Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #43
kurt_ots

Drives: 2010 2LT CGM RS
Same problem here on my CGM, in the exact same spot. I had to wait 3 months to get my car and I already have to give it up for 2 days for them to re-paint the bumper!
kurt_ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #44
TXISKING

Drives: '13 ZL1 725 rwhp / 700 ft lb tq
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
I saw a used one on the lot with that problem today. Is this what it looks like or is it even worse? I can understand a new owner wanting it to be perfect but I almost think I'd just live with this problem. Maybe it's just my personality not caring about a few little things that make no difference.

Mine looks like this on both sides. Headed to dealer Today.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
cruisingcamaro

Drives: 2010 CGM SS2 RS- black stripes
Hey SS4PK- don't let them mess up that beautiful car with some bogus touch up paint! So far, I have no issues with the paint peeling. I have a rock chip in my windshield! Boo hoo!
cruisingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #46
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
I picked my car up Thursday of last week 9-3-2009 and it already has this same paint issue. It looks like they are tightening the bolt to tight in this area causing the body panels to push to hard against each other causing the paint to peel up a bit. To much torque when bolting them together will cause this. Specially when one panel is made of urethane and one is steel. Mine is just like the photos shown here and in the exact same place. If you notice, the paint is peeling on the urethane panel, not the steel one.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #47
Bmblb 2

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Paint problems.

I am also having the same issue with my new Camaro. The paint is flaking off in several different areas. Doors, bumper, etc. I am currently working with the dealership to see if they fix it....we will see how it goes.
Bmblb 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #48
Srl

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro Coupe 2SS
Paint Problems

I love my Camaro. But, it has started flaking off paint on the hood, mirrors, etc. They are very small flakes so far, but there are probably 8-10 of them showing now. I bought the car in September 2009. The dealership has initially said it should be under warranty and to bring it in and let the service people take a look. So, I'm hopeful they will do the right thing but will have to wait and see.

GM did such a great job on this car. I get compliments all the time and sincerely like the car. But, I find it hard to believe that after producing millions of cars, they don't know how to paint one properly.
Srl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #49
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srl View Post
I love my Camaro. But, it has started flaking off paint on the hood, mirrors, etc. They are very small flakes so far, but there are probably 8-10 of them showing now. ... I find it hard to believe that after producing millions of cars, they don't know how to paint one properly.
I find it hard to believe too! Can you take some pictures of them? Are they just spontaneous flaking of paint or when you say flakes are you talking about stone-chips on the leading edges of the front of the hood and mirrors? Post some pictures and let us know what they said!

Although I hope I don't start something like this! http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm...m&File_Id=5136
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #50
Turismo

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM, 02 Subaru WRX
Any news on this, i just recieved my car 2-3 weeks ago and i have the exact same issue. Drivers side only on mine, but almost identical paint tear/chip as below.

Turismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #51
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
UPDATE!!!

Ok. I just got off the phone with GM Customer Service. The first step that all of you have to do is contact your dealer (that you got the car from) to make the case known. Then contact GM customer care to open a trouble ticket. The paint is covered under warranty and if a defect is the cause then it will get repaired. I informed the Customer Service rep. that i have these bubbles and paint issues in spots where i would have to be standing and tossing rocks, to get the marks. He understood. I told him that several of my fellow owners are having the same issue, he stated that this is a reoccurring issue that they are taking on a case by case basis. I will be heading to my dealership tomorrow to make them aware and he said he will follow up with my dealer and call me on Thursday. So for all of you go to your dealer first, then open a ticket with GM, and begin the process of getting the issue resolved. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #52
BICHN CAMARO

Drives: without a license: ss 6m
This may have been triggered by rubbing but there is definitely and adhesion problem. My guess is if you take 2" 3m automotive tape and place a piece over the peeling area, press dow hard and then rip it off it will take some paint with it. The rear cover needs to be removed and the edge of the peeling area sanded back into the paint. If it will featheredge back then it may just be the edges are effected. If not, then the whole cover has an issue. Any good auto painter can handle this. GM should pick up the tab. They will with mine god forbid it happens.
BICHN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #53
Johneieio

Drives: Equinox and Vibe
Paint

Folks -- Please eMail me if your concerns are not addressed. I work in the Customer Care and Aftersales team and we want all of our customers to be satisfied with their dealer experience. The key is to get the case number when you call customer service -- that's the way we can track everything and follow-up with you in a timely manner. And, it's a way we can provide direct feedback to the paint team to correct any issues that may be detected.

Thanks for being such enthusiastic customers!

--John M. McDonald
GM Communications
Customer Care and Aftersales
Grand Blanc, MI
john.m.mcdonald@gm.com
Johneieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #54
zuluzero6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67/10 RS/SS View Post
We have the same problem. Victory red, it started on one side and has now moved to the other. Dealer is reviewing it and talking to GM. They are suspecting an alignment issue and not necessarily a paint/prep problem. All the flaking is down in the joint between the bumper and quarter and all flaking is on the bumper (plastic). The bottom line, the bumper won't rust, and they will have to fix it as long as we own the car now that it is documented. Lemon? nah..just an inconvenience.
What is there to review? There are close to 1000 posts on this board alone that reference the same issue. I took mine back in for another item back in October (front bowtie glue was coming off - another "common" problem) and MY DEALER knew about the paint chipping from the fender being to tight and pointed it out to me (even though I looked for it that week and could not find it - my car is black).
Any dealer who tells you they need to "review" it is wasting your time and should not be selling these cars. I haven't even had mine fixed yet because the dealer told me to drive it for awhile to see if it gets worse (it is the size of a match head). It hasn't and I am probably going to do what others have recommended and just hit it with touch up.
zuluzero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #55
zuluzero6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Do a search

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Let me get this straight. 30,000 Camaros so far and only two pages of problems on this thread? I, for one, have found NOTHING wrong with mine. No pinging, clicking, peeling, poking, protruding, or popping.

Not dismissing anyone who has found flaws, but let's keep this in perspective.

:troll:
That is just this thread....there are 37 others (as of today) with this same issue. Do the math cuz each one has at least ten complaints, some have 30 (may be doubles). Either way, this is an issue and GM knows it.

zuluzero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #56
BICHN CAMARO

Drives: without a license: ss 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjpgh View Post
K, I got mine back last wk from my dealers body shop. They repainted both sides of the bumper but again it's peeling off. I have to take it back on the 27th to be redone again. After the 3rd attempt I beleive it's considered a lemon. I hate to say it but if it's not fixed this time I'm getting my money back. I love my car but GM is dropping the ball on QC w this car, one issue after another and they keep trying a quick fix to remedy it. I paid cash for my car and waited like the rest of u so long for the car to come out. But when I could have bought whatever I wanted and opted for this I never expected so many issues. I'm trying to be patient but GM needs to fix these issues at the plant and if not have a better gameplan for QC!
Bobby, The fact that the repaint did not work is not the cars fault. The shop doing the work did not use the correct process. Plastic requires different materials and prep to get a good result. We use Standox paint ( German) at our shop and if the process is done correctly I can make paint stick to any plastic. Find out what brand paint the shop uses and get back to me. I can advise from there if you want.
BICHN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote