Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #43
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Pretty sure this is a VTC reaction thread for a V6. Go back to your own topics V8er's.

Anyway OP glad to see you like your purchase of the VTC been thinking about getting one for myself come spring time. How much of a difference does it make in the bottom end power range?
Glad you like your car OP...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #44
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
When it comes to MPG, there is a sweet spot setting. I found mine to be setting 3. Any higher or lower and my MPG drop some.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

sixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #45
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonn View Post
Sold my VTC when I traded in my 2014 V6 for a 2015 2SS. Got tired of spending money on mods trying to make it sound and respond like something it ain't. Figured it would be better to just get a V8 and man WOW no need for a VTC on this car.

I left mine hooked up when I went into the dealer. really unless something breaks that has something to do with throttle control you won't have to worry
The V8 is even better with the VTC ! Now I want to put two in series cuz I'm getting used to it. JOKING>>>
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #46
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
That's a cool spot Sanjay. Im still looking for a good spot to mount mine. Id be afraid if I had it there my leg would be changing the settings at random. I like where ghosted has his also but I recently put gauges there. Curious as to where the op installed his controller.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #47
Venomous

Yeah ive thought about that spot as well but the wire is on the wrong side for that and don't really like the look. I don't mean to thread jack but what plaque do you have there?
Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #48
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
Thanks Ghosted...
I love my V6
Didn't even look at a V8 for several reasons..
One of which was budget. I knew what I had in my budget for the car and this black LT was it.
I also like the 27+ mpg I get with the cruise set around 79mph.
Maybe i'll upgrade to a V8 on my next one, but for someone who hasn't had a nice car in a couple decades, I'm happy.
Love your thread! I test drove both, decided I could do everything (that was legal) I needed to do with my V6 6 speed. It's sounds awesome, and at Atlanta Motor Speedway, before the ZL1 came out, the Corvette guys were asking if mine was a ZL1. Poor guys. Anyway, mine is eye candy with a good sound, and I can drive it at least 125 on the track, and faster now that I know I have to be in 5th to get it faster, lol

Enjoy and mod away.....................

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #49
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Pretty sure this is a VTC reaction thread for a V6. Go back to your own topics V8er's.

Anyway OP glad to see you like your purchase of the VTC been thinking about getting one for myself come spring time. How much of a difference does it make in the bottom end power range?
Well it is in the general forum. Besides it gets a lot more attention here. Some good some not so good.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #50
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamp21 View Post
I'll put my ole l99 up against any stock ls3 6 speed
I would too!! If you can't hookup perfect and make 5 perfect shifts with the M6 the L99 with the A6 rules. Our 5th Gen Camaro Club went to the 1/8 mile Drag Strip and the Automatics were the ticket. 26 hp more the LS3 has was not noticeable.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #51
Venomous

I dig that emblem Sanjay!!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #52
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
My Airaid CAI alone, made my LLT V6 come to life. People ask me what I got in there when they hear it.
Totally happy, never tried the controller but have to research it.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #53
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
No need for the vtc ? You should try a SS with the VTC,you'll fall in Love with it. I installed mine last summer and so far I drive on the 6 setting.My wife took the Camaro to the store,came back and said "what the He'l did you do to that car now" which is just what I wanted to hear! Try it you'll like it.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #54
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
And his is only an L99 with 400 hp, not the ls3 with 426 :P
THIS IS GENIUS!!! Dude hating is a clown
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #55
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
I like the VTC. Doesn't do anything but make the pedal more sensitive, or less sensitive, but I dig it. I prefer the way it feels now over stock. It doesn't make the car faster or anything like that, just more fuel in less time. I used to run it on SP7, but after my 3.91s I'm down to SP4-5. Had it for about a year now with no issues.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #56
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
I like the VTC. Doesn't do anything but make the pedal more sensitive, or less sensitive, but I dig it. I prefer the way it feels now over stock. It doesn't make the car faster or anything like that, just more fuel in less time. I used to run it on SP7, but after my 3.91s I'm down to SP4-5. Had it for about a year now with no issues.
Im gettinger 391s in the spring and was looking at adding the vtc after....did you get alot of uncontrollable wheel spin with the 391s ....and if so did the vtc make it worse.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote