Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #43
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
After looking at some of the pics of your build, I question whether Rx customers are being deceived on the effectiveness of its catch can. Mine never really seems to catch anything. I installed a filter after the can and it caught oil. You also cannot take it apart. Who knows what is or isn't in there. Any third party reviews of its effectiveness available? Hard to put your faith in a product from a company when you see threads like this.
I'd like to see some third-party statistics myself. I can see the need for a tracked or FI car, but I fail to understand why anyone would buy these for an everyday street driver. For the cost of these cans, you can perform numerous cleanings to keep the valves and intake clean.

I've never been sold on them.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #44
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I'd like to see some third-party statistics myself. I can see the need for a tracked or FI car, but I fail to understand why anyone would buy these for an everyday street driver. For the cost of these cans, you can perform numerous cleanings to keep the valves and intake clean.

I've never been sold on them.
To clarify, I am directing my statement to one can in particular and not catch cans as a whole. I think the latter topic has been discussed in depth on this forum.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #45
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by inf3rno View Post
I want to see tracy explanation here
Well... when Mr. Lewis was questioned in a Cadillac forum on why such a long delay for a catch can when the website said "in Stock", he eventually posted:

"I would make an open offer for anyone that really want to see what my average day is like to visit the facility and follow all I do. I start at 7 AM, and usually don't leave until 9-11pm or later. I take no lunch, eat while trying to check the forums and just the forums alone are a full time position (new marketing Mgr starts fist week of July and will be doing just that so these things DONT drop through the cracks). I may not visit here for 1 plus weeks at a time, mainly due to the sales/profit made is less each month than the fee to be a supporting vendor and the hostility is most often unchecked so not a lot of motivation.

I am nearing 60 years old, and not many 1/2 my age work these hours trying to do it all. I am human, can only do so much. I make mistakes, but acknowledge them and fix them.

I am just reading this post now.....so your post had nothing to do with the refund hitting then, we were here late last night going over all refunds due for cores or cancelations and all were processed between 6 -7:30 pm.

Finding help that has any work ethic is near impossible, and even harder to find ones that have any sense of pride and wanting to see quality in their work. Most that come to apply just want to show up when they please, goof off, and even though I can train them and they do well under constant supervision, when left to production they don't care what something looks like when packaged and then WE find out later.

Random, you have waged a campaign to do as much financial harm as possible....and over what? If you make a mistake, screw up....what happens, Does someone slam you in every public forum they can trying to get you fired (or if a business owner, drove out of business?) Come and visit, see what I do each day.

An example.

Last Friday, customer flying in to pick up his twin turbo V6. Flight arrives at 8:15pm. I com in at 7am, and we find an exhaust leak at 6pm. I go to pick him up at Tampa airport (30-45min drive), flight is delayed....I wait until 10 pm when it does arrive, bring him and wife back to shop and show what were doing, bring them to a hotel and check them in, stay up till 11:30 (2 employees stayed til 10 w/out being begged....they are the valued ones we would love to clone). Get up and in at 7 again, finish fixing leak (gasket on flange to turbo...had to take pass side off to get to), finish, test drive, and then pick them up and go over build, send them on their way. Work til 6PM (only 11 hour day). Get up and go back in 5AM Sunday (Fathers day) to try and catch up on back orders doing assy myself...and deal with people working for competitors in every forum trying to cause more drama.

So. Random, let me know what you do, where you work, and see if you would enjoy the same treatment. I am human, but do the best I can and to be as evil wanting to do harm for a simple inconvenience....and REAL harm, do you take pleasure out of trying to destroy someone? (yes, you cost app $1200 in canceled orders and a ton of grief) Have you no ethics? a heart or human soul?

Try for just a minute and put yourself in my shoes....try and follow what I actually do in an average day.

I am not a big company, have had zero funding or financial backing, have yet to take a paycheck as I put every dime back into purchasing more raw materials to try and do a better job of meeting the growing demand.

I have turned down new dealer applications for the past 8-10 months as we cannot add to the delays (we can only make app 100 per week, current orders run 100-300 per week) and just a rough conservative estimate that is app $1 mil in sales....that's crazy! We never thought our products (all made here, in the US and most inhouse ourselves) would have become this in demand.....as we do no marketing and are only on a few forums. Do no sales calls, just from people reading magazine articles, etc. How many would work years with no paycheck? Put every dime back into the business to increase the ability to produce more. How many would work 7 days a week like this...(it has been over 4 years since I have had even a few day vacation). Now Random, why would you spend this much time to try and destroy a small family's small business at this stage of my life?"

Full thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ttle-body.html
Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #46
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
For non FI cars I cannot find anyone or any reason to have a check valve on the can. There is no check valve in the original setup. With the oil residue that goes through the valve it is likely to fail. On the FI cars it all depends on your vacuum setup if any check valves are needed. The RX can does have a really good filtration system. But most problem have been either connection issues or valve issues. The Saikou Michi cans have the same filtration and will provide quality check valves externally if needed. You can't go wrong with the elite either but it does only have one stage filtration.
I didn't understand the reason for the check valves either. Without the check valve if you install the can improperly it shouldn't blow out the rear main seal. There is also no chance a valve will stick and cause issues. Anyone know the explanation for the check valves?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #47
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Subscribed for future reference.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #48
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Just at the posting on the Cadillac Forum

I'm glad to see the truth is finally coming out on RX - hopefully this will save future people where others have not been so lucky
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #49
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
So in that post on the Cadillac forum I'm assuming the V6 Camaro he is referring to is the very same Camaro that is now at FSP - and he actually states he sent the customer on his way with his car - yet MORE lies!

Butters, if I were you I would sign up to that Cadillac forum and let them know what really happened!
I actually have no idea what car he is talking about. Mine is a single and was the only one in the shop getting a turbo. The only person that came to mind was Cisco but his car was picked up over year ago.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #50
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
I actually have no idea what car he is talking about. Mine is a single and was the only one in the shop getting a turbo. The only person that came to mind was Cisco but his car was picked up over year ago.
Well, it sounds like it's half your story about flying in but changed slightly to represent the Cadillac Market....

Who knows

I've changed my original post now anyway, I read the thread and it's pitiful - it's the usual sob story about not being able to keep up with demand or get good employees that has been posted everywhere else...seems he spends more time posting on forums defending his bad business practices rather than actually trying to do the right thing and run an ethical business in the first place.

Hopefully the Camaro5 members have now finally seen the light in the same way the local FL market did a while ago
Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #51
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Man, I really hope that GBrilliantQ does not get bit again. After his debacle with HPs, I'd sell my camaro and buy a Prius.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #52
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Man, I really hope that GBrilliantQ does not get bit again. After his debacle with HPs, I'd sell my camaro and buy a Prius.
funny thing.... IIRC, GBrilliantQ's nightmare problems with HPS had to do with Chris (aka HPS) pointing all his F-ups at his outside vendors or suppliers. he (as in Chris) would say how this person let him down and how that person let him down. this was the reason(s) why Chris was never at fault. instead it was everyone elses' fault.... (you know how that goes.)

now we have the main subject of this thread in question. how he's so busy doing this and how he can't get nothing done because he can't find any reliable help because of blah, blah, blah..... well, you know the old song, "Cry me a river......."

maybe some people aren't cut out to run a business and some people are. in any case, I think I would hire someone who knows how to run a business and who knows how to PROMPTLY return emails and phone calls so customers do not get ignored. instead, he hangs out on this forum (and obviously others as well) and continues to act the way he does in turn getting suspended in multiple occassions.

it's obvious I feel zero sympathy for RX mainly because of the way I was treated with my catch can order. Tracy can say what he wants but in the end him and I know the truth. whether he can ever man up and tell the truth is up to him. I really believe in what comes around goes around. I think some very, very bad weather is in RX's present and near future.

Good Lord, just look at this section of the forum alone. there are three threads on the main page all about horrible experiences with RX. what the heck does that say???
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders. That's the way it was with HPS.Chris was taking money from one guy to finish another's. By the time I figured out I was Peter it was to late. In the end someone will be losing a lot of money if this keeps going cause they will be the last Peter!

Last edited by JLE58; 07-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #54
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders.
BINGO!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #55
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
When shops run this far behind and start doing crappy work they are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. If your 10 weeks behind on making a can but are still taking orders it's because you have to have the money from the orders. That's the way it was with HPS.Chris was taking money from one guy to finish another's. By the time I figured out I was Peter and it was to late. In the end someone will be losing a lot of money if this keeps going cause they will be the last Peter!
Well said.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #56
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I'd get a volt over that vagmobile.

From my Note

Closed Thread