Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #29
nichoLaS9

Drives: '96 Grand 'Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by electlatino View Post
i have a question though: i actually read that article a couple of weeks ago, and the camaro had better times and more power and torque than the mustang, except, when it came to these weird tests: 30-60 in top gear, rolling start to some speed or other. anyone know what these tests prove or why someone would make these tests?

seems to me the important ones are: horsepower, torque, 0-60, 0-100, 0-60-0, and 0-100-0.

oh, and i think these mustangs look better than the previous models, but regardless, i'm a camaro fan!
typically these tests are done to get a good representation of real world driving conditions, such as passing on the highway, etc. A car may be able to hook up good from a dead start and provide quick 0-60 times, but since the majority of time driving is spent while the car is already moving and not drag racing b/n redlights, these test provides an indication of how well (quickly) the engine is able to rev, issues with gear/ drive ratios, etc. These are speeds you would typically see of a car exiting a turn for example, and illustrate how efficiently it can put down all of those ponies and go

Its funny tho, cause I noticed that too a few weeks back. I cant think of when they've put that in their comparisons before.
hope that helps a little
-Nick

Last edited by nichoLaS9; 03-17-2010 at 03:04 PM.
nichoLaS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #30
nichoLaS9

Drives: '96 Grand 'Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by electlatino View Post
excuse me, but what forum do you think you're on?

just kidding, i agree, they do look awesome!! but aside from your obvious biased opinions towards mustangs, that camaro of yours is beautiful!! great color scheme!!!
lol, i said it MIGHT look better IMO. I'm a chevy fan till I die, but I still have to appreciate mechanical beauty (sorry i had to say it, lol I know i'm digging a deeper hole here) the GT stangs are just too plain, Roush or not. believe me , u will never see a mustang in my driveway.

p.s. i wish it was my car .. some day

Last edited by nichoLaS9; 03-17-2010 at 03:27 PM.
nichoLaS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #31
jordan 572

Drives: none
[QUOTE=GMRULZ;1599754]They need the driver mod for those cars...Lol..

I ran 12.2 w/ just headers, CAI & a tune on stock pirelli`s...Same as the Lingenfelter...

They should have let me drive it...[/QUOTE
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #32
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichoLaS9 View Post
the camaro looks hungry next to the stang.. IMHO the only mustang that MIGHT (dont kill me here) look better, at least from the front, are the gt500 supersnakes and gt500 KR. They're simply scary to see in your rearview mirror and even scarier to drive.
That might be true, but how many Camaro drivers really ever get a chance to see a SuperSnake or KR in their rearvuew mirror? Not many, I would guess.

As for the times, I like how people are throwing out the times their cars have put down on a prepped racetrack to times these cars put down on a cold and damp everyday asphalt. Take either of these cars to a track and I can almost guarantee you they will both be well into the 11's, with the LPE a little deeper.

No comments on the real-world handling manners of these two cars? Especially since one uses that ancient solid axle setup and the other a cutting-edge IRS? No? Hmmm....
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #33
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
HUGE props to Marc for the killer photography!!
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #34
81z28355

Drives: 81 Z28
Send a message via AIM to 81z28355
Quote:
the camaro looks hungry next to the stang.. IMHO the only mustang that MIGHT (dont kill me here) look better, at least from the front, are the gt500 supersnakes and gt500 KR. They're simply scary to see in your rearview mirror and even scarier to drive.

gotta agree with u guys though, i expected better times though
In some of the pics it looks like it has been eating very well compared to the Mustang.

Camaro is lower but a lot longer and wider looking.

I prefer the looks of a basic GT to what they did to the car in the pictures, the Camaro looks very nice.
81z28355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #35
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
ahh this makes me extremely excited to put an edlebrock on my car
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #36
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:

gotta agree with u guys though, i expected better times though

That's the first Shelby I've ever seen without stripes. Looks much nicer/classier in my opinion. I'm in the minority I suspect, but I think that stripes look rice not nice. That's why you don't see Porsches/Lamborghinis/Ferraris/Audis/Aston Martin/Maseratis/BMWs (need I go on?) with stripes.

What are we, 21?

Last edited by sen10l; 03-17-2010 at 04:49 PM.
sen10l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #37
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
First kudos to the Camaro. However there are two problems with that Stang #1 is they used a Roush blower from what I understand they are a joke if they had used a KB blower it could have done that with less bosst. #2 is unless they changed the tranny in the GT from the 5speed to a 6 the Camaro also has the upper hand at higher speed's.

Last edited by meanmike; 03-17-2010 at 04:26 PM.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #38
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
That's the first Shelby I've ever seen without stripes. Looks much nicer/classier in my opinion. I'm in the minority I suspect, but I think that stripes look rice not nice. That's why you don't see Porsches/Lamborghinis/Ferraris/Audis/Aston Martin/Maseratis/BMWs (need I go on?) with stripes.

What are we, 21?
First Shelby without stripes? That's a Roush in case you didn't realize. And I think it's ugly as sh*t.

A Shelby wouldn't be a Shelby without it's stripes.
SamSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #39
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
First Shelby without stripes? That's a Roush in case you didn't realize. And I think it's ugly as sh*t.

A Shelby wouldn't be a Shelby without it's stripes.
I think he was refrerencing the picture of the alloy SuperSnake, not the blue Roush featured in the article.

On an unrelated note, looking at the two vehicle side-by-side like that, you can really tell what a hoss the Camaro is. I don't think I should ever hear any Gen5 owner remark about how much of a "fat pig" the GT500's are. They may have similar weights, but the Camaro looks the part compared to the Mustang.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #40
bpmurr
The Enemy ;)

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Send a message via AIM to bpmurr
It was a nice read. I wouldn't mind owning either car. The LPE Camaro is looking mighty temping as a second car for me. I'm just pissed they said the GT500 was slower then a Roush Stage 3. Until someone runs a stock Roush 11.98 on street tires then the GT500 is faster. Plus the Shelby has a better motor for big power. Even with the engine upgrades the Roush is going to top out in the high 500's to the rear wheels. I will admit the Roush most likely handles better because of the weight difference and tuning.
2015 GT PP
2014 GT500 SVTPP/Track Pack
2013 Boss 302
2011 GT500 SVTPP
2010 GT500
2005 GT
bpmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #41
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Yes when I clicked the quote button for the super snake post, the picture never came up in the quote. The super snake front looks super hot. However I don't like the fact that it doesn't have big hips like all super cars MUST have.

But the Super Snake clearly looks Super Sexy WITHOUT the stripes. I wouldn't dream of putting stripes on a Ferrari California, and I would NEVER put stripes on my Camaro, it just looks.. you know.. *plays air banjo with front teeth sticking out*.

My standard for muscle car aesthetic excellence is the Mad Max Interceptor - the meanest muscle car in film history. Incidentally, only the lesser pursuit cars had hockey stripes on the sides, but the Interceptor did not - like a real car shouldn't. (IMO).

Excuse me, but can you imagine stripes on this?:

Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #42
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
These threads are killing me!!! I had Lingenfelter do the 570 package at the beginning of the winter, and have had it stored in my garage ever since. The snow has melted, but the roads around here are still covered in sand and salt. It's really hard to not call the insurance company right now to take it for a spin.
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote