Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #57
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Nice stuff Jon. Keep em coming.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #58
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I think it looks good if done tastefully.
But I won't have any carbon fiber in my car.
I'm more interested in the leather panels and steering wheels.
Now THAT I would look into. Leather is always classy. Not always practical, (Trust me I know. When it's 110 outside, the leather in my '02 aint my friend lol) but it's always classy.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #59
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
No, but something subtle where the brightness can be controlled.

If I want the disco ball effect in the car, I can always where this...
LOL! I just had to quote so THIS guy could show up again

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #60
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Autozone doesnt stock parts that have ACTUAL CF in them. They have the vinyl sticker crap that literally takes 2 seconds to make.

That being said, in this application, the CF door panels would be an appearance modification. To each their own. So if you're one of the guys getting the IOM interior package, I could rant about how I think it looks cheezy to have bright orange accents all over your interior. But in the end it all boils down to what you want to look at when you're driving your car.

Last point. These door panels are not cheap vinyl stickers. It takes a lot of work to get the CF fabric stretched and oriented perfectly. And then a long time bonding them and then coating the fabric in resin and many hours buffing and polishing to a nice shine. Point is DVS customs has put alot of work into the parts... anyone who has bought CF parts before can tell by the first picture that they have made some very nice CF there... So hats off to them, looking forward to prices!
Not to short anybody their kudos or anything, nice work- I'm sure this piece fits seamlessly and will no doubt bring sheer, unadulterated Camaro bliss to anyone whose interior is fortunate enough to be graced by this product... I'm just sayin it looks ricey. Like you said, to each his own- this just aint for me. I understand there is also some leather trim offered, which I think would look AWESOME with the black leather I'm planning to get (NOT Inferno Orange) in my 2SS/RS. Hopefully we'll see some shots of that insert soon, cuz that's what I'll be after

Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #61
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
ever thought of a suede insert? definatly nice. the c/f looks sweet.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #62
BigBang

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Suburban
Those panels look great, but that is not the reason that I am posting. I wondered if anybody else has had a problem getting their Camaro from a smaller dealer? I ordered a SIM 2SS on 10/17/08 and my dealer who is a close friend of mine has absolutely no idea when I might see my car. He is a small dealer in northern Wyoming who Chevy has seemed to forget. The thing that really bothers me is that I could drive to Kansas and buy my car off of a dealer's showroom over there, and some of my other friends that ordered months after me know when their car is coming. Anyway my question to you guys is has anybody had any luck contacting GM and talking to them about this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
BigBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #63
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Not to short anybody their kudos or anything, nice work- I'm sure this piece fits seamlessly and will no doubt bring sheer, unadulterated Camaro bliss to anyone whose interior is fortunate enough to be graced by this product... I'm just sayin it looks ricey. Like you said, to each his own- this just aint for me. I understand there is also some leather trim offered, which I think would look AWESOME with the black leather I'm planning to get (NOT Inferno Orange) in my 2SS/RS. Hopefully we'll see some shots of that insert soon, cuz that's what I'll be after
Do you consider the ZR-1 with CF to be ricey ? IMO that Corvette looks incredible and it saved a bunch of weight.

...now if it had neon lights underneath - we definitely wouldn't go there.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #64
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
ever thought of a suede insert? definatly nice. the c/f looks sweet.
We can do ulta-suede type of product. Also full leather doors and hand stitching. Should have something to show you guys in a few days. We are trying to work as fast as we can but will not sacrifice quality.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #65
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I'm not supposed to be spending money on interior stuff...

Stick to power adders, stick to power adders. Must stay focused. Performance first Performance first.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #66
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
Those panels look great, but that is not the reason that I am posting. I wondered if anybody else has had a problem getting their Camaro from a smaller dealer? I ordered a SIM 2SS on 10/17/08 and my dealer who is a close friend of mine has absolutely no idea when I might see my car. He is a small dealer in northern Wyoming who Chevy has seemed to forget. The thing that really bothers me is that I could drive to Kansas and buy my car off of a dealer's showroom over there, and some of my other friends that ordered months after me know when their car is coming. Anyway my question to you guys is has anybody had any luck contacting GM and talking to them about this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Why would you post this in this thread? Post in or create a thread in the appropriate forum if you would like appropriate feedback.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #67
GOLDDOG

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS & 08 JSB Corvette
DSV Customs does some awesome work. I recently purchased a two-tone leather console cover for my Corvette and their work is top notch. Not sure about the CF but their leather work is second to none. Anyone purchasing their products will not be disappointed.
GOLDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #68
Jack
Just Jack

Drives: '71 SS, Forest Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I'm not supposed to be spending money on interior stuff...

Stick to power adders, stick to power adders. Must stay focused. Performance first Performance first.

I'm with gtahvit, but these really do look nice. Great quality work. Keep up the good work! It's great to see high quality options for everyone to choose from.

I guess I'd just like my car first... :|
Delivered 6/5
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #69
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
$50, $200, $500, $2000 ???????
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #70
Outsider
Outsider

Drives: 2007 Corvette, 2000 Porsche
Welcome Gerardo and DSV! Camaro Brethren, DSV has been THE BEST resource for custom leather and carbon graphite work for C5 and C6 Corvettes for some time. Gerardo has provided the Corvette Faithful with new and recovered leather and carbon graphite factory trim with a level of quality and personal service seldom found in the aftermarket supply base. I welcome them to the Camaro site and will certainly be adding their work to my Camaro shortly after it's arrival.
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote