Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #29
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I was hooked as a kid,72, Franz Klammer bombing down the mountain, 80 Hockey team... then in my early adult years, the broadcast production and talking heads got most of the consideration... way too commercial... Yes they opened it to Professional Athletes, and thats too bad, but the U.S and others had to do it to compete with some of the foreign countries that "militarized" or "nationalized" their sports training...I like most of the events, but I don't watch all of them... if it doesn't interest me I don't watch... I come back in here and look at Camaro stuff...

Someone commented about the professional athletes that come over here and make their money and then go back to their home country to participate in the Olympics... yup it happens... It used to irritate me also, until I considered that many of them came over here for a college education... They were invited for that, via sports scholarships, and they benefitted from it, as did the universities that sponsored them through their educational oppurtunities...otherwise the universities would not pay for them to come over here in the first place...If they parlait it into a professional career, does that mean they have to give up their heritage and nationality....

I work in Brazil cause they pay me huge sums of money to come down here, but I am and will always be an American...

Go U.S.A. Bring home some gold...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #30
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
I don't watch the Olympics, or really any non-wheeled sport for that matter. I wasn't really into sports much as a kid and I really am turned off of them as an adult since it dawned on me that sports are just something to watch being played just to pass the time while inside of a giant concession stand surrounded by constant advertizing commercials.

That's just the way I see it.

Last edited by CleanCutCreations; 02-18-2010 at 04:10 PM.
CleanCutCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #31
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post
my wife and i actually watched the suisse and american curling last night just cuz the mechanics of it are interesting.
Me too!!!...it was the first time I got excited about Curling....painful loss for the USA...they came from behind 4-0 and the Swiss tied and they went into overtime and lost....:(
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #32
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I'm enjoying the olympics, better than watching all the crap on regular TV, as long as it's sports it's good with me.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #33
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q's 91z28 View Post
Saw Shaun White last night....the guy is just plain awesome. Also enjoy watching the speed skating competition.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #34
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I was hooked as a kid,72, Franz Klammer bombing down the mountain, 80 Hockey team... then in my early adult years, the broadcast production and talking heads got most of the consideration... way too commercial... Yes they opened it to Professional Athletes, and thats too bad, but the U.S and others had to do it to compete with some of the foreign countries that "militarized" or "nationalized" their sports training...I like most of the events, but I don't watch all of them... if it doesn't interest me I don't watch... I come back in here and look at Camaro stuff...

Someone commented about the professional athletes that come over here and make their money and then go back to their home country to participate in the Olympics... yup it happens... It used to irritate me also, until I considered that many of them came over here for a college education... They were invited for that, via sports scholarships, and they benefitted from it, as did the universities that sponsored them through their educational oppurtunities...otherwise the universities would not pay for them to come over here in the first place...If they parlait it into a professional career, does that mean they have to give up their heritage and nationality....

I work in Brazil cause they pay me huge sums of money to come down here, but I am and will always be an American...

Go U.S.A. Bring home some gold...

Well said, 'young man'...
Old 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #35
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Me too!!!...it was the first time I got excited about Curling....painful loss for the USA...they came from behind 4-0 and the Swiss tied and they went into overtime and lost....:(
I agree Sis! Besides I'm Scandinavian so curling is our thing! Any way people should be excited about the Olympics, where else can you see a snow boarder jump 20 feet or more into the air, and an American downhill racer, Lindsay Vonn deserves eveyone's respect for skiing down a hill they said was like going straight down the Empire State building at 60 plus on a bad leg!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #36
DarthNacho08
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1999 camaro
Send a message via AIM to DarthNacho08
I can't watch all the sports, but some of it is good
DarthNacho08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #37
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have watch only one thing, women's hockey. Let me preface that though...I watched one of 13 goals in one game (I don't know if they scored more or not). However, I care now that the NHL break has come and men's hockey will be on
BEARS-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #38
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
When I'm really bored I'll watch it, but not normally.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #39
usairman8806

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
I didn't care much for olympics when I was back at home. But being in Germany and not having anything to do I have come to enjoy watching the Olympics. I find myself getting mad when the U.S. screws up :Cough: (mens curling team) :cough:
usairman8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #40
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
I enjoy the Olympics - I really love watching the Hockey - Seeing how the different countries play - having their stars back from the US teams.

Speed Skating, downhill and of course 1/2 pipe are all great!

Not interested in Curling, watched maybe 5 minutes yesterday and almost fell asleep.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
BlackSunsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #41
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I watched it when I was younger, when it was covered by Wide World of Sports. Man -oh-Man that agony of defeat part with the guy wiping out on the ski jump, I will never forget that ever !!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #42
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Im afraid to post in fear of being banned lol.