Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #29
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Catch can for sure but if you're into track performance you could do a set of coilovers
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I got the NPP but I still like the look of the more aggressive diffuser. And that is somewhat the look I had in mind. Just not changing the spoiler.
I think the ZL1 diffuser looks great but I don't think there's any aerodynamic function compared to the side rockers and spoiler.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I'm installing the rockers and diffuser partly because of the protection they give. Have you ever seen a camaro with a few miles on it with rock chips on the rockers and quarter panel near the fake vents, and right behind the rear tires on the facia? The ZL1 stuff provides great protection. I hate chips!!! Also installing the Pheonix Gold radio enhancement kit specifically designed for the Camaro. I can get any of you a great deal if interested.
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #32
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I'd get LTs and a CAI
+ 1 !! And the RX Catch Can!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #33
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
I'm installing the rockers and diffuser partly because of the protection they give. Have you ever seen a camaro with a few miles on it with rock chips on the rockers and quarter panel near the fake vents, and right behind the rear tires on the facia? The ZL1 stuff provides great protection. I hate chips!!! Also installing the Pheonix Gold radio enhancement kit specifically designed for the Camaro. I can get any of you a great deal if interested.
Info on radio enhancement? Thanks

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
The more I think about it, the more I see a set of LTs with the diablo intune tuner and a CAI. this warranty may be short lived...
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #35
white1LE

Here is the link to it. The video at the bottom right helps to see how great it is. Price shipped to your door is $1000. Mine will be in next week.
http://www.phoenixgold.com/products/...p?productID=41

Last edited by white1LE; 01-04-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Now that you said that you are in Hawaii, I would spend that $2k to go up and down the volcano on Maui..... It's been 6 years since my drive there with a manual Miata Speed Turbo, convertible. Yeah, yeah, it was the most fun I could rent for a day for a decent amount. Everytime I burn out or feel down, I watch the video I recorded driving up and down....... next time I go, Convertible C7 baby, don't care how much money it is.

Oh, $2k will get you any Ferrari for a full day, unlimited miles. Drive to Hanna and up and down the volcano?!?!?!?! Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah.

The 1LE doesn't need mods anyhow for street driving in Hawaii, it is plenty of car.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Maybe if dealer installed, otherwise it would definitely void the warranty

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
Right, I was told if performed by the dealer it's covered. They also must tune after installation. I intend to go this route in the future.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
I would do the rx catchcan pedders subframe inserts trailing arm and toe rod bushings zl1 rockers drl harness hiflo cats and cai you already ave an awsome car this stuff is just fine tuning and personalizing. Congrats
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #39
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
So after much thought, I am going to stick to cosmetics and a few "safety" items for now.

Rx catch can
Clutch reservoir relocation kit
No drill front plate bracket
CAGS eliminator
Heritage grill
Still debating ZL1 side skirts (only because shipping to Hawaii is horrendous)
Black lug nuts
Window tint
CAI (not sure of the brand yet and haven't seen much difference between the top brands)

Also considering some lettering and vinyl blackout type parts. We'll see what the next few weeks brings to mind. And yes, the mod bug has bitten me... HARD! Right on the wallet.

To make matters worse, I have to leave town on the 9th and my car hits the island on the 10th. I won't get back till the 19th. Kind of sucks for me.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #40
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
So after much thought, I am going to stick to cosmetics and a few "safety" items for now.

Rx catch can
Clutch reservoir relocation kit
No drill front plate bracket
CAGS eliminator
Heritage grill
Still debating ZL1 side skirts (only because shipping to Hawaii is horrendous)
Black lug nuts
Window tint
CAI (not sure of the brand yet and haven't seen much difference between the top brands)

Also considering some lettering and vinyl blackout type parts. We'll see what the next few weeks brings to mind. And yes, the mod bug has bitten me... HARD! Right on the wallet.

To make matters worse, I have to leave town on the 9th and my car hits the island on the 10th. I won't get back till the 19th. Kind of sucks for me.
Just think of all the fun stuff you get to do when you get back

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #41
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I'd get LTs and a CAI
+ tune
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
white1LE

305 tires, ZL1 rockers and diffuser will be here tomorrow!