Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #43
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
the bullitt is 30k... verse... 42k....????

The bullitt would be so much more fun to drive than the SRT. i would much rather have the bullitt. More fun, better looking, and just an all around cooler car. plus i could take that 12 GRAND id save and put it into engine upgrades.
I want to see you find a bulls$%t for less than 40k.

The challenger destroys it in looks and in power. You can say the challenger is in a class of its own and 400+hp and 400+ tq is far superior to this 300 hp wannabe bullit. Just like the shelby gt500 it disgraces its name. Just another bad ford product and another mustang special to make money off of.

IMO of course
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
you would rather have a 4 door disgrace to the name charger.

ugh I just don't get some people. If you can't see the lines, then I understand why you are buying the 2010 saturn sky coupe..........OH CRAP my bad that's the camaro.
I don't recall ever saying I was buying a Camaro... I said I would like to have one... But I like my Little Sky very much and have much more fun driving it than you will ever know driving your elephant of a 2 door coupe Charger oops I mean Challenger....
Old 08-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #45
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I don't recall ever saying I was buying a Camaro... I said I would like to have one... But I like my Little Sky very much and have much more fun driving it than you will ever know driving your elephant of a 2 door coupe Charger oops I mean Challenger....
WOW lol I just realized you drive a saturn. I swear to you I didnt know. Ill do my research next time. I actually was going to buy a saturn sky redline until they announce the challenger. I am a big v8 guy anyway.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #46
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
no it wouldnt if it actually looked good. To me they tried too hard to make it look like the vette and failed at it. the front of the camaro is nice though.
They were not trying to make it look like a Vette.. Geesh how long are you going to say these stupid things, at least Chevy came up with a new modern design instead of trying to copy a 40 year old failure... of which the challenger will join it in a few years? How long was the first Challenger made? uh like 4 or 5 years, how long was the Camaro made? 1967-2002? can you count???
Old 08-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #47
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
I want to see you find a bulls$%t for less than 40k.

The challenger destroys it in looks and in power. You can say the challenger is in a class of its own and 400+hp and 400+ tq is far superior to this 300 hp wannabe bullit. Just like the shelby gt500 it disgraces its name. Just another bad ford product and another mustang special to make money off of.

IMO of course

i test drove one that was marked at 32....???

dont you know how much this car costs??

The chally doesnt come close in looks...

and the GT500 rapes the SRT performance.

The GT500 matches the SRT's bloated price tag but rapes it in performance... your
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 PM   #48
kevin2323

Quote:
i test drove one that was marked at 32....???

dont you know how much this car costs??

The chally doesnt come close in looks...

and the GT500 rapes the SRT performance.

The GT500 matches the SRT's bloated price tag but rapes it in performance... your
There you go going off point again...

I said the shelby and bullitt are disgraces to the name. The shelby is a SC cobra and they paid shelby to put the name on it. They needed to supercharger to beat us. And the bullitt has a fancy paintjob and wheels big deal it is a disgrace to its heritage. OH btw the gt500 will spank your SS for the same price youll see.

And I know the price of the bullit I was talking about what they were going for at dealers but since you "test drove one" at 32 k it is still overpriced.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #49
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
They were not trying to make it look like a Vette.. Geesh how long are you going to say these stupid things, at least Chevy came up with a new modern design instead of trying to copy a 40 year old failure... of which the challenger will join it in a few years? How long was the first Challenger made? uh like 4 or 5 years, how long was the Camaro made? 1967-2002? can you count???
which one is worth more now? yea that is right.... MOPAR was and is the most popular the reason why it died was because it refused to bow down to the gas prices of the 70s. But your vettes and maros did.

Can you count?

Oh btw failure, failure is making a tiny saturn looking car with fugly vette lights in the back IMO. New and modern? I dont call taking cues from the old generations and making them terrible "new and modern". It is not STUPID ,it is called an OPINION. D o you understand that or do I have to repeat it to you again geez, so hostile.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #50
Congoman775

Quote:
There you go going off point again...

I said the shelby and bullitt are disgraces to the name. The shelby is a SC cobra and they paid shelby to put the name on it. They needed to supercharger to beat us. And the bullitt has a fancy paintjob and wheels big deal it is a disgrace to its heritage. OH btw the gt500 will spank your SS for the same price youll see.

And I know the price of the bullit I was talking about what they were going for at dealers but since you "test drove one" at 32 k it is still overpriced.
a. im not off point you brought up the GT500.

b. The bullitt has more than a fancy paint job and wheels, it has a new sportier suspension, engine upgrades, and a custom interior.

c. supercharger or not, they beat you.

d. The GT500 will not spank the SS for its price... it barely even beats the SS, for over 10k less...??? do you think before you type??

The GT500 does 0-60 in 4.5 .1 faster than the SS, for over 10k over the SS's price. Woooo.... be jealous...

e. the bullitt IS over priced, but its not nearly as bad as the chally, and only a mental person would pay in the 40's for one.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #51
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Lol I could argue you all day but lets agree to disagree.

but to correct you:

the zeta is not new it has been used on other models.
the challenger used lx , an existing platform to save money and save the company. And it looks like gm did the same.
check the market GM is going down faster than chrysler. Chrysler was the only one of the big 3 to make money last quarter. GM stock is great to invest in right now since it is in the crapper.

none of the big three are going under but the least likely to go under right now is chrysler since they actually made money last quarter.
They did not make money. They lost just like the rest of the big 3.

Here's a quote from autoblog:

"Normally the privately owned Chrysler LLC is under no obligation to reveal its financial performance to Wall Street, but yesterday the Cerberus-owned automaker was forced to show a few pages from its accounting books thanks to one of its largest stakeholders and former owner, Daimler AG. The German automaker revealed that in the last six months, its 19.9% stake in Chrysler has cost it $585 million. To clarify Daimler's numbers, Chrysler also revealed yesterday that the loss being attributed to it, all of which was incurred in Daimler's first fiscal quarter of the year, is around 65 million euro, or $103 million, using American accounting standards. Perhaps realizing that all analysts had to do was multiply Daimler's loss by five to arrive at Chrysler's total loss for the last quarter, the automaker just came right out and said it lost about $515 million. While a mere pittance to the $8.7 billion worth of red ink Ford spilled during Q2, it was enough to drag down Daimler's numbers halfway around the world"

They showed a profit before taxes and write offs and a bunch of other things that contribute to the bottom line. GM will not die in our lifeftime. Neither will Ford. Chrysler has been on life support for years now and they are well on there way to becoming an import built in America as Indian companies are looking into purchasing them as I type this.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #52
kevin2323

LOL you think the SS will be 30k keep dreaming. You are in lala land. Chevy has always been pricey and they say due to the better options we have and standard equipment blah blah blah.

also the gt500 is supercharged and beats you by alot in the quarter and light to light. But it is supercharged and in my book isn't a muscle car.

Also the bullit interior is trash and the only thing nice are the seats.

I would much rather pay for an overpriced challenger with better looks and engine than pay for that repainted 300hp trash mustang IMO.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #53
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
They did not make money. They lost just like the rest of the big 3.

Here's a quote from autoblog:

"Normally the privately owned Chrysler LLC is under no obligation to reveal its financial performance to Wall Street, but yesterday the Cerberus-owned automaker was forced to show a few pages from its accounting books thanks to one of its largest stakeholders and former owner, Daimler AG. The German automaker revealed that in the last six months, its 19.9% stake in Chrysler has cost it $585 million. To clarify Daimler's numbers, Chrysler also revealed yesterday that the loss being attributed to it, all of which was incurred in Daimler's first fiscal quarter of the year, is around 65 million euro, or $103 million, using American accounting standards. Perhaps realizing that all analysts had to do was multiply Daimler's loss by five to arrive at Chrysler's total loss for the last quarter, the automaker just came right out and said it lost about $515 million. While a mere pittance to the $8.7 billion worth of red ink Ford spilled during Q2, it was enough to drag down Daimler's numbers halfway around the world"

They showed a profit before taxes and write offs and a bunch of other things that contribute to the bottom line. GM will not die in our lifeftime. Neither will Ford. Chrysler has been on life support for years now and they are well on there way to becoming an import built in America as Indian companies are looking into purchasing them as I type this.
They made 1 billion

And there is no indian company trying to buy chrysler lol, cerberus is in for the long haul. This is journalism at its worste.

If they lost, they lost the least out of the 3 but last I heard they made 1 billion which is nothing but it is something.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #54
Congoman775

Quote:
which one is worth more now? yea that is right.... MOPAR was and is the most popular the reason why it died was because it refused to bow down to the gas prices of the 70s. But your vettes and maros did.

Can you count?

Oh btw failure, failure is making a tiny saturn looking car with fugly vette lights in the back IMO. New and modern? I dont call taking cues from the old generations and making them terrible "new and modern". It is not STUPID ,it is called an OPINION. D o you understand that or do I have to repeat it to you again geez, so hostile.
The challenger died because dodge was too stupid to make it appealing to customers....and from the looks of this new car... they are repeating the mistake.

which of them are more valuable? id pay more for an SS. better platform, better engine, better design, better interior, better weight, better car.

the old camaro's have more heritage and followers than the old mopar machines... and your opinions of "new and modern" are a small spec on the back end of what GM's plans are for this new amazing machine.

Plus the SS will Cost VERY close to 30k. making it not only the best all around muscle car, but the best valued muscle car.

Even if a loaded SS goes for 32... thats still 10 thousand dollars worth of upgrades before SRT land...
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #55
kevin2323

Quote:
The challenger died because dodge was too stupid to make it appealing to customers....and from the looks of this new car... they are repeating the mistake.

which of them are more valuable? id pay more for an SS. better platform, better engine, better design, better interior, better weight, better car.

the old camaro's have more heritage and followers than the old mopar machines... and your opinions of "new and modern" are a small spec on the back end of what GM's plans for this new amazing machine.

Plus the SS will Cost VERY close to 30k. making it not only the best all around muscle car, but the best valued muscle car.

Even if a loaded SS goes for 32... thats still 10 thousand dollars worth of upgrades before SRT land...
You forgot to say IMO mister lol
Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #56
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
No, no...They did not make any money at all...if diamler states that they lost $585 million off of their 19.9% stake in the company in the last 6 months, that means Chrysler lost 2.34 BILLION in 6 months which translates to 390 million a month or even better 13 million a day. EDIT: IMO Dodge is garbage, Chrysler is garbage, Jeep is garbage.

Last edited by Chevyrocker; 08-20-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote