Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #29
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Had the Zex kit on my 2005 V6 Mustang... Nice kit... good results...

I'm guessing you can run the 55HP jets with the stock tune... but I would think above that you would really want to pull some timing... I can't seem to find anyone that can tune this V6 yet.... Am I missing some thing?
I'm sure you could run the 100hp jets with the stock tune. remember, this motor is DI. fuel and timing are metered way beyond that of a regular EFI motor. not to mention, the high cr of this motor... its going to love nitrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 View Post
still less horsepower though if i'm not mistaken 304 + 100 is 404, the m6 has 426?
numbers dont do anything but look pretty during bench races

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Still not sure how I feel about nitrous in general, but then again I've never driven a nitrous equipped car.

Glad to see things like this are coming out though.
- X
wanna know how I feel about nitrous?

Quote:
Yep... look at what a 100 shot did for my 2005 V6 Mustang! LOL!

very nice man. I've always said the easiest way to double your power level is to start low.

seriously tho, those are some bad ass torque numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
because a v6 with a twin turbo is sweet
bah. 200 progressive shot on this beast!
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #30
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
wanna know how I feel about nitrous
Spike, your opinion is always welcome.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #31
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
not a fan of nos
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #32
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
- X
he loves it

he has done big write ups on the topic lol
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrsheaven View Post
not a fan of nos
Not a fan of people calling nitrous "nos".
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #34
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
Not a fan of people calling nitrous "nos".
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #35
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
- X
opinion? lol

thank you.

this motor is begging for the juice. I love Nitrous Oxide for use in dual purpose street cars. The reasons are simple:nitrous kits are cheap,it is easy to hide,and it is easy to tune and maintain. These reasons coupled with understanding how Nitrous works,and how to use it CORRECTLY make it a great performance booster. Nitrous loves high cr and it is easily the biggest bang for the buck. ideally, the higher you go in power levels, the more fuel you will want. I do not know off hand the max capable flow of the injectors on this motor. but it wouldnt hurt to have a stand alone fuel system tied into the nitrous system (for big setups over 150hp). 50/55 shot pills are cool for little spurts, but sooner than later you will be wanting to run that 100 shot. which brings me to another point. you should upgrade to a new high performance clutch put in manual cars, autos ideally need a trans prepped for race conditions because the extra torque can and will kill clutches and other parts very quickly. You should also have a limited slip rear,because the power will certainly overpower a 'one-legger' (which is a big drawback with the V6A6).

all in all, a properly set up nitrous setup will be a mean street stalker. just be wary that we dont know this motors full capability yet. (both to the power limit and the breaking limit) I'd really like to see some dyno sheets from Zex for their kit. but for a cheap power adder, you cant beat the price of nitrous. under $1000.00 and you can add ~ 100hp/tq. cant beat that. not to mention.... doesnt the fastest SS camaro run low 11's on nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
he loves it

he has done big write ups on the topic lol
I like the juice, but I prefer to get blown. lol actually, I prefer all motor over anything
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

I called Zex today but got no answer :( I was looking for their AF's they got durring testing hehe...

I want a damn single turbo setup soooo bad.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #37
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
opinion? lol

thank you.

this motor is begging for the juice. I love Nitrous Oxide for use in dual purpose street cars. The reasons are simple:nitrous kits are cheap,it is easy to hide,and it is easy to tune and maintain. These reasons coupled with understanding how Nitrous works,and how to use it CORRECTLY make it a great performance booster. Nitrous loves high cr and it is easily the biggest bang for the buck. ideally, the higher you go in power levels, the more fuel you will want. I do not know off hand the max capable flow of the injectors on this motor. but it wouldnt hurt to have a stand alone fuel system tied into the nitrous system (for big setups over 150hp). 50/55 shot pills are cool for little spurts, but sooner than later you will be wanting to run that 100 shot. which brings me to another point. you should upgrade to a new high performance clutch put in manual cars, autos ideally need a trans prepped for race conditions because the extra torque can and will kill clutches and other parts very quickly. You should also have a limited slip rear,because the power will certainly overpower a 'one-legger' (which is a big drawback with the V6A6).

all in all, a properly set up nitrous setup will be a mean street stalker. just be wary that we dont know this motors full capability yet. (both to the power limit and the breaking limit) I'd really like to see some dyno sheets from Zex for their kit. but for a cheap power adder, you cant beat the price of nitrous. under $1000.00 and you can add ~ 100hp/tq. cant beat that. not to mention.... doesnt the fastest SS camaro run low 11's on nitrous?

I like the juice, but I prefer to get blown. lol actually, I prefer all motor over anything
same here bro
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #38
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

The A6 diff problem is easily solved w/ a phantom grip
Old 07-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #39
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 View Post
still less horsepower though if i'm not mistaken 304 + 100 is 404, the m6 has 426?
Much less weight = better performance
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #40
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Sorry for the necropost, but I figured reviving an old thread would be better than starting a new one.

I was just wondering why nobody has jumped on this yet - 700 dollars for 55 horsepower seems like a pretty good deal to me, and the original post made it seem like this kit was already available.

I'd order it if I had my car yet, but since I'm waiting till the 2011 MY, I was hoping somebody would be a guinea pig for the sake of the whole V6 community.
- X

Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #41
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Sorry for the necropost, but I figured reviving an old thread would be better than starting a new one.

I was just wondering why nobody has jumped on this yet - 700 dollars for 55 horsepower seems like a pretty good deal to me, and the original post made it seem like this kit was already available.

I'd order it if I had my car yet, but since I'm waiting till the 2011 MY, I was hoping somebody would be a guinea pig for the sake of the whole V6 community.
- X
Well... way back when... in 2005 there were no power adders for the V6 Mustang either... Zex was the first on the scene then too! I was one of the guinea pigs! The Zex kit was AWESOME! Unfortunately N20 is friggin' more addictive than crack! Started out with the minimum 75HP shot.. ran that for a while... ok... maybe we'll try the 100HP... woohoo... but after a while hmmmm... perhaps we should try the 125HP jets... Ok... WOOOHOOO!!! Ok.. just ran a 13.13... perhaps if I launch harder I can get in the 12's!!! So I went for it! Launched hard, spray came on about 2000 RPM (well below the recommended 2500)... Watch closely and you can see the car nose dive right after I launch...

Took out the #3 piston... so yeah, I'll be passing on the Zex this go around... Yes, it was my own greed and stupidity that got me in trouble... but i'm a slow learner and cannot afford a repeat... A Zex kit would result in a change in my marital status! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #42
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Took out the #3 piston... so yeah, I'll
be passing on the Zex this go around... Yes, it was my own greed and stupidity that got me in trouble... but i'm a slow learner and cannot afford a repeat... A Zex kit would result in a change in my marital status! LOL!
Understood, but if I ran nitrous I'd probably just stick with the 55 shot. Not really looking at racing too often. The nitrous would mostly be for the occasional trip to the track - I already have a feeling that the LLT (with headers, ram air intake, cat-back, and tune once they come out) will be enough for me to have lots of fun with on the street - and if I really want to surprise some V8s, that little red button will always be there...

- X