Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 04-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #463
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb040 View Post
on their face book page it looked like they had 2 camaros show up for todays poker run...it would be nice to have more then 4 of us show up for this
There will be more. I will talk with some that aren't on c5 and see if they want to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
I'm going to be at the poker run! Getting my car back from the shop next week and already have some parts waiting for her lol
Cool what brand headers?

Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #464
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Demon View Post
Cool what brand headers?
Texas Speed... Read a bunch of good reviews so figured they were worth a shot. I'll use the money I saved to go towards some cams.
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #465
Ice Demon

Quote:
Texas Speed... Read a bunch of good reviews so figured they were worth a shot. I'll use the money I saved to go towards some cams.
Texas Speed headers are good. I have kooks on mine and love them. You going to have it tuned?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #466
Ice Demon

Midnight Madness is this Friday at Memphis International Raceway. I'll be there anyone else going.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #467
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Quote:
Texas Speed headers are good. I have kooks on mine and love them. You going to have it tuned?
Yeah, I'm just not positive who I'm gonna have tune it. One of my friends just had his trailblazer ss tuned through a guy and I wasn't too impressed with what the guy did honestly. I'll try to get his name. I have also heard dynospeed is more geared towards mustangs but they'll do ls engines too... Makes me skeptical to use them.

Any recommendations? I don't mind driving a little ways to get a decent tune.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #468
Ice Demon

Dynospeed does the tuning on my car. They are no doubt the best in the area. Josh at dynospeed knows his stuff on the LS engines. His ctsv is one bad car. Do you have a Ls3 or L99?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #469
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Quote:
Dynospeed does the tuning on my car. They are no doubt the best in the area. Josh at dynospeed knows his stuff on the LS engines. His ctsv is one bad car. Do you have a Ls3 or L99?
Yes, I have the LS3. I may go ahead and try them out if you would recommend them and consider them to be pretty reasonable for both price and performance.

To be honest with just headers, cutouts, and cai, I mainly just want to get rid of the inevitable CEL from the O2 sensors not being in any cats and make sure everything is flowing right, nothing major (and get rid of that damn skip shift). From there I plan on cams and underdrive pulley later this summer so that's when I really want to go ahead and get a legitimate dyno tune done.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #470
LIV4MUDDIN

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Yes, I have the LS3. I may go ahead and try them out if you would recommend them and consider them to be pretty reasonable for both price and performance.

To be honest with just headers, cutouts, and cai, I mainly just want to get rid of the inevitable CEL from the O2 sensors not being in any cats and make sure everything is flowing right, nothing major (and get rid of that damn skip shift). From there I plan on cams and underdrive pulley later this summer so that's when I really want to go ahead and get a legitimate dyno tune done.
I used Dynospeed for my tune also. Very noticeable difference. Used them after talking to Ice demon. Josh will take care of ya
LIV4MUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #471
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4MUDDIN View Post
I used Dynospeed for my tune also. Very noticeable difference. Used them after talking to Ice demon. Josh will take care of ya

Dynospeed is the only shop that you can trust in the area. Outside of that you have to rely on your own skills or a mail order tune. I myself will probably go the route of a JRE tune since I don't completely trust Josh sometimes.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #472
Xorak

Drives: ...
i wouldn't use dynospeed... the owners are douchebags. josh is ok, but he's out for the dollar, not to take care of your car. their only experience tuning has been with that shop since it's been opened. all on the job training. not enough quality experience in my book.
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #473
PremierJosh

Drives: 02 Camaro LSX 417 - 8.87@154
I'm Josh, one of the owners of Dynospeed Racing, and while I don't get on here as much as I'd like, a customer sent this to me and I want to reply.

Just over two years ago, I merged my shop, Premier Autosports, with Dynospeed Racing. While my business partner loves Ford through and through, l'm a LSX guy to my core. I've actually started pushing for him to build a LSX swapped Fox body and after Hunter, one of our counter guys, swapped Fox (ls2 w/ 80mm turbo) ran a 9.9 last Thursday on only 6.8psi, I think I'm finally getting through to him. As some of you know Premier was 90% LSX and fab work. What most people don't know is that we actually did a good bit of Dynospeed's fab work which worked out well for us as we were always needing to use their dyno for tuning.

The merger has been fantastic as we have moved into a new shop with enough space to hold 42 cars and brought together a great group of guys under one roof. I have been tuning for 15 years and solely tuning LSX along with fast stand-alones since 2004. Between my Tuner/Technician Forrest and I, we have tuned over 6000 LSX powered vehicles.

About 30% of our work is going behind someone else's "handy work". It's pretty sad some of the stuff we see that someone paid good money for. My take on that is that after 2008, when the economy took a turn, a lot of shops that didn't know how to work on late model cars told customers they could do anything since money was so tight. This in my opinion caused a lot of customers to get burned which I absolutely hate. I'm lucky enough to have a job where I get to make cars go faster everyday, but I respect how hard my customers have to work to afford that luxury.

For anyone on the fence about Dynospeed, I invite you to stop by the shop and I or Hunter will give you the tour; there is normally something pretty cool being worked on.
PS -

If the weather is good, we will be at TNT this Thursday at Memphis International Raceway for some finishing touches on a few CTS-Vs before we head to Bowling Green this weekend for a TBSS/CTS-V shootout. I'm shooting for 10.3 in mine and 9.7 in another black sedan. Although we will still be gone for it, Friday night is the rescheduled midnight madness from the rained out event last Friday. There has been a lot of work in trying to arrange a "street night" for the Saturdays after bracket racing. There can be no times and we'll just do heads up racing, along with being allowed to prep our own lane which I'm very excited about. If you can, and weather permitting, you should go run this Friday night 9-1 and enter the street class/race. The turnout on Friday night will gauge whether or not this becomes a regular thing.
PremierJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #474
Ice Demon

Hey Josh its good to see you on the forum talking about dynospeed and your background with cars. Usually those that talk bad about dynospeed have never had dynospeed do any work on there car. They only go on what others have said . I have taken several of my cars to dynospeed and they have done great work on them all.

A street night after bracket racing would be awesome also being able to prep our own lanes will be great. If it happens I will definitely be there.

Last edited by Ice Demon; 05-01-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #475
PremierJosh

Drives: 02 Camaro LSX 417 - 8.87@154
Well two rained out mid night madness's in a row. There is a cars and coffee poker run the last sat in may that's final stop if at the track with racing for a few hours. FYI cars and coffee is next to the Firestone in Germantown and the poker run will start there.
PremierJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #476
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Yea it sucks. A few of us plan on being there at the poker run. I see the Midnight Madness for this month is starting a an hour earlier too as well as is on the 24th instead of the 31st.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote