Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #29
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I dropped my Camaro off at dealer yesterday. The smell is almost unbearable now, but still nothing on floor. They told me it would take about 4-5 days to fix. They ordered all the parts and are ready to replace everything, once they get it apart.

What I don't get is why GM is calling this a "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION" repair. There is clearly an issue with the HEATING SYSTEM somewhere, or I would not be getting the smell I am getting. Everyone can smell it they sit in the car. Even the dealer tech guys and service manager admitted they can smell it. The Dealer has been great with this entire process, but again, I get the feeling that GM is reluctant to call this an ISSUE/PROBLEM, or at least that is the way I am made to feel.

Now, I wait and see what happens. I am hoping that by tomorrow the dealer will call me and let me know what the issue is/was.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #30
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
...wait and see what happens. I am hoping that by tomorrow the dealer will call me and let me know what the issue is/was.[/FONT]
How'd it turn out?

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #31
Moorepheus

well, turns out, they didnt' have all the parts, and the HEATER CORE is on BACK ORDER...so who knows when it will get fixed. I went back and got my car back. Glad they didn't take her apart before the relized they didn't have all the parts. Man, she smells bad, even with the A/C on. Who knows now how long I will have to wait for the HC to come in.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #32
Number_9

Really sorry to hear about it... you might try throwing a bag of of something or other on the floor board, to absorb any moisture and, hopefully, some of the odor.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
Moorepheus

Dealer called me last week told me parts were in. Was scheduled to take car in on 13th, Well, I didn't wait, because as of Saturday, I didn't have any fluid in the car, But Sunday, I started to see fluid on the floor mats and carpet on the passenger side. Checked glove box, it's clean. Also, there is some residue on the dashboard where on the side by the glove box. If you rub your hand on the passenger side floor, it kind of feels a little damp, and smells of radiator fluid. Called the dealer this morning, they told me to bring it in today. So, they have my car and told me it should be done by Friday. I don't know, little worried about getting it back and possibility of it always smelling bad. Also, I think the radio screen has residue on the inside, wonder if they will replace radio because of this? I will have to talk to about that while they have the dash all apart.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #34
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
The dealer had my car for about 3-4 days for this same issue a while back. My car still had that bad smell for a few days after it was "fixed", but I don't really smell that bad stink from the vents anymore.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #35
Number_9

Quote:
Dealer called me last week told me parts were in. Was scheduled to take car in on 13th, Well, I didn't wait, because as of Saturday, I didn't have any fluid in the car, But Sunday, I started to see fluid on the floor mats and carpet on the passenger side. Checked glove box, it's clean. Also, there is some residue on the dashboard where on the side by the glove box. If you rub your hand on the passenger side floor, it kind of feels a little damp, and smells of radiator fluid. Called the dealer this morning, they told me to bring it in today. So, they have my car and told me it should be done by Friday. I don't know, little worried about getting it back and possibility of it always smelling bad. Also, I think the radio screen has residue on the inside, wonder if they will replace radio because of this? I will have to talk to about that while they have the dash all apart.
Get them to shampoo/wash the carpets as a part of their process... which will include removing your front windshield and pulling the dash. I was worried about rattles and ongoing odor, but both turned out to be non-issues for me (thank goodness!) and I got a new windshield out of the deal to boot.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #36
Moorepheus

I just talked to the service manager about the radio. He's going to call GM and see what they recommend. I am hoping they can at least clean it, but replacing it would do too.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #37
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
Every once in awhile I hear a dripping sound coming from behind the glove compartment but theirs no water on the floor outside or inside. Is that normal noise or is that the start of my heater core going out?
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #38
Moorepheus

I never heard a dripping sound, just the bad smell of antifreeze. Take to dealer, can't hurt to find out.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #39
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
I just talked to the service manager about the radio. He's going to call GM and see what they recommend. I am hoping they can at least clean it, but replacing it would do too.
Keep us posted on the radio, a lot of us have a fogging on the inner screen lens.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #40
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Keep us posted on the radio, a lot of us have a fogging on the inner screen lens.
I think mine is residue from the antifreeze leaking from my heater core. It is all over the windows, etc. on the inside, but I will keep you informed.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #41
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I hope your dealer is able to get you all taken care of Moorepheus. Let us know how everything goes. Hopefully they're willing to clean up your interior as well!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #42
Moorepheus

Thanks Jeff. The interior was not all that bad, fluid wise anyway. Just started to leak on Sunday, took it in Monday. However, the residue of antifreeze is all over the windows & inside the radio screen. I just don't know how they are going to clean the Radio. Windows are pretty easy to clean.

I love my car, but I am having my doubts about keeping her when this is all over.