Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #603
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Bro, just like what Tommy said below about the pump, forget that Aeromotive, too many negative things about them. Go with the ZL1 Fuel pump ($265) & the ADM Fuel Pressure Module (roughly $175) and you're good to beyond the ZL1 rated pump of 650 RWHP. That's the route I went with ID850cc Injectors and there's more than enough fuel throughout the powerband. One thing you don't skimp on is sending fuel to the engine or else you'll be fuel starved at certain RPMs. I checked the HPE 650 package, and it's basically the TVS2300 SC system and then they add bells & whistles. Have you priced it out? Because usually with stuff like that it's overpriced with all the mats, badging, headrest etc...Money that can be spent elsewhere to keep your firmly planted to the ground. So before you pull the trigger understand that it's probably a $20K upgrade if not more, and that has a lot to do with the Henny name, but it's a Maggie TVS SC which can be had for about $6K & change. Forget handheld tuners period, when you go with that power you're looking for and then add Meth, you need a tuner, a hand held will not get the most out of your car. You'll use it for clearing codes, trust me on this. I forget where you located since I can't see it from the reply screen, but I'm sure we can find you a great tuner to establish a good rep with. Kronix Kustomz does is no other way So when you're ready to pulled the trigger, let me know.
You guys are all AWESOME!!! I shall be making those changes then! And im in Kennewick, Washington bro!

Last edited by kickasswelch69; 01-25-2013 at 12:53 PM.
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #604
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Couldn't agree more Tommy with your comments on the fuel pump, it's one of the most over looked items on your car and as your HP increases sometimes you forget that you need to upgrade that & injectors, can you do it half-assed or do it right, I always choose the latter. Finding CMS, although I knew of his reputation, and driving the 85 miles to him has been the best choice I've made pertaining to the car, period. And that's why I emphasized with KickAssWelch the importance of a good tuner. Example, the Maggie is supposed to be torqued to a certain number and they found the dealership didn't do it correctly, it's little things like that, that impress me and make my confidence rise knowing I picked the right shop.
Absolutely man. People like to skimp on the most important part, and then freak out when their motor blows. It's a hard lesson to learn, but if someone goes forced induction, I always to tell them to go with reputable parts, reputable tuners, and expect to pay what's necessary to get the job done right the first time, or be prepared to pay much more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
You guys are all AWESOME!!! I shall be making those changes then! And im in Kennewick, Washington bro!
Anytime man . We're here to help in any way possible to save you potential headaches and tons of money down the road with your future automotive goals.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #605
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Quote:
It's always been my main goal in building a Camaro that stands out from the crowd, and I think that's been accomplished and I dedicated this car to my best friend of 35 years, Timmy Mitchell who passed away in his sleep on 7/26/12 at 45 years of age from High Blood Pressure & Coronary Artery Disease. Growing up I had my Chevy Z28, Iroc & Vette & he had a Screaming Eagle Trans Am, a sweet older Barracuda, and a Pontiac GTA. So we've always been car nuts & speed freaks, and I have a small urn with some of his remains that will always ride with me. I've learned that losing someone that close is extremely difficult, but he taught me to live everyday with a smile & that life is short so enjoy it. He'll always be my co-pilot

J, Thats just BADASS!!!! Props bro!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #606
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Just like Tommy said below & above, 99.99% of the people on here are always cool and willing to help, every forum has a knucklehead or two. But this forum has such a wealth of knowledge on it, use it like a training manual. We're more than happy to help in any way we can. I get at least 2-3 PMs a day asking about stuff I've done from people that have never even posted here before, and I'm always happy to help out cause I've done it and can give first hand experiences. What better way to find something out or get a good review on a product, go right to the source. That's why I love the site, Yelp because it's people reviews of everything under the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Absolutely man. People like to skimp on the most important part, and then freak out when their motor blows. It's a hard lesson to learn, but if someone goes forced induction, I always to tell them to go with reputable parts, reputable tuners, and expect to pay what's necessary to get the job done right the first time, or be prepared to pay much more later.

This is what I mean, you'll get first hand experiences and no BS...And I agree 100% with what Tommy said,, just like in Pierre's thread when he asked about suspension. I did everything under the sun & swapped it all out, so I can tell him what to expect, and why it's important to do as T said above..When you put a bunch of $$ in your car, there's certain things you don't want to go cheap on, suspension being one of them, especially when you're supercharged or have a turbo. You didn't skimp on that so why go for bargain basement parts.

Anytime man . We're here to help in any way possible to save you potential headaches and tons of money down the road with your future automotive goals.

Quote:
J, Thats just BADASS!!!! Props bro!
Losing my best friend in July was the hardest thing I ever went through in my life, it's different than say when you lose a grandparent or someone to a lengthy illness, but to get a phone call at 4:17am telling me that my bro is gone sent me on a major downward spiral, especially being out here in Cali & him back home in NJ. I'm sure if you review my thread you'd see I disappeared for a while, I didn't care about anything. I think only 3 or 4 people from here knew about it, Dizzy, Leo, Kurt and I believe Pierre. Dizz & Leo knew first because of the HT thing and we'd text each other about meets & other stuff and when I told them what happened they were both right there for me. Dizzy could relate more because he lost a good bro in the war, but they both offered their support. And I owe a lot to Kurt (ABL) because he's a man of strong faith, and believe me I certainly had no faith at that time, more like hate because why would something like that happen. But he's helped me a lot regain my faith and has made my life a little easier, there's not an hour that goes by that I don't think of my bro. His girl lost everything when he passed, even though they were only together for 3 years, they finally found true happiness and then that had to happen, so I had to be strong for her and his 2 kids, a son that's 19 & a daughter that's 21 from his first marriage. I was a wreck inside, but had to put on a suit of armor for them, and we've all kind of helped each other. When the hurricane rolled through NJ, his girlfriend really lost everything, because she lived in the bottom apartment next to my house, that's how they met BTW.....So her apartment had 4' of water in it, and my bottom floor is just garage & boat house, so since the hurricane I've been letting her stay in my house, I figure my bro would do the same for me and it's just empty for the time being, so I know my bro is looking down on me appreciating that. It'll be 6 months tomorrow and I guaranty that I'll wake up at 4:17am tomorrow morning, I have the past 5 months on the 26th. I don't know if it's my bro waking me up or what, but it's happened and I can't explain it. But like I said, he'll always ride with me and I know one day we'll be together again.

But enough of that....

When you're ready to get your car, you'll have a good wealth of knowledge and just keep on asking questions and you'll get your answers, and then you'll be able to put together a sick ride!

Speaking of sick rides, the first production C7 Stingray Vin#00001 sold on Saturday for $1.05 million to Rick Hendrick, the owner of Hendricks Racing. I'm surprised Jay Leno let him beat him out for it, but that's CRAZY $$$ just to have #00001

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/v...r-1-05-million

I'll wait till September to get mine for quite a bit less!

For my bro.....RIP Brother.....We were always waterman, surf, fish, dive anything to do with the ocean, Kamali'i O Ke Kai (Children of the sea in Hawaiian, I've had it tatted on my arm for 25 years) so there was no question where he wanted to be as well. So we took out his boat and fished one last time at a spot we used fish as kids, and whenever I enter the water, he'll be there.
Attached Images

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #607
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
John,
What a devotional! Tim would be soooo proud of his Brother, just as I am. John, this will pay big dividends in the end. And you are so right--you and him will be together again.
Keep up ALL the good work, and trust in Him!
Kurt ABL99...
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #608
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Stay strong john. You're a good man.
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #609
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
What a devotional! Tim would be soooo proud of his Brother, just as I am. John, this will pay big dividends in the end. And you are so right--you and him will be together again.
Keep up ALL the good work, and trust in Him!
Kurt ABL99...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Stay strong john. You're a good man.
Thanks guys, yesterday was a day of mixed emotions with it being the 6 month anniversary, and I hate using that word because that should mean something good. We should be getting ready to celebrate his birthday next month instead of this. But with the help of good people like you guys, each day gets a bit better, but I will never feel whole again. He was meant to enjoy my car with me, and he so looked forward to seeing it and riding in it. It made him so proud to show it off to friends back home. I know he's watching from above, but I sure wish he was right behind the wheel, cause he was the only one that I'd let drive my cars & visa versa.

But again Kurt, thank you for all you've done for me the past 6 months & RC for always being a constant supporter of my build Without supporters, it doesn't make it as fun.

I should have the car back by Tuesday at the latest, so I'll be posting some videos & pics. Really looking forward to feeling all that power, since all I hear from the guys at CMS is what a beast it's become, and it's clicking on all cylinders now!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #610
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
John,
I can hardly wait to see and hear that Beast....I am sure the guys at CMS know what they are talking about...but you, my friend are the one that will let us in on just how awesome that ride really is.....

So let's do it....I am waiting...not sure I can eat that much popcorn....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #611
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
I can hardly wait to see and hear that Beast....I am sure the guys at CMS know what they are talking about...but you, my friend are the one that will let us in on just how awesome that ride really is.....

So let's do it....I am waiting...not sure I can eat that much popcorn....

Kurt ABL99...
Brother Kurt, I'll make sure you don't fill up too much on popcorn!!! The Beast will be unleashed...Let the countdown begin...

SSYNSTR=Beast Mode
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #612
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hey buddy i just got back from Dubai and was going through your thread , i can't imagine the feelings you're goinn through for the loss of your best buddy as i never lost someone this close but like he said always smile and enjoy your life and i'm sure he's watching you proudly from above ,be strong bro and god bless his soul.
can't wait to see your car tuesday don't forget to post some vids asap as i depleted all my popcorn stock and i got nothinn to munch on .
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #613
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
John my brotha, if your friend loved the car as much as you then do you really think he's going to be upstairs just watching you have all the fun ? hell no ! hes right next to you everytime you ride the beast
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #614
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
and he's gonna be so pissed when he knows you're selling it for a C7.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #615
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
YES! Thank you bro! And J, That got me all watered up, really hit home... I know EXACTLY what you went through bro. I lost both of my parents to their drug addiction before the age of 14. Thats kind of why I wanted to do all of these mods when I get the car. My dad LOVED the F bodies. Trust me, id love to slap the ever living crap outta em right now. My dad passed when i was about 6, and my mom in october of 07. But brotha! We gotta stay strong. For their sake! They sure as hell don't like seeing us weak and broken down! RIP . You're sorely missed here brotha!

Last edited by kickasswelch69; 01-29-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #616
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
whatttttttttttttttttttt I didnt know that I thought John was planning on keeping the maro AND buying the C7

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx