Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #5615
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
I didn't see his comments as anything other than a jab at anyone that was not in the top of the performance food chain.
He agreed with you. The Challenger RT gives a V8 experience but the performance isn’t earthshaking. I’ve seen Martinjlm make the same observation.

You mentioned your RT is ten years old.
Quote:
2009 Dodge Challenger SE / R/T / SRT8
Challenger R/T is where it’s at, offering as it does about 90 percent of the fun with a claimed 5.5-second 0-to-60 time, a 14.0-second quarter-mile,
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/
The 2020 Honda Accord just won a 10Best due to its outstanding chassis. It can do 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 14.0 seconds. It is also available with a manual.
Quote:
This sensible family sedan is a sleeper because of how the Accord’s chassis responds when roused from a lazy commute. Alert steering and fluid handling turn every dogleg on-ramp, cloverleaf interchange, and 270-degree off-ramp into a momentary escape from the monotonous and the mundane. The precise action and satisfying weights of the steering wheel, the pedals, and the manual shifter suggest a kind of engineering harmony that you rarely find outside of sports cars.
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-honda-accord/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #5616
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
I'd take the Accord over an RT.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:02 PM   #5617
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
Sorry buddy if you want real performance all your cars are junk, get a top fuel dragster. How can you drive such slow cars!?

I daily drive my top fuel dragster, and because it's faster it's the better car because that is the only reason to drive cars as we both know.
I see you're an overnight fan of the Challenger 5.7 all of a sudden...peculiar but whatever floats your boat.
Quote:
You are Just a bit of a loud mouth but every group has one and you are it,

There is always someone with a faster car and newer and better and some like you Blaq just have to have it and go and play that game, I'm good with the RT I have and it is a performance car just not to the level that are now hitting the streets. I have raced the RT and enjoy the performance that this car offers, and is faster than many of cars that are on the road.

With your analogy everyone with a 69 Camaro SS 396 or a 70 Chevelle LS6 should be getting rid of their cars because there are new cars that can beat them in a race. How shallow are you?
LOL, calm down chief. Geez, I was trying to agree with you. Weren't you the one who just was talking about how Camaro sales suck? Haha! So when someone brings up something about your favorite car you have this reaction? Great.

Anyone buying the Challenger with the 5.7 either is not informed on how these cars perform, or they want a cheap V8 powered car, or they REALLY like the Challenger. Nobody is buying it for the performance. And those are the ones that are selling. Because they are dirt cheap and it has a V8.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #5618
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
I'd take an Evo, WRX, Mustang GT, and just about anything else over the R/T.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #5619
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

What I'm wondering is if the GT500 is a good track car or if it just did good on this particular track. The C8 put up 1.04 lateral G's to the Base GT500's 1.01 and the CF GT500's 1.05 in this test. So we know the CF version will handle well. However the ZLE has in other tests put up 1.10 and 1.18. The standard ZL1 has put up 1.07 in other tests. So would the Base really be able to take out the standard ZL1 around a track when it won't have the HP and acceleration advantage it enjoyed over the C8? And would the CF version really be able to beat the ZLE on any track with such a huge difference? To compare, the 5th Gen ZL1 pushed 0.98 LGs.

Unfortunately I do not have info on which tracks this was all at right now. But I'll try to compose more info so we can see how they all have done on the same track. Unless someone else does it for me or before I can do it that is. I don't know, on the same track it might not be that much of a difference. Or it might be the opposite where the GT500 is pulling more LGs. But it is interesting and I'll try to put it together.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #5620
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I see you're an overnight fan of the Challenger 5.7 all of a sudden...peculiar but whatever floats your boat.
Nah man, just know that it's all about performance so we all need to drive top fuel dragsters or we are not performance and have to go 180+ bro!
How is everyone driving around in 14, 13, 12, 12, 10, 9 second slow cars!?

Last edited by TreedYou; 12-26-2019 at 09:57 AM.
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #5621
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
Same here. No question about it. The Accord is a much better car

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #5622
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
Nah man, just know that it's all about performance so we all need to drive top fuel dragsters or we are not performance and have to go 180+ bro!
How is everyone driving around in 14, 13, 12, 12, 10, 9 second slow cars!?
Are you confused on what we've mainly been discussing for the past two and a half years or are you trolling me? Because somehow you've stumbled on this particular thread where we've all been discussing one aspect of these cars heavily, which is performance. If other considerations are important to you then go find those threads. But this thread is one of the hottest and most active threads here. And those of us who are mainstays are debating performance, which is the single most important feature of these cars, as we have been. And that's not gonna change.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #5623
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Same here. No question about it. The Accord is a much better car
Also more reliable, durable, better warranty, better MPGs...
Old 12-26-2019, 03:56 PM   #5624
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
The reliability of the Challenger is better than the Camaro so doesn't say much about Chevy.

The performance that the Challenger offers with the RT is more than anything a Honda can offer.
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:46 PM   #5625
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
The reliability of the Challenger is better than the Camaro so doesn't say much about Chevy.

The performance that the Challenger offers with the RT is more than anything a Honda can offer.
Lol ask any Cop or Sheriff Deputy what they think about the Charger's reliability. FCA reliability is well known regardless of what the latest biased survey says about the camaro, a survey that when you actually read into it isn't exactly what most make of it.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #5626
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:

An accord is pretty much as fast as an RT, a civi type r is clearly a superior performance vehicle.

Having said that, I'd rather have the RT over an auto accord. Better looking, the newer ones with the srt appearance package are nice, v8 rumble, and it's a nice big comfy American car. A manual accord might be more fun though.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:52 PM   #5627
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What I'm wondering is if the GT500 is a good track car or if it just did good on this particular track. The C8 put up 1.04 lateral G's to the Base GT500's 1.01 and the CF GT500's 1.05 in this test. So we know the CF version will handle well. However the ZLE has in other tests put up 1.10 and 1.18. The standard ZL1 has put up 1.07 in other tests. So would the Base really be able to take out the standard ZL1 around a track when it won't have the HP and acceleration advantage it enjoyed over the C8? And would the CF version really be able to beat the ZLE on any track with such a huge difference? To compare, the 5th Gen ZL1 pushed 0.98 LGs.

Unfortunately I do not have info on which tracks this was all at right now. But I'll try to compose more info so we can see how they all have done on the same track. Unless someone else does it for me or before I can do it that is. I don't know, on the same track it might not be that much of a difference. Or it might be the opposite where the GT500 is pulling more LGs. But it is interesting and I'll try to put it together.
I'd like to also, not to see it fail or anything like that but rather to have more data on how it compares with other performance cars.

Most non fanboys agree that the VIR full is a horsepower friendly track, c8 really couldn't win there. If the gt500 sets some respectable times on the Laguna Seca and or VIR Grand on top of the Full that'll be impressive and quite a feather on its cap.
Old 12-26-2019, 05:00 PM   #5628
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I'd like to also, not to see it fail or anything like that but rather to have more data on how it compares with other performance cars.

Most non fanboys agree that the VIR full is a horsepower friendly track, c8 really couldn't win there. If the gt500 sets some respectable times on the Laguna Seca and or VIR Grand on top of the Full that'll be impressive and quite a feather on its cap.
I hope they track it at the smaller tracks with more corners. This will really show what it brings. VIR grand is usually done for the LL article, so we are about 9 months out on that one.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote