Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #29
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I'm still waiting on a update from my logs from May 30th lmao!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #30
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I'm still waiting on a update from my logs from May 30th lmao!
Haha thats terrible man.

Last edited by '11CamaroLS; 10-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #31
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I know there is a little feud going on but maybe ipf will be able to better tune these cars? They seem to be know what they are doing in the tuning department and have a lot better customer service than trifecta does at the moment. Maybe those with turbos and twins can get them logs to see what they can do? It can't hurt can it?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #32
'11CamaroLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I know there is a little feud going on but maybe ipf will be able to better tune these cars? They seem to be know what they are doing in the tuning department and have a lot better customer service than trifecta does at the moment. Maybe those with turbos and twins can get them logs to see what they can do? It can't hurt can it?
They should give us free tunes out of good will and love for v6 camaros lol yeah right i know.

Last edited by '11CamaroLS; 10-19-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #33
lscamaro

Sorry, I meant that to the turbo and supercharged cars. I figure their cars are a little hard to dial in. and the risk is greater if theirs aren't dialed in perfectly. What's wrong with your car? I thought the LLT was usually very good at adjusting for mods

Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #34
'11CamaroLS

im running E85 and just a few days ago i sent a log to vince and he said the usual "everything is good here" My air fuel is at 14 flat+ where i should be in the 12's, the dyno was done at dynojet research inc by a dynojet employee.

Last edited by '11CamaroLS; 10-19-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #35
lscamaro

I think the problem is that unless you do logs at complete WOT vince can't see afr. And since most can't do WOT for very long it might be hard to adjust it. I'm not making excuses for him but that might be it. Either way, it's good that you got it logged on a dyno so that the afr can clearly be seen and adjusted by him.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #36
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
sorry guys...just woke up to this email. looks like bill already chimed in though to straighten things out. at the end of the day...who knows, maybe it'll help get the ball rolling.

---------------

I misunderstood the release notes. This release is ONLY applicable to the 2012 model year. I apologize for the confusion.

Please see our demos here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Thank you!

Jay
HP Tuners
Old 10-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #37
Tulkas

Drives: Holden ve sv6 2007 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
im running E85 and just a few days ago i sent a log to vince and he said the usual "everything is good here" well then i go jump on a dyno 2 days later and guess what? my fuel trims are way off...at idle im at 20+ at idle and wot im higher then i should be. My air fuel is at 14 flat+ where i should be in the 12's, the dyno was done at dynojet research inc by a dynojet employee and he pretty much told me straight up how off my tune is. anyways he was really cool and did some logs with whatever they use and sent me the dyno runs so i can send it to vince and well im still waiting for even a peep out of him. i know im not the only one waiting on him, its just so frustrating. does he even look at the logs?? lol
I have the same problem, car is running lean. I put my car on a dyno last week and its wasnt in the 12's... My cams already made 30rwkw, not that Im not happy with the tune but its the same tune that Yellow_glide has and Ive made logs but nothing is being done about it. Even an error code comes up: P2189, car is running lean. I also read that, in turn it generates excessive emissions = failed inspection. Dont know....
Tulkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
I think the problem is that unless you do logs at complete WOT vince can't see afr. And since most can't do WOT for very long it might be hard to adjust it. I'm not making excuses for him but that might be it. Either way, it's good that you got it logged on a dyno so that the afr can clearly be seen and adjusted by him.
Yes it has to be WOT, best is to take a log at the drag strip because you will get a good log while in the first three gears. Alternatively you could do a third gear pull to red line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #39
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Yes it has to be WOT, best is to take a log at the drag strip because you will get a good log while in the first three gears. Alternatively you could do a third gear pull to red line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Yea, I do my logs at the strip. But I also don't worry very much because I have bolt ons and the ecu adjusts very well

Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #40
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Yea, I do my logs at the strip. But I also don't worry very much because I have bolt ons and the ecu adjusts very well
Not much traffic in my area at certain times of the day or on some weekends.

There is a flat westbound stretch of highway near me (eastbound side blocked by trees in between the roads) where I can pull out onto the road and start from a stop so that makes doing a WOT pull through 3 gears pretty doable for me.

I probably should do a new log since I've had my ported manifold installed now for a few weeks.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #41
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
yea i live off a street with zero traffic so it is easy for me to get 0-80 without any problems. IDK if vince is just saying the "everything looks great!" because the car adjusts very well to bolt on's, and has no support for people that need a new tune because of the FI. Crazy how hopping on a dyno after vince says it looks good and everything is off. So does that mean everyone's car could be off if he says "everything looks good"?
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #42
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
the logs don't have to be all WOT. he can't see the AFR regardless because we run with a narrowband O2 sensor. the same reason tuners always throw a wideband in the tail pipe...its more accurate. im not certain what all he has access to, but im sure his adjustments are made off of fuel trims during WOT pulls. fuel trims can be a little off at idle or cruising (which is practically idling while moving) but once there is load then should go to 0 fairly quickly...and definitely during WOT +/-3. WOT LTFT's above 10 are a clear indication that the tune is off. although other factors can play into that like fuel mixture or possible vacuum leaks. but there is no sign of a vacuum leak given the numbers. a vacuum leak would throw the LTFT's off during idle/cruising but would show near 0 during WOT if the tune was correct.

'11CamaroLS
to rule out any leaks though, try spraying ether around the base of the intake manifold, plenum cover & TB connection. won't take much either. this will help rule out any air leak(s). also check the PCV connection on the rear of the valve cover on the driver side, it connects to the Air Intake.

hope this helps to either rule everything out or resolve the issue. let us know what you find.