Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
Where did you see the online order/reference guide? Please post link. It will be a very helpful tool when proving to Sirius the length of service.
Quote:
WRONG! It specifically states "service subscription sold seperately after 12 months". Also, read page 10 on this link. printbook.pdf
Quote:
Perfect! Thanks.
My link is the same as hairtrigger posted but a different place. Basically what I understand from it is the subsription is extended after the trial period which you have to notify XM.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #44
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
:bangdesk: lol
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
paperhunter2000

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Just purchased a ZL1 in October 2013. Received a letter from SiriusXM last week indicating my subscription will soon be expiring. Called them back and said I paid for twelve, 2013 ZL1 window sticker says "subscription sold separately by SiriusXM after 12 MTHS". They said sorry you only have 3 months, call your dealer. I called the dealer and explained, they are looking into it.
There is obviously a clear communication issue between GM and SiriusXM regarding satellite subscription durations.
paperhunter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #46
SXM_Help

Drives: N/A
Hi everyone-

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your trial subscription. Send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be more than happy to assist you in any way that we can.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
SXM_Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #47
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I picked up my 2013 ZL1 Vert on 8-27-12,and it'sXM radio just stopped working in the last week or two.

Have I called the dealer yet? nope.
Do I really care that I did not get the full12 months? Nope.
Would I have extended the subscription past the 12 month trial period? Nope.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Brandon, can you reply with what you find out? All of us with ZL1s are going to have the same situation if we're turned off early. The reason I'm suggesting this is that there probably is confusion somewhere because different Camaro models have different subscription lengths. I think the 1LT, for example, has a 3 month subscription. Mine was cut off like Pam's after 3 months and if you call Sirius they only know what their computer screen tells them, which is 3 months.
DangerZL1, each case is handled on a case by case basis so it is hard to say that every person has the same issue. If you would like to provide the details requested, I will be more than happy to look into this.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #49
mcalcote

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I had this same problem... Called XM they said to talk to my dealer. My dealer did nothing at first, Then I got GM customer service involed, and the Service manager from the dealership called me, and within a day it was back on. This is the short version.... It took a while to get it turned back on! Good luck to all of you having this problem
mcalcote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
DangerZL1, each case is handled on a case by case basis so it is hard to say that every person has the same issue. If you would like to provide the details requested, I will be more than happy to look into this.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
PM sent.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #51
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Just to keep everyone up on this I have PM'd both Chevy customer service and XM customer service. I hope they can work this out so we don't have to do this each individually. I believe since it states it on the window sticker and in the equipment option sheet that this is a factory incentive and not dealer. I sent them the equipment guide for reference. I am hoping the two customer services can work this out by chevrolet providing XM a list of cars that should have the 12 month and they can fix it.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #52
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Just got my letter today from Sirius XM. It said the trial expired Sat. Dec.1st. Just sent the dealer an email instead of calling. I like things in black and white. Now the waiting game from them.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #53
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Just to keep everyone up on this I have PM'd both Chevy customer service and XM customer service. I hope they can work this out so we don't have to do this each individually. I believe since it states it on the window sticker and in the equipment option sheet that this is a factory incentive and not dealer. I sent them the equipment guide for reference. I am hoping the two customer services can work this out by chevrolet providing XM a list of cars that should have the 12 month and they can fix it.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #54
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Add me to the list. My window sticker indicates 12 months free, but they cut off the subscription right at 3 months.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #55
skoal bandit

Drives: 2012 ZL1 1991 Syclone 2011 Silverad
After many calls to xm customer service I finally got my 12 months free,but it was a pain.
Also be sure to check your dates that are on your account,mine has 2 different end of sub. dates, seems xm has to renew it every 3 months causing me to get a re-up letter yet my sub end date is in Oct.2013
Bought the car in June so you can see it took about 4 months before they got it right.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #56
paperhunter2000

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Update. I'm glad to see representatives from SiriusXM are monitoring this thread. After sending an email to SiriusXM at sxm_help@siriusxm.com yesterday afternoon the matter was quickly resolved this morning. Steve was very courteous and professional, great customer service. I'm now have my 12 months..
paperhunter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote