Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #57
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Ok so im down to BC Racing coilovers for about $1,000 or KW V3's for $1,200? What would u guys buy and why. Which is better. Great reviews on both!
BCs for $1000 vs KW V3 for $1200 used. Kw V3s are way better than BC BR series. If I ever buy BC coils again it would be the ER series.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #58
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Guys, I realize this is an old thread - didnt Pedders and Pfadt go out of business? Or are they back?
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #59
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Guys, I realize this is an old thread - didnt Pedders and Pfadt go out of business? Or are they back?
They are both gone but there are some guys remaking the Pfadt parts. Justice Pete of Pedders fame is planning a comeback with his own company.

For now the consensus is that Ride Tech set up is the way to go at about $2,000.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #60
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Suspension upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
They are both gone but there are some guys remaking the Pfadt parts. Justice Pete of Pedders fame is planning a comeback with his own company.

For now the consensus is that Ride Tech set up is the way to go at about $2,000.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for the info bro. Yeah i'm looking for a suspension package that includes coilovers for my 2012 V6. Just started my research. I see that BC Racing coilovers are very popular with some of the members here.
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #61
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
The one thing I've found in my research on coilovers is that most of the ones you can get for under $1500 are typically built around generic dampers & springs and aren't necessarily built for the heavy Camaro platform. Consequently, you can't take them to the track too many times before they will fail.

The Megan & BC coilovers are good for street and some spirited mountain driving but if you want genuinely good long-term performance & durability, you will need to start looking at setups that start at $2k. The Ridetechs are a good intermediate option in that regard.

If you really want some serious coilovers, I will have to say the Detroit Speeds are second to none. Extremely lightweight, yet durable, and unfortunately come with a serious pricetag (setups start at $4k).

I'm looking at the Ridetechs for Bee, mostly because I can't afford the DS's. They seem to be the best overall compromise in budget, ride, and quality.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #62
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
The one thing I've found in my research on coilovers is that most of the ones you can get for under $1500 are typically built around generic dampers & springs and aren't necessarily built for the heavy Camaro platform. Consequently, you can't take them to the track too many times before they will fail.

The Megan & BC coilovers are good for street and some spirited mountain driving but if you want genuinely good long-term performance & durability, you will need to start looking at setups that start at $2k. The Ridetechs are a good intermediate option in that regard.

If you really want some serious coilovers, I will have to say the Detroit Speeds are second to none. Extremely lightweight, yet durable, and unfortunately come with a serious pricetag (setups start at $4k).

I'm looking at the Ridetechs for Bee, mostly because I can't afford the DS's. They seem to be the best overall compromise in budget, ride, and quality.
Couldn't agree more! Excellent post! The RideTech coilovers also have a 1,000,001 mile warranty on them, so they'll be the last set of dampers you'll ever have to bolt onto the car.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #63
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
I'm quite happy with the switch to RideTech after my Pedders nightmare with the rear coils blowing multiple times...