Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #43
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
11K isnt time for a tire change unless someone spun them a lot, I think people are getting around 30k out of the p zeros if they are really nice to them average in the low to mid 20s though I think...?
Sounds about right, im at 20k on mine(idk how much the previous owner had on them though) and I have been extremely hard on them. ~50 passes down the strip, countless burnouts and a lot of "spirited" driving.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #44
rjacobs

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Yeah time for new 300 dollar tires instead, ah the cost of ownership...

A lot of people ditch those summer p zeros about that time

No the rears are fine. I am sure I will get quite a bit more out of them.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #45
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
Sounds about right, im at 20k on mine(idk how much the previous owner had on them though) and I have been extremely hard on them. ~50 passes down the strip, countless burnouts and a lot of "spirited" driving.
Hey if you got the 1200 to replace them than enjoy
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #46
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.....headers/tune and then some suspension stuff. Only thing I would throw in the mix there is to do the 3.91 GM gears.

Do a search on Ted Jannetty (JRE) tune. He uses SCT mail order and has done tons of 5th Gens.

MGW is an awesome shifter. I had the Hurst aftermarket shifter in my car for about 2 weeks. Then went with MGW which has been in my car for over 2 yrs now. Love my MGW!

Look in to upgrading to the FE4 suspension when you go that route. Save up for coilovers/cradle bushings/rearend bushings/radius rod bushings. I like Pedders but everyone has their preference so start researching.

I also found two rear wheels and added 20x9 on all 4 corners. I did it mostly so I could rotate but they help with handling as well. I only got about 11k out of my tires but that's because I wasn't nice to them. Once I found out how to turn off all the nannie controls it made for some really fun burn outs. Then of course I had to show my wife, then my dad, then my brother, then my best friend, and his friends, etc.......rears don't last long like that but it sure is fun. Not including about 5 Auto-X events and 10+ trips to the drag strip.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote