Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #463
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
GT - NC will be a good game. Lots of good matchups this weekend.
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #464
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Michigan could be 4-0

You dun jinxed us now....

Damn you if we lose....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #465
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I hadn't realized it. Guess I suck as an all around college football guy.
Only a Michigan fan would know our suck job team started the last 2 seasons 4-0 and 5-0 before the wheels fell off. I love what Brady Hoke is doing and his recruiting has been fantastic. We're about to snag 2 more top recruits and another from OSU. Go Blue!

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #466
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
I'm not going to take anything away from Michigan im glad to see them doing well again its good for the big10. I will say even though Brady Hoke has them beleiving in themselves there QB is a BIG part of them winning.

If a Team will put a LB on him and play man and force him to use just his arm alone and never once let him use his legs games would be more tight .
OSU did this with Vince Young as AJ Hawk keyed him the whole game in 05 ( only school to ever stop him running ) they forced him to beat them with his arm and thanks to two Wr's and a TE he was able to do so.

I think this years OSU/MICHIGAN Game will be a close one which is what the big10 wants and needs right now for ratings. In recent years that rivalry has slipped in Tv ratings ( espn said last weekend ) due to the domminance.
I think we will see more 3 point and 1 Td winning scores just like the old days before Tressel.

That Rivalry will get good again
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #467
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I'm not going to take anything away from Michigan im glad to see them doing well again its good for the big10. I will say even though Brady Hoke has them beleiving in themselves there QB is a BIG part of them winning.

If a Team will put a LB on him and play man and force him to use just his arm alone and never once let him use his legs games would be more tight .
OSU did this with Vince Young as AJ Hawk keyed him the whole game in 05 ( only school to ever stop him running ) they forced him to beat them with his arm and thanks to two Wr's and a TE he was able to do so.

I think this years OSU/MICHIGAN Game will be a close one which is what the big10 wants and needs right now for ratings. In recent years that rivalry has slipped in Tv ratings ( espn said last weekend ) due to the domminance.
I think we will see more 3 point and 1 Td winning scores just like the old days before Tressel.

That Rivalry will get good again
A LB spy will never stop a healthy Denard. They'll have to either totally dominate the line of scrimmage or stack the line and shoot gaps all game.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #468
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
I will say even though Brady Hoke has them beleiving in themselves there QB is a BIG part of them winning.

As much as it hurts me to say.... I agree

We are waaaaaaay to one dimensional right now. The running game needs to develop and Denard needs to be able to complete passes.. CONSISTENTLY!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #469
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
Only a Michigan fan would know our suck job team started the last 2 seasons 4-0 and 5-0 before the wheels fell off. I love what Brady Hoke is doing and his recruiting has been fantastic. We're about to snag 2 more top recruits and another from OSU. Go Blue!

BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #470
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

We are waaaaaaay to one dimensional right now. The running game needs to develop and Denard needs to be able to complete passes.. CONSISTENTLY!
All true. We need more size and some back ups.(thin in spots)
This will take a few years.
This week will be a tough game.
GO BLUE!
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #471
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
I will say even though Brady Hoke has them beleiving in themselves there QB is a BIG part of them winning.

True....but just see what a QB can do...i.e.....Vince Young....Cam Newton.....The right one can lead you to the promise land.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #472
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
We will learn a lot about THIS Michigan team this weekend, but regardless of the outcome, we are on the right track I am confident.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #473
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Bama has a couple of tests the next few weeks...First is Arkansas at home then Florida away.........Will definitely know more about them after these two weeks.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #474
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

You dun jinxed us now....

Damn you if we lose....

Just dont' forget to post the fight song. It's worked well so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
It seems they have a bright near future. College football needs teams like Michigan to get good again. I'm tired of seeing 5 great teams and 10 middle teams. I'd like to see ten great teams and 15 middle teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Bama has a couple of tests the next few weeks...First is Arkansas at home then Florida away.........Will definitely know more about them after these two weeks.
Agreed but I don't know why Arkansas is getting the credit they have. They have played 3 pattsies so far. I think we know much more about Alabama than we do Arkansas. If Bama kills Arkansas people will say Arkansas was way over-rated. If Bama wins a tight game people will say Arkansas is a good team. If Arkansas beats Bama in a tight one people will say Arkansas is awesome. (no need to add the what if Arkansas kills Bama )

I think they are more under the microscope than Alabama. Everyone already knows that Bama is one of the top teams.

Alabama 27 Arkansas 10

Edit: Yes, I know they're averaging 47 points per game but that was against Missouri State, New Mexico, and Troy and all at home. And they only scored 38 against Troy.

Last edited by PQ; 09-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #475
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ;3791627
Alabama [B
27[/B] Arkansas 10

Ill take that all day long and twice this Saturday......
Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #476
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

You know im not taking anything from Denard the guy is a HOSS and he gets the momentum going and takes his team on his back and wins.

I'm not sure OSU right now has a AJ hawk or Bobby carpenter back there maybe that will help our Michigan however there game plan was to key VY in whatever he did.
Amazing you can be a linebacker and have 1 duties dont let him Run from east to west or north and south.
Pretty simple when you are a ball hawk licking your chops at one thing STOP HIM RUNNING.
that puts the other guys on the team to man up and watch the pass.

In 2005 TEXAS most important man on the field was David Thomas our TE everyone locked up on our Wr's and Rb the TE was a ghost as he would block go down to the ground LITERALLY ( on purpose ) come back up behind the linebackers waiting for the ball.

Worked every game. Soon or later someone would jump on that TE across the middle and the Wr's was lagging himself waiting. Then everyone manned up on a WR or TE and VY would take off I think we all know what that usually ended up like.

Denard can do it as I am almost positive he is better passer than Vince was Cant say he was a better runner but he passes better so if he can stay in the pocket more and hit the slants , post and Etc the running game will open up.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote