Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #29
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
DETROIT (AP) - General Motors Co. will begin removing its "Mark of Excellence" logo from vehicles as the company places greater emphasis on its individual brands.
GM spokesman Terry Rhadigan said Tuesday the company would phase out the placement of the GM logo on its cars and trucks, leaving just the GMC, Chevrolet, Cadillac or Buick logos on the vehicles.

"We really want to elevate the prominence of our four core brands," he said. "It's really going to be an intense focus."

GM is discontinuing or selling its other four brands, Hummer, Saab, Pontiac and Saturn.

The final decision to remove the silver square logo was made earlier this month, although executives had mentioned the possibility of such a move months ago. The company found that consumers had a greater affinity for GM's individual brands than the corporate name.

"What we're seeing is the GM brand gets dinged big time in terms of considering a GM vehicle," said Mike DiGiovanni, GM's executive director of global market and industry analysis, during a monthly sales conference call in April. "But when you look at Chevrolet, Cadillac and our other brands, they haven't changed."

Rhadigan said removing the logo—which is generally placed on the lower section of the door panel—from some models will be more difficult than on others. On vehicles where a specific indentation is made in the sheet metal for the logo, phasing it out will take longer. On models such as the Camero or Equinox, removal is easier, and will begin immediately, Rhadigan said.

Taking the logos off the vehicle will save GM a "nominal" amount of money, Rhadigan said.
Camaro is spelt wrong...

Please tell me it wasn't spelt that way in the actual press release...
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
noticed that too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Camaro is spelt wrong...

Please tell me it wasn't spelt that way in the actual press release...
- X

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #31
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Waaayyyyyy back in the day....

The GM chicklets used to be known as the "GM Mark of Excellence".

(Just a tidbit for what its worth.)

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #32
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
Hi guys I'm wanting to remove the GM emblems and I wanted your opinions on the best way to do it. I was thinking of using a hairdryer, some goo gone and a plastic spatula but I don't know if this is the best approach. Thanks for any advice on the matter!
BUY A FORD

sorry I couldnt resist
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 AM   #33
cars4827
I want to go Fast!

Drives: Victory Red 2SS RS
I just got my 2010 Camaro 3 days ago. I was looking for the GM badges today, and noticed there were none. Guess mine was made late 2010 after they decided to stop putting them on. I kind of like the badges - They were on my 2009 Sierra, and I liked them. Glad I found this thread because I was about to call my dealer and see why my car did not have them.
cars4827 is offline   Reply With Quote