Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #29
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Dave View Post
Why would we be kidding. Adding a bottle is the most cost affective way of making up to 150 extra horses safely. And since the power is only there when you want it it will not affect your daily drivabilty.

Nitrous is by far the biggest bang for the buck
So true, So true. I think N20 is great with just a 100 shot you get a second off your 1/4 mile at least, If you can drive anyways. Can you ask for anything more ?
I will be only doing 3 things to my SS 6-speed when I get it.
1) 20" drag radials 2) 100 horse nitrous kit with a tune & all the extras 3) fully adjustable coilover suspension
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #30
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
i like 7 shot...
2000 (dealer received allocation):
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production):
3300 (scheduled for prod):
3400 (broadcast):
3800 (produced):
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped):
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #31
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
Robin Lawrence is at the NMCA race right now running the GMPP car on nitrous in the late model shootout. You can probably get some results at NMCAdigital.com
He is badass i cant wait to go to NMCA vs NMRA #4 (superbowl of street legal drag racing) this saturday july 18th in Joliet,IL
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #32
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Ran a 12.09 and a 11.95 on Saturday.

Sunday was a bust with missing second gear. Trying to be aggressive with the shifts

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #33
SpeedySoldier

Drives: 97 z28, 03 s10-zr2
so is anyone else planning on spraying their SC motor besides me?
SpeedySoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #34
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
I know this is the v8 forum, but what do you guys thing about spraying the LLT v6?

How will the DI be effected by N2O? It would probably have to be run with a wet system with DI, right?
the LLT is going to LOVE N2O. nitrous loves high compression. there's already a kit out by Zex for the v6 to add over 100hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
There is no need for the Engine/PCM/Tune to compensate for anything with a properly setup wet kit... if it is a large enough shot the timing is already pulled and with proper length fuel and nitrous lines from solenoid to plate/nozzle you can eliminate any lean spike.
what I'm saying is that even by pulling the timing and tuning to have the extra fuel, you are still throwing a huge amount of stress at the motor. the torque spike that occurs when you are spraying a large amount of nitrous is what often times destroys the motor. the easiest way around this, short of running a smaller shot, is to run a progressive controller to soften the instantaneous blow of a high powered nitrous setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence View Post
Ran a 12.09 and a 11.95 on Saturday.

Sunday was a bust with missing second gear. Trying to be aggressive with the shifts

Robin
there you go... trying to show off....
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #35
mark_p

Drives: 2010 2SSRS m6
I am installing nirtous on my 2ssrs. I have used nitrous for a long time and it is perfectly safe if you take the necessary precautions. It gets a bad rep from the people who dont take those precautions and blow things up. IT is by far better on your engine than forced insuction if the the shot is small (100hp and less) and is not used every day. I have sprayed 2 camaros 1 lt1 and 1 ls1 each for over 100,000 miles and they both still ran like new when I sold them. A blower engine without forged engine internals will be give out by that time. My engine compression after 100,000 miles and probably 100 bottles of nitrous was still as good as the engine when it was new. (maybe just a little less but that is from normal wear) Bottom line is nitrous done correctly is awsome and safe power when you need it. Check out the new ZEX kits as they automatically change fuel flow to match bottle pressure which is what nitrous has needed for a long time to be safe for your average daily driver. IF your are scared all I can tell you is don't call out the red camaro with white stripes from mississppi because it IS SPRAING>
mark_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #36
ss1_2010

Drives: 2010 ss1 Cyber grey M6
I would say nitrous on an ls3 would be safe up to 150 shot if your not abusing it thats what i am doing to mine harris speed works has a wet kit for around $420 w/10lb bottle. if your just messing around on the street keep some smaller jets in until you head to the track. Just make sure you get a custom tune before you spray cause without it you will run lean and could cause isues!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #37
Nyxeroz

Drives: Bad Boy
Everyone talks about following the proper rules w/ nos , what are they?
Does it have to do w/ spraying at certain RPMs , certain fuel or amount in vehicle, amount of time you're pressing buttom, no fatties in passenger side ?
Nyxeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #38
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxeroz View Post
Everyone talks about following the proper rules w/ nos , what are they?
Does it have to do w/ spraying at certain RPMs , certain fuel or amount in vehicle, amount of time you're pressing buttom, no fatties in passenger side ?
Here is a great article from GM High-Tech Performance that answers your question:

Link: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...y/viewall.html