Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
Tires are stock GY at @25 psi. Tires spinn
the first 60' before I get descent traction. No smokey type burnout with the stock tires. When I change to MT drag radials I just figured i'd need to heat them up in the water box to get the most traction off the line.
I don't know how you are doing the burnout but suspect that is part of the problem. If you stand on the brakes with an auto the car may not overpower the rear brake pads. You kind of have to get the tires spinning and then ease harder into the brake to keep it from taking off or you will shut it down and eat the rear brake pads. If you are getting serious about drag racing get the line lock kit from Hurst. Push the brakes, push the button and only the front hold until you release the button... saves my racing brake pads in the rear. Problem with the line lock is it disables the traction control so you are on your own when the tree lights come on... Goodyears are going to spin in the first 60 feet unless you back out of the throttle some...they just can't do it.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote