Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #449
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Savini has got over on A LOT of people, especially in this forum. Their product is sub-standard, their customer service is worse and they really could are less about the customer once they get your money....as the thread title states.....Savini Wheels...BEWARE.

Really sad when you think about it though...they could have sold a ton more wheels if they had simply done the right thing on these sets of wheels....But after reading this thread about how Savini does people, People would be CRAZY to buy them, ABSOLUTELY Crazy.

While I am sure that PQ and myself will eventually end up having to get more wheels..the thought of having to buy another set of wheels is not appealing to me.....Stock ones definitely look real good now..LOL
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #450
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
While I am sure that PQ and myself will eventually end up having to get more wheels..the thought of having to buy another set of wheels is not appealing to me.....Stock ones definitely look real good now..LOL
There are a ton of great wheels/mfg'ers out there. I have CCW's and no probs. Forgeline's and TSW's have great feedback as well. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #451
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I agree. GM did a good job. I'm not a fan of the offsets but they are a nice looking wheel. The tires are so damn expensive though. When I got rid of mine the only stock replacement sizes were almost 1900.00 just for the tires. And the closest tires that would fit were not much cheaper but wouldnt' be a matching set.

Not sure if they've come down now, but it's why I initialy swapped.

I wish I had them back now though.
I think they really look sharp, that's why I'm buying an all black set after I purchased a polished/black set. Besides, I never read of any quality issues with them, so I felt "safe" going factory after reading this nightmare thread.

You can find a staggered set for less than $2,000...so basically you're getting the rims (or tires) for free.
Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #452
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I guess I'll try my hand at getting serious about selling mine as well.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #453
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
I guess I'll try my hand at getting serious about selling mine as well.
I wish you luck.

I can tell you from my own experience that much of the pain of your wheels will go away when you start driving on a new set that you are happy with.

I can recommend the Forgeline Performance Series wheels. They are light weight, not outrageously expensive, and the finish isn't fragile! (Oh and they don't shake!) (PS: it turned out by coincidence that I picked the same Forgeline wheel that speedster got for the SST!)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #454
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I wish you luck.

I can tell you from my own experience that much of the pain of your wheels will go away when you start driving on a new set that you are happy with.

I can recommend the Forgeline Performance Series wheels. They are light weight, not outrageously expensive, and the finish isn't fragile! (Oh and they don't shake!) (PS: it turned out by coincidence that I picked the same Forgeline wheel that speedster got for the SST!)
I'd love to do that. But I am going to get something cheaper. Lighter than stock but heavier than yours. 3k wheels and tires.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #455
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
You can always go for a 22" monoblock like mine. Lighter than stock 20, and "prettier" so it fits your expectations.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #456
PQ
Booooosted.

TTT
Old 09-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #457
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
I'd love to do that. But I am going to get something cheaper. Lighter than stock but heavier than yours. 3k wheels and tires.
Contact Bismark at USW Wheels, he has a special set on SALE ,,,,,
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #458
RayJay

Drives: Your Wife's Benz ;)
So I'm here to say, my (what could've been) nightmare is over! My credit card company has successfully done a charge back on my wheels! Although bitter sweet, because those wheels are literally the only wheels I wanted! I felt my vendor might of been ready to screw me, so I had to pull the trigger.

For those of you who have emails and documents stating your dissatisfaction, I urge you to do the same! Credit card companies seemingly have the power to do what the vendor, or Savini should (but won't), and return your money!
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #459
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Contact Bismark at USW Wheels, he has a special set on SALE ,,,,,
When I buy my DR wheels I was going to call him. Was supposed to a long time ago but can't do it til I get new streeters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
So I'm here to say, my (what could've been) nightmare is over! My credit card company has successfully done a charge back on my wheels! Although bitter sweet, because those wheels are literally the only wheels I wanted! I felt my vendor might of been ready to screw me, so I had to pull the trigger.

For those of you who have emails and documents stating your dissatisfaction, I urge you to do the same! Credit card companies seemingly have the power to do what the vendor, or Savini should (but won't), and return your money!
WAY to late for me. If I could have got it from Savini I would have. Got no problem with my vendor.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #460
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJay View Post

Good for you! Was your story in here somewhere, did I miss it?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #461
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I bought my Savini wheels from Nine Ball and he asked for a money order/cashier's check when I bought them. No credit card to fall back on.

I honestly never considered that such expensive wheels would have any of these problems. I have never bought after-market wheels before. This truly was a learning experience and I lost a ton of money on it. Even selling them on ebay was a problem due to the finish being damaged during shipping. That's a story in itself which I've mostly told here.

At least I now have my Forgeline wheels which are great.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #462
RayJay

Drives: Your Wife's Benz ;)
RECAP: For those that missed out on the initial story....

I bought wheels back in February, and when I got them the paint was awful! It looked like dirt was under the paint, there were drips everywhere, and the back of the wheels outer ring was scratched like they slid them across the floor. Keep in mind I paid EXTRA for the new style, which included powdercoat for increased durability. Also, where they connect the center, to the outer ring, was beat to Shit! Like they used power sockets and gave no-mind to ruining the paint. I feel that they deemed it acceptable, because it was the back of the wheel, that nobody will ever see?! Maybe?! Idk, but it wasn't acceptable considering the paint on these wheels was $1260 alone!

So I get with my Vendor, and he is SUPER accommodating! Pays for shipping etc... I tell him to allow Savini to take their time, as much time as they needed actually, bc I want the wheels *PERFECT*.... He too, is slightly anti-savini at this point, bc apparently they've cost him more money than he has actually profited. So I trust him, he obviously has my best interest in mind.

A little over a Month passes , and I finally get my wheels back... I open the very first box, and the wheels looked worse than when I sent them! This time even the visible front side had damage. I'm talking like chips deep-enough to see bare metal. So I write my vendor, and tell him that it is beyond unacceptable! The only thing they actually did, was fix the centers (attachment to outer ring) on TWO wheels! I had the worst pain in my stomach! Especially since all of these threads were popping up about people being shafted!

So I email the vendor, tell him I want my money back for the paint, and to just send me back the raw wheel... untouched, no primer, bare metal. He agrees, sends me shipping stickers etc... I emailed to ask how my refund would work, and he asks if I can paint the wheels myself, amd just send him the invoice and he will pay. I declined, bc NO ONE is gonna charge me that much to professionally paint wheels, and I would've been screwed out of money.

He then agrees to take them back, and deal with Savini. I again ask about the refund before officially sending the wheels back, and he doesn't return my email. I wait until the weekend passes, and send out another email... "???" Is literally all I sent. His response was "well, that's the thing, I need to see the wheels, and I'll refund you the parts that are unacceptable, because I refuse to refund you money for perfectly powdercoated outers!"

At this point I am fuming! Not only did he already "ok" me on the refund for paint, but this vendor is someone I have vouched for, and held in the upper-echelons of human, not just vendor! I would honorably call him a friend even! I have heard of him siding on behalf of Savini, but honestly chalked it up to that single encounter. But now to learn he wants to partially re-neg on my wheels, based on his discretion of "passable?!" I was offended!

My first instinct was verbal retaliation... but I opted for a quick phone call to mastercard instead....1 month later, letter in the mail stating my monies had been re-credited. So I'm Stoked to say the least!

It sucks I lost a great vendor/connection, bc if he had just done what he initially said, I would've bought MANY other wheels through him. Just not Savini! It also sucks, bc I never even mounted the wheels, i never had a chance! I'm beating myself up, thinking I could've had my dream wheel that doesn't wobble... And just had them professionally painted myself. Now I have no wheels, lost a friend and vendor, and still have an average looking Camaro. But I have my money back! *Self high-five*!

So, in conclusion, that novel you just read was actually a summary.... Don't buy Savini!.... Unless you live in California, and can hound them in person JK! Avoid at all cost!
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote