Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #29
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Backeddy has donated and wishes a long life for Norman! Now only if I could get rid of my damn PITA 21yo Jack Russel.....Any takers?
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #30
mrh923

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/M6 Cyber Gray Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I feel ya OP I have a King Charles Cavalier and that guy is without a doubt my best friend. About a month ago he was not acting himself so I took him into the vet and we ran tests on him to see what was going on everything came back ok. I decided to take the next step and run a ultrasound on him and a black mast came up on it possibly a tumor in the intestine area, so it was either explore into there to get a biopsy or remove it. 2K to do it, but without hesitation I had to do it for him and pray everything was ok. Come to find out no tumor his pancreas was enlarged and stomach was inflamed, but everything came back positive. Hes back to his old self, so I pray for you and ur best friend and wish u both all the best. I will shoot a donation to you as well. Best of luck were pulling for you!

Well I am so glad that everything came back okay for him. He is a good looking dog too! I totally understand your position...I would have done the same thing without hesitating. You just need that piece of mind to know your best friend is okay! That's how we found Normans cancer. It could have been nothing, but I approved the biopsy when he was getting his dental done and it turned out to be this. If I hadn't done that, Norman could have died. It's all worth it for your family, and that's just what dogs are. Again, I'm so glad your boy is okay and thank you so much for your well wishes and offering to donate to help Norman. It's greatly appreciated. He's a tough guy.

BTW-I love your rims...car looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Backeddy has donated and wishes a long life for Norman! Now only if I could get rid of my damn PITA 21yo Jack Russel.....Any takers?
I just received it! Thank you so much. Everyone is so generous and it had me pretty emotional just how helpful people are. It was so unexpected to receive all this help, and it is going to ensure that Norman gets every single treatment that he needs. You guys are helping to save my best friend, and I'm forever thankful for that. ... 21 y/o pup!? I've never heard of that...I wish all breeds could live that long!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:33 PM   #31
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
No problem, yep 21 years old! this damn dog is like one of my kids....just wished it would have moved out at 18! I really hope that Norman gets everything he needs and that you can enjoy his company for many years to come!
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:34 PM   #32
Kcchiefscraig

Drives: 2010 LT synergy green
+1

Opea and Khloe say get feeling better!
Attached Images

Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Kcchiefscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #33
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
No problem, yep 21 years old! this damn dog is like one of my kids....just wished it would have moved out at 18! I really hope that Norman gets everything he needs and that you can enjoy his company for many years to come!
Jeesh that's crazy! Haha I've never heard of a dog living that long. Well good for him sounds like you take great care of your kids. Thank you I sure do too. He's up in bed with me tonight and I'm able to sleep so much easier now that you guys have been helping him. Please share if yall can and I'll be posting updates on how he's doing on the fund page. I'm cherishing our time together much more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcchiefscraig View Post
Haha wow great looking pups!! Thanks to you and Normans friends.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #34
Kcchiefscraig

Drives: 2010 LT synergy green
This is the only time they have been allowed in the camaro! But they rule the roost everywhere else, they are very much loved! They sleep in the king bed every night.
Mods so far Monster Clutch,first ever! Hurst shifter, RS Headlights with halo always on harness, Heritage Grill, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 20% tint, RX catch can, RX clean side seperator, Vmax Iceolator. BBK long tube headers, high flow cats, Magnaflow exhaust, gill stripes, GTO Clutch resevoir, plastic dip wheels emblems.
Kcchiefscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #35
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Wishing all the best for you both and totally understand how hard it is. We are going through it with one of our Siamese cats right now having got cancer at just 5 years old. Hoping you see a full recovery and they really do know they are sick and I feel they appreciate everything we do to try and keep them healthy and hopefully happy.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #36
mrh923

Quote:
This is the only time they have been allowed in the camaro! But they rule the roost everywhere else, they are very much loved! They sleep in the king bed every night.
Haha and in the truck too! I don't blame you. I allow the dogs in my work truck, but they don't get in the car. They look spoiled! that's how it should be. My dogs have been sleeping in my bed every night too. It's comforting to have them right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Wishing all the best for you both and totally understand how hard it is. We are going through it with one of our Siamese cats right now having got cancer at just 5 years old. Hoping you see a full recovery and they really do know they are sick and I feel they appreciate everything we do to try and keep them healthy and hopefully happy.
Thank you for the well wishes. Sorry to hear about your cat, that is a young age to have cancer at...I thought Norman was too young too. The vet said he's seen them get it at 2 years old, it just happens. It's a terrible thing but we can do everything capable to try and keep them around. I know they really do appreciate it as well. You can just tell. Wishing all the best to you and your family as well.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #37
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
- Cute pic.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #38
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfgjyj View Post
I know exactly what you are going through is it just sucks. Nothing else to say about. My Jake was a very loving Golden. He's been gone for 11 years now and there isn't many days go by that I don't think about him. Good luck!
It does just plain suck...Sorry to hear about Jake. Goldens are very loving and great family dogs. I know I'll always remember Norman but I sure hope he will be around for a long time. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #39
Airway Monkey

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
From one Camaro fan to another....I absolutely despise cancer. It's took my Dad away from me a few years ago...and my mom was awesome and lucky to win a battle with cancer last month. I've lost a golden to cancer as well. I currently have a golden, a lab, and two Huskies as my furry kids. Sent a small donation...hope Norman gets well soon!!!

-Matt
Airway Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #40
retmil

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry SS
I just made a donation for your pal.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #41
AF1Strider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS
Prayers for you and your companion!

Also a tip for your car, keep it away from Ospreys, it might catch something!
AF1Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #42
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
Prayers for you and your companion!

Also a tip for your car, keep it away from Ospreys, it might catch something!
Thank you! We need all the good thoughts and prayers that we can get. Haha yes I totally agree! That was made for me when I was in the military, I'm glad to be far away from V-22s now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retmil View Post
I just made a donation for your pal.
I'm at work and just received it. Thank you so much for donating to help Norman. I appreciate it so much! I'll keep posting updates on the fund so everyone can see how he progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airway Monkey View Post
From one Camaro fan to another....I absolutely despise cancer. It's took my Dad away from me a few years ago...and my mom was awesome and lucky to win a battle with cancer last month. I've lost a golden to cancer as well. I currently have a golden, a lab, and two Huskies as my furry kids. Sent a small donation...hope Norman gets well soon!!!

-Matt
It is terrible...our whole family despises it as well. It took both my grandmother and grandfather from me and now it's affecting my best friend. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad but glad your Mom pulled through. That's awesome! How cool I have a Golden and a Husky too! They're great and inseparable. I don't even want to think about how devastated she would be without Norman. Thank you so much for helping us! Means a lot. Please share if you can.