Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-31-2015, 04:53 PM   #29
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobysZL1 View Post
Hey Cal. Wanted to ask you a couple things here.
I had a manual ZL1 recently with 10 percent lower, rotofab, ati damper, id850 injectors and tune. The car really was a blast to drive. It put down 587/565 on the dyno.

I took everything off that car and traded my manual coupé in for an auto convertible. I love love the auto I'll probably never go back to a manual after 20 plus years of shifting these kind of cars. Anyways my question is this..... My car current just has the rotofab back on it and mild to wild switch. I love the sound and the performance with the way it is pretty much stockish ... what I'm wondering is do you feel that I should put the injectors, pulley and tune back in this one? Does it really really wake up the auto that much more, cause I'm having a blast in this thing stock.
I don't wanna loose any drive ability. Not sure how these autos respond, due to it being my first one in such a powerful muscle car already.
Thanks..
Without a doubt I would put them in. The Auto in M (Sport mode & let the tranny shift) with a proper tune is a blast to drive with that extra boost and really makes the car perform. Drive-ability is fine when under normal driving conditions. My issue is when you do want to get on it a bit, hooking the tires on the stock GY's - the rear tends to kick out on the auto shifts to 2nd & 3rd. I hope to this solve next week when I get my Nitto NT05's for the rear.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:49 PM   #30
TobysZL1

Drives: ZL1 Gone but not Forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Without a doubt I would put them in. The Auto in M (Sport mode & let the tranny shift) with a proper tune is a blast to drive with that extra boost and really makes the car perform. Drive-ability is fine when under normal driving conditions. My issue is when you do want to get on it a bit, hooking the tires on the stock GY's - the rear tends to kick out on the auto shifts to 2nd & 3rd. I hope to this solve next week when I get my Nitto NT05's for the rear.
Nice! Thanks for the reply. Yeah even if I do hold off for a little bit, more then likely I'll get bored and they'll be going in. Lol
I'm getting extreme contact continental tires put on. My car is a daily during the summer months only but I want to be able to drive without issue in the rain. Plus I hear great things about them. I hear they stick rather well also. Not a fan of the stock rock flinging GY's ...
Anyways I'll let you know how I make out when I get those mods put back in...
TobysZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote