Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #43
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
without a doubt the best atmosphere I've seen at at Gillette in sometime now, lots of Ravens fans representing.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #44
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]

Sorry had to! Had to deal with you posting all season! Was pulling for ravens though!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #45
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
If anyone believed prior to yesterdays game that Joe Flacco would outperform Tom Brady, they did not have the guts to say it publicy. Flacco threw for more yards (306 to 239), more touchdowns (2 to 0), less interceptions (1 to 2), notched the same completion percentage (61) and turned in a better quarterback rating (95.4 to 57.5) than Brady. But I can't blame Flacco. He didn’t lose the AFC Championship Game. Billy Cundiff did. Or maybe it was Lee Evans. Take your pick. All I know is that Flacco did not. Maybe he underthrew a wide-open Torrey Smith and never saw Vonta Leach wide open but I measure quarterbacks by how they operate under pressure, and there was no more pressure on Flacco than on the Ravens’ last drive … and he responded by pushing them 65 yards in under two minutes to put them in perfect position to tie or win the ballgame. No matter how you read the stats, he outperformed Brady hands down.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #46
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Well Flacco had improved but he did play the 31st ranked defense in the league and Brady did go up against the ravens defense! Brady did score the game winning td! Flacco did force it in on 3rd and one instead of running a yard for the first!

He did throw a strike to evans! And he got to relaxed! It's all irrelevant!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #47
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Brady looked flat as hell! Nothing going on and too worried about getting bruised up, I guess
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #48
IrocJack

I was really watching to see if Suggs could get in there on Brady.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #49
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
let's not get carried away here with the Flacco/Brady comparison thing
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #50
IrocJack

Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #51
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Yeah Flacco did good. The Ravens def held their own and should have won.

As for my Niners.... Ugh. Our Defense didn't let us down in the least. They did phenominal. If it wasn't for the D, the Giants would have walked all over us. Unfortunately the 2010 Alex Smith showed up to play. He made two good passing plays and maybe deserves credit for a couple of his run plays, but that is it. 0-9 for third down conversions in the NFC championship game? Seriously Alex? As for Williams #10.... he needs to be handed his walking papers. Duh, I'm gonna stick my knee out on a punt return because the ball hit the ground and let the ball hit my leg. It's freaking footbal you jacknut, not soccer. Then he went and fumbled the football. GD idiot.

Giants deserved that win because of the Niners mistakes.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #52
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Flacco played well, but his performance shows the weakness in the Patriots' secondary. The Ravens' defense was great as expected even though Brady was able to move the ball on them at times. You can go back and forth arguing who should have won, but the bottom line is the Patriots won the game.

The Niners need a better QB and a return man...Great defense. if Jim can improve the offense side. Watch out for the Niners !!!

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #53
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Well, I am a big Giants fan and really was wanted Baltimore to win yesterday. At least then I would have had a reason to like both teams..... I am a University of DE alumni so if the Ravens won I could be happy for Flacco. I really can't stand the Patriots, they are in the same class as the Cowboys and the Eagles.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #54
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
If anyone believed prior to yesterdays game that Joe Flacco would outperform Tom Brady, they did not have the guts to say it publicy. Flacco threw for more yards (306 to 239), more touchdowns (2 to 0), less interceptions (1 to 2), notched the same completion percentage (61) and turned in a better quarterback rating (95.4 to 57.5) than Brady. But I can't blame Flacco. He didn’t lose the AFC Championship Game. Billy Cundiff did. Or maybe it was Lee Evans. Take your pick. All I know is that Flacco did not. Maybe he underthrew a wide-open Torrey Smith and never saw Vonta Leach wide open but I measure quarterbacks by how they operate under pressure, and there was no more pressure on Flacco than on the Ravens’ last drive … and he responded by pushing them 65 yards in under two minutes to put them in perfect position to tie or win the ballgame. No matter how you read the stats, he outperformed Brady hands down.
he did. hell even brady admitted it...but to miss a chip shot...come on? and lee evans...where was boldin when you need him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
RetroXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #55
IrocJack

Next year...
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #56
IrocJack

It just breaks our hearts though we didn't win that game. Had it in the bag and dropped it. But it was a very good yr., and we all hope most of the guys will be back again next yr. Well, now time for Nascar !!

Tags
brady who, ravens own the pats