-2009 at 02:13 AM.
off1c3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #32
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
Any ideas for a company to use in NYC?
We pay $2900 every 6 months for 08 imp, 07 tahoe, full comp and 07 imp basic liablity. Trying to replace 08 impala with camaro and find cheaper rates in general. Other companies (we have allstate) showed me $1400/6months for camaro full comp and $750/6months for impala with basic.

Anyone have good experience with getting the best rate? I know when i switched from geico to allstate we saved $1000.
Call your Allstate agent and see if you qualify for Your Choice Auto insurance.

I went with the Gold plan
I added the camaro to the other 2 cars and my rate went down $300 yr.

--Accident Forgiveness: Helps keeps rates from going up just because of an accident.

--Deductible Rewards: Gives an immediate $100 off collision coverage deductible and an additional $100 off for each year of accident-free driving -- up to $500 total.

--New Car Replacement: Can provide replacement value for a policyholder's new car if it is totaled in a covered loss

Had I simply added the camaro to my existing policy I was looking at a $600+ increase.

02 Silverado, 05 Denali, 10 Camaro, Full Comp, Full glass, 1K ded. $2000 yr premium

Wierd thing is my truck is the highest premium. Go figure.
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #33
off1c3r

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpilot View Post

--Accident Forgiveness: Helps keeps rates from going up just because of an accident.

--Deductible Rewards: Gives an immediate $100 off collision coverage deductible and an additional $100 off for each year of accident-free driving -- up to $500 total.

--New Car Replacement: Can provide replacement value for a policyholder's new car if it is totaled in a covered loss

Had I simply added the camaro to my existing policy I was looking at a $600+ increase.

02 Silverado, 05 Denali, 10 Camaro, Full Comp, Full glass, 1K ded. $2000 yr premium

I'm goingto have to call up and see but are you telling me that for those 3 vehicles with FULL comp you pay $2000 every 6 months or every year?
off1c3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #34
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
$2000 annually
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #35
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvpilot View Post

Allstate is awesome as far as I can see. I got a quote from my agent for planning purposes and it worked out to $1800/year.

Thats the '09 Malibu, '06 Colorado and the Camaro all with high liability coverages, $500 deductible, full comprehensive and the gold package with new car replacement.

It helps that my list of discounts is a half a page long, including the big one of having my homeowners policy with them...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #36
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
USAA insurance is by far the best I've ever had. They don't advertise, so the rates are always lower (thats my theory). Unfortunatly, you have to be in some way affiliated with the military to use USAA. Take it for what it's worth.
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #37
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I have allstate also and for full coverage I will only pay $293.00 for six months. I am a good driver and no accidents or tickets. I think it's a good deal.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #38
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by katman View Post
Hey Shevyman, your quite the rascist. I am reasonably sure you are young and very immature. I will also bet that you are not as good as driver as you think you are. There is an old proverb that goes, " better to keep quiet and let people assume you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". Heed my advice.
Racist= One who believes in the inherent superiority of one "race" over another strictly on genetic reasons. : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race over another.

Prejudice= is a baseless and usually negative attitude toward members of a group.

So in fact its very easy to see he is just prejudiced against asains as bad drivers. Please get this straight and learn it. I get so tired of people throwing the racist word out there. I mean come on people! Learn the definition and get that chip off your shoulder! There`s not a "racist" around every corner ready to do you wrong....I know there are lots of liberal groups who tell you there are, heck even our president says so, w/ his "typical White Person" comment. It`s just not true. Are some people Prejudiced? you betcha, and its not just white people....
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #39
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
$1300 a yr. allstate
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #40
ComancheSS2

Drives: 2010 ABM SS2/RS 6M
I was able to check mine today with my new Vin# and was quoted $435.35 every six months which is actually $3 cheaper than my 2004 Chevy SSR.... Trading up six years, adding 126 horsepower and cheaper insurance....sounds great to me.

The insurance guy told me he tried to input the Camaro SS2 in as a high performance vechile and the computer would not classify it that way. He said it was classified as a mid-range performance vechile. He did not understand it, but he said it could be changed later as more of them are on the road....He said it is definitely a sweet ride and to enjoy it....
Old 08-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #41
Kai Lae

Drives: CGM 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan3 View Post
USAA insurance is by far the best I've ever had. They don't advertise, so the rates are always lower (thats my theory). Unfortunatly, you have to be in some way affiliated with the military to use USAA. Take it for what it's worth.

USAA is a bit more open than this, unless they have changed their rules. Which, I don't think they have, since over the years they've expanded eligibility, not contracted it. Originally you had to be an officer to get in, however now it's any active duty military. Checking their website:

* Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
* Children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.
* National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
* Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
* Former military personnel:
o Retired officers and enlisted personnel.
o Former officers and enlisted personnel who separated from the military on or after January 1, 1996.

Also USAA's superiority goes well beyond rates as they have been ranked as the best customer service organization in business by Business Week magazine for 2 years in a row; one year the article on them IIRC said "those that have the privilege of being a USAA member...". Plus they have a lot more than just insurance under their roof, they're my bank for instance as well, they offer discounts, etc. I never worry about this stuff. Ever.
Kai Lae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #42
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
Does anyone know how much it would cost a 16/17 year old on Geico in New York for an SS? Thanks.
Pct1theory is offline   Reply With Quote