Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #57
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Development? Lol, what development costs? Engine is from 2006 and brakes from 09,then Camaro body is from 2010. They were overpriced to begin with.
Could you add the engine, rotors, brakes , tires and rims for less ? Just wondering ! Maybe you might know a secret!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #58
Hecks

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Z/28
discount

Brand new Z/28 for 60K at Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge, CA. This discount is because Chevy is helping dealers sell their oldest stock. The dealers choose which of their stock to apply the discount to. Smokin deal right here.
If anyone's interested its white with ac. Call Tom Shields at Rydell if you want it.
Hecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #59
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecks View Post
Brand new Z/28 for 60K at Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge, CA. This discount is because Chevy is helping dealers sell their oldest stock. The dealers choose which of their stock to apply the discount to. Smokin deal right here.
If anyone's interested its white with ac. Call Tom Shields at Rydell if you want it.
http://www.chevynorthridge.com/Vehic...-CA/2357848833
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #60
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Development? Lol, what development costs? Engine is from 2006 and brakes from 09,then Camaro body is from 2010. They were overpriced to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Could you add the engine, rotors, brakes , tires and rims for less ? Just wondering ! Maybe you might know a secret!
He's saying that development costs for the engine, brakes, body, etc. were paid for long before the 1st 2014 Z/28 rolled off the line because all of these items were borrowed from Corvette and have long since paid for themselves. These awesome performance items were new to Camaro but not new to GM, therefore, development costs were paid for by other models.

Actually, IMO more development went into the C7 Z06 Corvette, and since it's a new product they're having to deal with new product issues that we've all read about. Even with that said, the starting price is a little over 3 grand above the Z/28.

Personally, I feel the same way also. I've always felt that the Z/28 should've been in the same price range as the upper level ZL1's at 60K.

Not a Z/28 hater by any means because its an awesome car which I really like, but yes, overpriced at 76K. Also, just in case anyone is wondering, I could afford it before the GM year end deals.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #61
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
He's saying that development costs for the engine, brakes, body, etc. were paid for long before the 1st 2014 Z/28 rolled off the line because all of these items were borrowed from Corvette and have long since paid for themselves. These awesome performance items were new to Camaro but not new to GM, therefore, development costs were paid for by other models.

Actually, IMO more development went into the C7 Z06 Corvette, and since it's a new product they're having to deal with new product issues that we've all read about. Even with that said, the starting price is a little over 3 grand above the Z/28.

Personally, I feel the same way also. I've always felt that the Z/28 should've been in the same price range as the upper level ZL1's at 60K.

Not a Z/28 hater by any means because its an awesome car which I really like, but yes, overpriced at 76K. Also, just in case anyone is wondering, I could afford it before the GM year end deals.
Alright! But I was just saying if you want it in your Camaro which the Z/28 is , You would spend more than what it took to make this Camaro!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #62
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23LT1VOM
Makes on wonder if they will offer a gen 6Z after this..
LateBrakeU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #63
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
The price of the ZL1's are falling faster than the corvette ZR1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Ca...US_Cars_Trucks

This is a great price for a new race car. The Z/28 is a blast to drive, but I think the ZL1 is a better bang for the buck.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #64
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
There were costs to bring all those parts together and make them perform. They say 190 unique parts in the Z/28 and the engineering needed to package and document for production/service. Initial talk was 500 units in 2014 and another 2500 in 2015. A lot of cost to spread over 3000 units.

Reuss made promises (below) to get the Z/28 approved and it never was Chevy's intention to have two Z cars (ZL1 and Z/28). We all love the purity of the Z/28 but how many were built and sold before blowing them out? Does this fire sale doom a gen6 Z/28 with a unique NA engine?
Quote:
Because it will be a low-volume model that appeals only to a small niche of racing enthusiasts it took a lot of work for Reuss to convince those that watch the company’s finances to approve the project.

After building a test version of the Z28 Reuss said he took GM CEO Dan Akerson on a ride at GM’s proving grounds in Milford.

“I took my boss for a ride in the car, and I said I want this car badly,” Reuss said. “He said 'you’ve got to give the board members a ride in this car,' and so we took the board members a ride in this car.”

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #65
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Yeah I know but typically the top notch vehicles are excluded from deals like this. But GM is allowing the Z/28 to be apart of the deal. They just didn't sell as many as they hoped and they noticed some on lots that haven't moved at all.
Another way to look at this is those dealers who had ginormous market adjustments added to their prices are now able to move them along at "market-correct" pricing. Those units NOT moving are what bottles up the allocation system for others.

There's a lesson in here, somewhere, for those fine folks.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #66
Adam12 ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Another one

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...7587/overview/

This one is only a few hours from me. Love my ZL1 but the look of the Z/28 is amazing.
Adam12 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #67
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
Another way to look at this is those dealers who had ginormous market adjustments added to their prices are now able to move them along at "market-correct" pricing. Those units NOT moving are what bottles up the allocation system for others.

There's a lesson in here, somewhere, for those fine folks.
There is one to be learned and it is: if you are greedy with your flag ship cars and they don't sell, daddy GM will bail you out at the end of the year.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #68
Chrispy
11.91 ET Bone stock

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
I really think they're trying to move inventory before a big sixth gen announcement. (Along with the reasons mentioned above)
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #69
blago

Drives: Camaro 2ss
Very nice. Just paid $43000 for 2 ss
Old 12-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #70
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
Courtesy Chevrolet here in San Diego has a Z for $59.6 Black with A/C. That from a dealer who is notorious for huge mark-up's. If only I could find a ZL1 with that 20% off...
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote