Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do cops pull you over more because you drive a Camaro?
Yes. 38 15.02%
No. 174 68.77%
They do, but because of my driving. 32 12.65%
Other 9 3.56%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #57
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well just saying I have owned 4 Camaros and a 65 Stingray and the only two cars I have been pulled over in were a 74 Vega Station Wagon and a plain Jane 76 Malibu. So you are saying that 75% of th people responding to this pole are full of crap
Yes. Yes I am.

I guess we all have different experiences. I'm sure some who don't get pulled over obey all traffic laws and drive like little old ladies so it really doesn't matter what kind of car they have. That is just my experience.

I also had a cop come flying out of a parking lot once and almost hit the car behind me so he could pull me over. I was in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic moving along at about 20 miles an hour. Again, there was nothing illegal on the car which was bone stock and I couldn't speed if I wanted to. Why did he pull be over? According to those here I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I was a 19 year old kid in a bright red Cadillac convertible. I guess I'll never know...
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #58
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
There was this guy that rolled thru a stop sign and was pulled over. He explained to the cop that when he pulled up to the stop sign that he slowed down before going out into the intersection. The cop said ok I'm going to pull out my asp and start hitting you in the head with it, once I get started you let me know if you want me stop or just slow down.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #59

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I don't get it....I used to get pulled over all the time on my older junkers and motorcycles....haven't been stopped in about 35 years including the last three with the Camaro...I try, though....Always in the fast lane on the freeway, kind of loud on the streets...I cruise by squad cars going faster than the speed limit, but, alas, nothing...any ideas as to why?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #60
JR 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I don't get it....I used to get pulled over all the time on my older junkers and motorcycles....haven't been stopped in about 35 years including the last three with the Camaro...I try, though....Always in the fast lane on the freeway, kind of loud on the streets...I cruise by squad cars going faster than the speed limit, but, alas, nothing...any ideas as to why?
Maybe you look like a boring old dude now instead of a punk kid.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Maybe you look like a boring old dude now instead of a punk kid.
I think you may be onto something...Maybe consider that younger, more inexperienced drivers, as I once was, are more likely to get into an accident. That teenage mortality is still very high with new drivers...and perhaps, although it may not seem like it at the time, the cops did me a favor when I was younger.....
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #62
JR 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think you may be onto something...Maybe consider that younger, more inexperienced drivers, as I once was, are more likely to get into an accident. That teenage mortality is still very high with new drivers...and perhaps, although it may not seem like it at the time, the cops did me a favor when I was younger.....
Well, I was just giving a smart ass answer to a smart ass question, but maybe there is something to that. Maybe when my hair starts to turn gray the cops will lose interest...
Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #63

Quote:
Well, I was just giving a smart ass answer to a smart ass question, but maybe there is something to that. Maybe when my hair starts to turn gray the cops will lose interest...
Not saying I'm immune or deserve any special treatment, but I would just give the cops some latitude when they are trying to do their job...They're not perfect and in their judgment some get pulled over, some don't...

Young kid in a speedy car...sure will get eye-balled more...perhaps justifiably, perhaps not....It's nothing new, been going on forever...
Old 09-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #64
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
I mean I got tattoos, earrings, pretty much everything that screams out "NEGATIVE INFLUENCE". I'm also young and black, I almost always do 10 over and once in a blue moon I get spirited.

Think you guys just got some bad luck. Generally cops throw me a mad dog and let me keep pushing.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #65
JR 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I mean I got tattoos, earrings, pretty much everything that screams out "NEGATIVE INFLUENCE". I'm also young and black, I almost always do 10 over and once in a blue moon I get spirited.

Think you guys just got some bad luck. Generally cops throw me a mad dog and let me keep pushing.
Yeah, they are probably scared of you.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #66
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
why was the first posted edited?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
why was the first posted edited?
Self incriminating I believe.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #68
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Haha - congrats, you have a semblance of responsibility. I'm curious though, if your insurance that you pay for on your own and "everything else" is done with your own money or some sort of allowance? Because I'm 26 with a squeaky clean driving record and my insurance is 140 a month, gas is ~120-150 a month, phone is 110 a month and those are the cheap bills. So if you are 17, I'd be interested to know what you do where you can swing 400+ a month and still have money to do things you want.

Side note, if you are explaining the things you have by saying your parents are good at their profession, then that means they give you a lot.... The question of whether you're spoiled or not is a matter of how much you are given, and the value of those items. A little self awareness goes a long way.

As for the topic of this thread.... No. I drive an SS and live in a College Town. I don't waste any time taking off from lights, not even when around cops. I drive the car responsibly and safely, without driving like an old woman on Sunday morning and I have only been pulled over once (Rolling stop in downtown after just picking it up and learning the stick shift -- no ticket). I know several others with camaros and none of them have been pulled over once. If you got pulled, it's because you broke the law. Either stop breaking the law, or accept the fact that there are consequences for having "fun" and stop looking for a scapegoat.
I actually have three jobs, and pay 400 a month for my insurance. Nie try
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #69
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Knock on wood, I've never been pulled over in the Camaro!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #70
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
I actually have three jobs, and pay 400 a month for my insurance. Nie try
I wonder why?