Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #29
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
All I can say is my 2016 V6 is the best car purchase I've ever made.

There's a history of superior cars flying under the radar into obscurity but I think word of mouth and a little ADVERTISING from Chevy should move sales upward.

And don't get me started on the American tradition of blindly buying anything with pony stamped on the grille...
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #30
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Not bad numbers. I've seen a handful of 6th gens on the road including a convertible.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #31
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Same old problems:
MSRP is too high
Quality complaints are piling up and being ignored by GM (HVAC, paint, panel installs)
Incentives aren't as strong as you've conditioned your customers to
Chevrolet will never be "the new upgrade", accept it and move on
You don't advertise your priciest vehicles? Dafuq?

Same old fixes:
Give the damn car its' own national TV campaign. Try pre-movie theatre commercials if you're cheap. Magazines are DEAD.
Drop the "new upgrade" upmarket bullcrap and get humble with "Chevy is for you" marketing and pricing to relate back to the people that used to buy your vehicles.
Get rid of the f'ups on the assembly line. These errors are unforgivable on a vehicle that costs more than the median US salary.

You have 5 months of inventory sitting on lots getting stale. Are you planning on all your labor dropping dead but still needing to have cars to sell one day?
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #32
Gen5oRdIE

Drives: Red Gen 5 Camaro SS 1LE
I think the car is beautiful and cool with how it currently is but Idk maybe Chevy should be really considering a emergency refresh for the more casual buyers.
Gen5oRdIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #33
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5oRdIE View Post
I think the car is beautiful and cool with how it currently is but Idk maybe Chevy should be really considering a emergency refresh for the more casual buyers.
This, with a 2k price drop across the board.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Same old problems:
MSRP is too high
Quality complaints are piling up and being ignored by GM (HVAC, paint, panel installs)
Incentives aren't as strong as you've conditioned your customers to
Chevrolet will never be "the new upgrade", accept it and move on
You don't advertise your priciest vehicles? Dafuq?

Same old fixes:
Give the damn car its' own national TV campaign. Try pre-movie theatre commercials if you're cheap. Magazines are DEAD.
Drop the "new upgrade" upmarket bullcrap and get humble with "Chevy is for you" marketing and pricing to relate back to the people that used to buy your vehicles.
Get rid of the f'ups on the assembly line. These errors are unforgivable on a vehicle that costs more than the median US salary.

You have 5 months of inventory sitting on lots getting stale. Are you planning on all your labor dropping dead but still needing to have cars to sell one day?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:06 PM   #35
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Does anyone besides myself find it odd that this site doesn't get the frequent Cameo appearances from the Big dogs of the Camaro world (like right after a new variant is released) like they use to when sales were high and many (not just enthusiasts) were raving about the last Gen Camaro. They were on here often basking and soaking up the praises. It speaks volumes when you can't stand it when it starts to rain; every day isn't sunny. I bet a few others beside myself would like to hear some of their points of views but I'm sure they will give a "canned" statement or two and aren't able to speak honestly about the negative aspects of the new Camaro. They would often come on here talking about how much they wanted to beat the Mustang in all areas and yes that it's always about competition. Where are they now? I watched the Woodward Dream Cruise footage by Chevy it paled in comparison to the show Dodge put on for the Challenger/Charger with their 10 year old chassis and people still salivate over the car. What gives Team Chevy? Don't hide when things aren't going well, play both sides of that coin hard.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #36
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Any guess on how many pages this thread will go?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #37
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
Does anyone besides myself find it odd that this site doesn't get the frequent Cameo appearances from the Big dogs of the Camaro world (like right after a new variant is released) like they use to when sales were high and many (not just enthusiasts) were raving about the last Gen Camaro. They were on here often basking and soaking up the praises. It speaks volumes when you can't stand it when it starts to rain; every day isn't sunny. I bet a few others beside myself would like to hear some of their points of views but I'm sure they will give a "canned" statement or two and aren't able to speak honestly about the negative aspects of the new Camaro. They would often come on here talking about how much they wanted to beat the Mustang in all areas and yes that it's always about competition. Where are they now? I watched the Woodward Dream Cruise footage by Chevy it paled in comparison to the show Dodge put on for the Challenger/Charger with their 10 year old chassis and people still salivate over the car. What gives Team Chevy? Don't hide when things aren't going well, play both sides of that coin hard.
What Big Dogs? Or who Big Dogs?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #38
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
What Big Dogs? Or who Big Dogs?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 PM   #39
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
IMHO, people like changes, and even tho the 16 Camaro is all new, too many, it hasn't changed. So those with the gen5 are not trading in for a gen6. The mustang changed a lot, and it also looks the part. Today we live in a world of out with the old, in with the new. And to many, the Camaro doesn't feel that way. Only to performance oriented people will know the difference.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #40
JTChief82

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS/ 2015 Silverado
With Football season quickly approaching, I think it would be a perfect opportunity for a simple ad campaign to try to boost interest to a very broad demographic. Online ads and promos just ain't cutting it, and these cars deserve so much more attention than GM is giving them.
JTChief82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #41
Vectors2Final

Drives: 17' Camaro 2SS 16' Jeep GC SRT
I beg to differ... I feel that the Mustang brings the same old shit, while the Camaro is moving forward from "retro" and becoming more modern. It's faster, it's lighter, and I feel that the quality is great.

I think it boils down to your last sentence, and maybe car people in general. I can tell that the Gen6 is very different in a lot of ways.
Vectors2Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #42
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
This, with a 2k price drop across the board.
They could always just reintroduce a lower cost LS trim. And maybe a non-RS SS. Yes, I know the take rate in gen 5 for those trims was low, but it may be all that need to pull in more people/sales to the sales floor.