Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #57
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Dumb question. My 2013 doesn't have the temperature cutout in the frame (not sure I like that), the temp is on the main display. I also don't have the lock/unlock button underneath the hazards (what is that for?)
The pictures in this thread are for the New PAC aftermarket dash kit
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #58
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
I also don't have the lock/unlock button underneath the hazards (what is that for?)
It's to lock/unlock the doors. Earlier models had the button there instead of on the doors.

Looking at the install instructions, for Camaros with older, non MyLink radios there's less wiring involved. For cars with MyLink, you have to run two wires to the BCM for that button to function. Doesn't look difficult to do.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:11 PM   #59
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Installed my unit today. First install thoughts are here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=466180&page=2

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #60
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
This was garbage... looked great, but had nothing but problems with it.

Can't wait to get this installed.... If this+ Kenwood DDX9903S function as advertised, I'll be a happy camper this week.

patternpilot, does your kit's door lock button feel flimsy?
Old 09-20-2016, 05:20 AM   #61
opossum

Drives: 2013
Wow! That's great

Hallo,

i have tested a Scosche Kit, a Metra Kit, at this time i have installed the scosche kit with DNX7150DAB (Kenwood for german market). My TMPS is failing at this time. But now i have seen this wonderful new dash kit. Ordered and i will Change the scosche against this new kit. Hope, it will fit in my car, is a 2013 Camaro european model.
Thank you very much for this post. I'm happy and i will post here again, when i have installed the new dash kit.

Best regards from Germany
Egbert
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #62
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I hope you're able to sort out all your issues with this new unit from PAC. I think it's the best looking so far. Keep us posted Patternpilot.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #63
patternpilot

Worked on sorting the problems I had with the install today. After calling the Techs at PAC I was informed that the kit does not provide in car microphone support. In other words, the in car microphones do not work with this kit. If your new head unit comes with a microphone you need to install it or you will only have one way phone conversations.
I did not put in my comments from yesterday that the chime did not work. This is the chime from key in ignition and door open and the other things that it works for. It seems that the kit that I received had this chime left out. PAC is sending me one. The original is contained in the GM head unit.
The other issue was the steering wheel remote controls. The phone button originally worked for making phone calls by single pressing it and then the system would ask who I wanted to call. The PAC system does not support this as they say that was a function of the GM system and when you remove that, you remove that function.
In answer to the question regarding if the door locks seem flimsy. I would say that they are not to the original GM quality but I never use them. I have the door locks on the doors. I tried to make the hazards come on today but was unable due to my battery being low due to all the on time. Charging it now. I know that I did not like the feel of the switch, hope it works.
When the chime shows up I will tear the unit out and install that and the microphone for voice calls. Not an easy task so hope this does it.
I still like the unit and especially the functionality of the Pioneer head unit. I need to get some pictures posted of the finished install.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #64
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
so are you saying that with this kit you will no longer be able to make phone calls using the steering wheel button?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #65
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
so are you saying that with this kit you will no longer be able to make phone calls using the steering wheel button?
That would appear to be the case. When I can get to the control module I will try to program the phone button on the steering wheel (not sure if that will work) but right now it wont make calls. Pressing it will only answer a call not allow you to make one. Holding it down activates OnStar.
Don't forget you need to install a new microphone in order to talk.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:06 PM   #66
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
id think with any aftermarket radio you need to use a 3.5mm jack microphone. If you knew what wires are used for the factory mic you may be able to install a jack.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:07 PM   #67
patternpilot

So here are some pictures of the install.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #68
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
id think with any aftermarket radio you need to use a 3.5mm jack microphone. If you knew what wires are used for the factory mic you may be able to install a jack.
Its good to know that, thanks. This was the first time I've done this in a car that had phone capabilities. I was just a little disappointed that the description said that the factory controls were retained. I can live with it if I cant program the controls to do what I want.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:05 AM   #69
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Looks really clean!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:43 AM   #70
Blubird68

Drives: 1993 z28/2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
So here are some pictures of the install.
is that a 6.2" or 7" screen ?
Blubird68 is offline   Reply With Quote