Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #57
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sorry if this is a re-thread.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #58
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
Dont apologize, embrace it....who cares what yahoo's on here like me think....the old thread is buried so its understandable, at least its not a Best Chevy rethread
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #59
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
dont sweat it. Gives a chance for people who missed the thread, like me, to read it.

Great story. anyone know what else came out of it?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #60
Rhyder

last I heard he was suing them for 2.3 mil.......
Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #61
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253811
Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #62
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Dang it beat me to the link :(
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #63
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Seems to me the police should have asked to see some proof of purchase before arresting him. Shame on them too.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #64
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
last I heard he was suing them for 2.3 mil.......

I hope he gets every single cent too.

I know if I had been arrested, I wouldn't be able to get a security clearance again, and my career would be ruined because of a mistake.

regardless, that much money makes a good statement. I'm almost jealous for the guy. I ALMOST wouldn't mind getting arrested for that much money... almost....
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #65
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateSS View Post
I hope he gets every single cent too.

I know if I had been arrested, I wouldn't be able to get a security clearance again, and my career would be ruined because of a mistake.

regardless, that much money makes a good statement. I'm almost jealous for the guy. I ALMOST wouldn't mind getting arrested for that much money... almost....
For 2.3 million? They could arrest me and leave me in the cell with Bubba all night.............
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #66
Gunfighter13

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 1SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Seems to me the police should have asked to see some proof of purchase before arresting him. Shame on them too.
I'm with you, the Police should have never got involved. It was a civil matter for civil court. Hope he sues the officer, department and city for the arrest.
Gunfighter13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #67
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter13 View Post
I'm with you, the Police should have never got involved. It was a civil matter for civil court. Hope he sues the officer, department and city for the arrest.
Im not so sure, if the cops get a report of a stolen vehicle, and they locate the person who allegedly stole it, they arrest the perp.....now if you are asking why the dealership, specificly the person who reported it isnt getting charged with various forms of false reporting of a crime and lying to a police officer, I could see your point.......
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #68
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Im not so sure, if the cops get a report of a stolen vehicle, and they locate the person who allegedly stole it, they arrest the perp.....now if you are asking why the dealership, specificly the person who reported it isnt getting charged with various forms of false reporting of a crime and lying to a police officer, I could see your point.......
That seems like poor procedure to make an arrest without asking some questions. I hope he gets 10 million.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #69
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter13 View Post
Quote:
That seems like poor procedure to make an arrest without asking some questions. I hope he gets 10 million.
It is not a police officers job to sort out innocence or guilt, that is the magistrate's and judge's job. The officers job is simply to issue and fulfill the warrant.

It also appears to me that some of you have never seen an arrest warrant before. They are very basic with very little information; name, address and what they are wanted for (in this case Auto Theft). If I was to give you a paper and that was all the information you was given what would you do? You going to ask for proof of ownership of all the vehicles that you see? Problem with that. You don't know what vehicle was supposedly stolen or who from. Also you don't know if it is hidden or at another location. What are you going to do if the paperwork checks out? Report in that he is innocent and that you refuse to issue the warrant? Do that and you will be out of a job before your shift ends.

Everyone that keeps saying "Police should have done this or that" or "The police should be sued as well" don't know jack squat about what the officers job entails or how arrests are done.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #70
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
My whole thing is, this mans rights were violated. Being arrested on erroneous charges just because the dealership claimed he stole something, that's pretty bad. Perhaps the police station shares some of that blame for not looking into the situation fully before arresting the poor guy, but either way someone needs to get slapped with a big fine (in this case, it takes the form of a lawsuit) to make it clear that this kind of thing is not to be tolerated in our society.

Tags
arrested, customer, dealership