Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #43
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory red ss View Post
i took mine in to get stripes and tint went to pick it up got something extra a big a$$ bolt sticking out the middle of the tread and the tp warning going off like crazy then the noservice adviser tells me that could of happend anywhere u could see the bolt head was still fresh never told me they were going to drive car off the lot to do the tint they patch/pluged it for free but still not happy what are u going to do though
That SUCKS, I hope they didn't Ferris Bueller it... I always have nightmares about that whenever I hand my keys over to someone. (thankfully it doesn't happen often, if I can help it) I used to think that part of the movie was funny... then I owned a car that people want to drive haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by navmaxlp View Post
Look at it this way, your day may have sucked but, your description of the loaner brightened mine. Thanks!
anything I can do to help haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eitek1 View Post
I work around and work on tons of machinery. I have never heard of something mechanical described as "hateful". You sir are a genius of the english language.

I can honestly say looking back that I have seen lots of hateful machinery. I just didn't know what to properly call it.
thank you, I hope it comes in handy in the future haha

Unbeknownst to me, my mother in law has submitted my original post to some sort of newspaper or opinion article or something. If it makes it to print I'll let you guys know haha. Know any good car magizines I could send it to and get famous? haha

as an update with the car... expectedly they are behind at the bodyshop. They originally said I would get the car back Monday, and as your all aware (hopefully) Monday has come and gone. They "say" I should get it this afternoon.. I'm reserving judgment.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #44
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
I just dropped my Camaro off at the dealer so they can fix a door dent that happend on the lot. They have been very courteous about it, offering to fix it at no cost, and are providing me a loaner as well. So the manager pulls it around...

it's a Purple 4-door Cavalier. An absolutely depressing and hateful piece of equipment.

He must have noticed the look of dread on my face. As he came back into the shop he put his hand on my shoulder as if consoling for the loss of a loved one... he says "Don't worry, You'll have it back as soon as humanly possible". I'm thinking, "what is humane about replacing my beautiful machinery with this conglomeration of paper towels and spit?"

This is the first time I've driven anything else since I got my Camaro. Even though this car is half the size, inside it feels like St. Peters Basillica. The roof is literally 10 miles above my head, and the windows start at my waist. It handles like a 3rd world 25cc go kart that was assembled in communist Russia with a set of patio furniture and tile grout. The warm loving embrace of the Camaro's ergonomic cockpit has been replaced by the feeling of standing in a field on a windy day in January.

Until I get my car back... I may just walk. In fact, I may walk to the dealer when they call me to pick up the Camaro. I will just inform them on which lawn they can recover their tightly coiled dog pile.
Monday can not come fast enough... I need a drink...
LMFAO
Post of the week for sure. Thank you and I'm sorry for your luck.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #45
wylde1
I am the Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Am I the only member of this forum that is desperately wanting to see a video of a certain purple loaner doing a smokey burnout or Neutral drop?

How could would THAT be?

..... I'll see what I can do if they don't give me my car back today haha
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #46
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I just dropped my Camaro off at the dealer so they can fix a door dent that happend on the lot. They have been very courteous about it, offering to fix it at no cost, and are providing me a loaner as well. So the manager pulls it around...

it's a Purple 4-door Cavalier. An absolutely depressing and hateful piece of equipment.

He must have noticed the look of dread on my face. As he came back into the shop he put his hand on my shoulder as if consoling for the loss of a loved one... he says "Don't worry, You'll have it back as soon as humanly possible". I'm thinking, "what is humane about replacing my beautiful machinery with this conglomeration of paper towels and spit?"

This is the first time I've driven anything else since I got my Camaro. Even though this car is half the size, inside it feels like St. Peters Basillica. The roof is literally 10 miles above my head, and the windows start at my waist. It handles like a 3rd world 25cc go kart that was assembled in communist Russia with a set of patio furniture and tile grout. The warm loving embrace of the Camaro's ergonomic cockpit has been replaced by the feeling of standing in a field on a windy day in January.

Until I get my car back... I may just walk. In fact, I may walk to the dealer when they call me to pick up the Camaro. I will just inform them on which lawn they can recover their tightly coiled dog pile.
Monday can not come fast enough... I need a drink...
I feel your pain! I left mine at the dealer yesterday and was awarded with a four door automatic cobalt! Feels like driving in the pope mobile all glass where everybody can see you and like riding a skateboard compared to my 2ss m6!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #47
wylde1
I am the Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblu View Post
I feel your pain! I left mine at the dealer yesterday and was awarded with a four door automatic cobalt! Feels like driving in the pope mobile all glass where everybody can see you and like riding a skateboard compared to my 2ss m6!

no kidding, I actually drove the fiance's 04 grand am yesterday, and even that was like sitting in a high chair at the end of the table in a restaurant. You know the whole time that kid is like "why he hell am I in this thing... I'm just everyones way, they're all looking at me, and I don't need to be dodging 747's between scoops of macaroni"
Old 04-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #48
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
LMFAO I had the same reaction when I had to drop my Camaro off to get a scratch re-painted and I got a Cobalt...at first I was thinking "Cobalt, ok, wanna-be sports car, I might live" and then I realized it was not the coupe but the sedan....I never wanted to cry more (at that time).
I felt like I was reaching to my knees to steer the car & I think the people on mopeds were laughing....

I was never happier to get my car back - I'll take vacation if I ever have to drop her off again or get a rental that I can chose....no more Crackbalts for me...
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #49
Skyblu

I hope that i get my car back soon but if not I'm gonna ride the harley instead, people at work asking me now if I had to sell my camaro! Oh boy, yeah and got the cobalt instead, yeah right.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #50
wylde1
I am the Stig

SUPRISE!!!!

just got off the phone with the dealer body shop and the door hasn't been sprayed yet!

it's sitting in the paint booth prepped and ready, but they havn't painted it yet and will likely do it tomorrow morning and i could pick up the car tomorrow night. which is EXACTLY almost word for word what they told me yesterday when I called them.

I'll be lucky to get the car back by thursday....
Old 04-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #51
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
At least you weren't planning on going to C5Fest, that would have really sucked.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #52
Lor5150

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
I had to bring my beautiful Black SS in for service (problem with the power in the driver seat) they gave me a MALIBU....a frickin..MALIBU!! Can you say...Grandma!??!! Ahhhhhhh...oh and it smelled like old people : (

but thank GOD I got my baby back the very same day!!! : )
Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #53
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
SUPRISE!!!!
I had a similar deal when the dealer accidently put on the plate frame on my SRX. I took it back for them to fix it, and got an 09 Caliber base model as a renta-wreck! Holy POS batman! Three of the worst days in a long time!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #54
Skyblu

I forgot to mention that they first tried giving me a easter egg purple aveo instead of the cobalt choices, choices!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #55
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
I forgot to mention that they first tried giving me a easter egg purple aveo instead of the cobalt choices, choices!
I guess at that point you really have to decide - do you want to die...or do you want to die in a clowncar??

Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #56
Skyblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I guess at that point you really have to decide - do you want to die...or do you want to die in a clowncar??

Yes, I asked if they had something in the 426hp range you know comparable to the car I left there and they laughed.By the way, Update, I called and today is day three, they said my transmission is in pieces and have ordered several parts per the trans tech and the people at GM, so I ask what is it? The service guy tells me he doesn't know, just parts but doesn't know how long they will have to wait for said parts and doesn't know when I get my car back so I will have to keep driving the shit box. When I find out what they are replacing I will let everyone know. I wish they would just put a new transmission in and be done with it.