Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
eagle eyes are sick, only thing i would like for those headlights would be to have the parking lamps only flash as a signal and not be on at all times. Is there a way to get that?
There is a very easy way. You can cut the factory wiring like some do and Ill never understand why. Or there are 4 little metal clips on the bulb. If you look at the bulb with "sylvania" facing you break off the metal tab on the left side and reinstall the bulb. You now have only turn signal with that bulb and if you ever want to go back to stock just replace the bulb. Much easier than cutting a wire.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Another difference is the turn signal lense is clear. Also, the halo's seem brighter then stock, you can barely see the stock halo's on during the day.

You would have to cut your parking light wire on both sides, then you could actually hook it to your halo's and have them as the parking light.
I wouldnt cut any wires. My roomate did my car. My DRL is the halo with no low beam DRL. No parking lamp only turn signal. And full auto lights and no wires cut anywhere.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #31
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
I wouldnt cut any wires. My roomate did my car. My DRL is the halo with no low beam DRL. No parking lamp only turn signal. And full auto lights and no wires cut anywhere.
LOL.....Ok ask your roomate when he might have that plug available to kill the DRL on the non-RS.

I know he's busy from all that weather up there but just looking for a status update.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #32
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
the halo's seem brighter then stock, you can barely see the stock halo's on during the day.
True - the EE halos look amazing during the day with the headlights turned off
Old 01-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #33
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
You should be able to switch. I was able to go from H13 - H9 using the AAC kit and I bet they are the same.

The plug from the back of the bulbs that connect up with the ballasts should be the same.

BTW: You should check with TheRetrofitSource for the bulbs as well. When I had to buy some bulbs to go from 8k to 6k they were like $80 from AAC. TRS sells Morimoto brand ones for $35. The Morimoto was a direct plug into my ballasts. You might take a pic of the plugs coming off the bulbs to send to them just to verify they'll match up.
Thank you!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #34
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
There is a very easy way. You can cut the factory wiring like some do and Ill never understand why. Or there are 4 little metal clips on the bulb. If you look at the bulb with "sylvania" facing you break off the metal tab on the left side and reinstall the bulb. You now have only turn signal with that bulb and if you ever want to go back to stock just replace the bulb. Much easier than cutting a wire.
That must look awesome with the eagle eyes
If it werent for having the RS headlights, id definitly go this route
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #35
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
LOL.....Ok ask your roomate when he might have that plug available to kill the DRL on the non-RS.

I know he's busy from all that weather up there but just looking for a status update.
I havent seen him in a couple days. His father is going through some bad times with Alzheimers and is having a bad couple days so he is with him. Next time I see him Ill tell him.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #36
C586
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
That must look awesome with the eagle eyes
If it werent for having the RS headlights, id definitly go this route
I dont have eagle eyes. I wouldnt waste my money. My roomate did a retrofit for me. Even with RS headlghts you still can remove the metal clip on the bulb. With chrome dipped bulbs it looks amazing. No orange at all in the lens of the parking lamp.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #37
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by erk5000 View Post
I have had no issue with lighting whatsoever. Driving in the night with a 6000K HID kit is pretty good cut off and never really switch to high beams. If you decide to get an HID kit with the eagle eyes, make sure your bulbs are H9 and you get an H13 relay harness to connect to your factory Camaro headlight harness. I used to have the halogen housing with AAC LED halos and HID kit and believe me, don't waste your money on doing all that. It just looks so cheesy and cheap. I'm glad I changed mine to the eagle eyes. Do a YouTube search for ERK5000 and you will see my videos I have of eagle eyes & my halogen with halos and HID's on it. You will definitely see a difference.
[lesson]
Many like the factory housing because it looks retro. Not everyone is into the european look. There is nothing cheap looking or cheesy as you say, about either one. Not everyone here likes the same things you do. No reason to think anything you don't like is just bad.
[/lesson]

Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #38
erk5000

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
[lesson]
Many like the factory housing because it looks retro. Not everyone is into the european look. There is nothing cheap looking or cheesy as you say, about either one. Not everyone here likes the same things you do. No reason to think anything you don't like is just bad.
[/lesson]

It's called opinion my friend.
erk5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #39
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
i want black housing not chrome

yuck sorry!
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #40
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
[lesson]
[/lesson]

Agreed....I chose not to buy the RS pkg just for that reason. I did want HID though so that's why I ended up adding projectors to my Halogen housings. I have both the look an the lighting performance I wanted. Props to TurboGuy!!!

You need check out my retrofit thread since you like the halogen housing. Don't want to jack this thread. PM me and I'll send it to or you can search. I think once you see it you'll be convinced and will probably want to add them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
i want black housing not chrome

yuck sorry!
Which is why there are options.....which is a beautiful thing.

Sorry OP....I not trying to jack this thread......it's about Eagle Eyes.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #41
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
Sorry OP....I not trying to jack this thread......it's about Eagle Eyes.
Lolz. Too late buddy.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #42
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx1Lt View Post
Lolz. Too late buddy.
It's was jacked way before my post.....buddy.

I was just agreeing and hopefully trying to get it back on track.
Build Journal