Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Would you accept a repaint of a brand new car?
Yes 35 20.96%
No 132 79.04%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #57
joehouse

Drives: 1986 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
I've gone over this ad nauseam so obviously you haven't been following that closely. See post #8

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=1#post8943923
I've been following it; you must contact a lawyer. This is the best option if you cannot be level headed and deal with the situation. I have dealt with GM before the whole ignition scandal blew up and won a case against them negotiating myself without a lawyer, but I have the patience to do so and some legal experience now.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #58
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Not unless it was in an accident in my possession. Off the lot brand new...hell no.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #59
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Our question is ---

Would you purchase a 45,000+ dollar car and not knowing the extent of things you can't see in areas where paint/primer etc should have been applied - would YOU accept having a body shop start disassembling said brand new car to spray new paint on it?

For those that don't know the back story go here -

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440789

Pictures of the defects of the paint are here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing

After a brief conversation with a person in the executive referral department (don't know what they do exactly) today lead to the person to state that replacing cars doesn't happen and he eluded to the car being repainted. Now we don't know what this person may or may not know about cars but we know he has seen the pictures. We know the service adviser and management at multiple dealerships have seen the pictures and supposedly an area manager of some type has as well. The principle owner of the dealership that sold the car has seen the pictures and we assume that's why they washed their hands of it less than 24 hours after the car was sold. Because they didn't want to have to be dragged into trying to deal with the issues that come along with taking a car apart to repaint the whole damn thing. Or the are just scumbags.

The car has been one problem after another but the main issue is there are massive defects in the paint on the car and now people without seeing the car are making statements about just slapping some paint on there. To make us just go away we assume.

As we are not paint and body experts (but we are trying to self educate) we are looking for some feedback on this. We have been told by multiple people outside this forum that repainting the car will cause issues, could result in other non painted areas of the car not matching the new paint, lower the value of the car, cause us to be without the car for weeks etc. There are very few areas that do not have issues. We are curious as to GM jumping to repainting the car as we can see interior panels of the car that were not painted. They can't use the argument or if they use "well that's normal" that would be pretty interesting as we have now documented 10+ camaro's and they have correctly applied paint inside the trunks, hoods, doors inside and out.

Just looking for the public's opinion on spending their hard earned money with general motors and winding up with a brand new 2016 camaro with defective paint that no one seems to care about.
Ah, you are talking the company that handles GM legal affiars. Cars are replaced. My ZL1 will be next Friday with a new SS + cash. But whatever the rules are there they do not budge. I have to pay MSRP for the replacement car. Not too happy with that.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #60
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Our question is ---

Would you purchase a 45,000+ dollar car and not knowing the extent of things you can't see in areas where paint/primer etc should have been applied - would YOU accept having a body shop start disassembling said brand new car to spray new paint on it?

For those that don't know the back story go here -

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440789

Pictures of the defects of the paint are here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing

After a brief conversation with a person in the executive referral department (don't know what they do exactly) today lead to the person to state that replacing cars doesn't happen and he eluded to the car being repainted. Now we don't know what this person may or may not know about cars but we know he has seen the pictures. We know the service adviser and management at multiple dealerships have seen the pictures and supposedly an area manager of some type has as well. The principle owner of the dealership that sold the car has seen the pictures and we assume that's why they washed their hands of it less than 24 hours after the car was sold. Because they didn't want to have to be dragged into trying to deal with the issues that come along with taking a car apart to repaint the whole damn thing. Or the are just scumbags.

The car has been one problem after another but the main issue is there are massive defects in the paint on the car and now people without seeing the car are making statements about just slapping some paint on there. To make us just go away we assume.

As we are not paint and body experts (but we are trying to self educate) we are looking for some feedback on this. We have been told by multiple people outside this forum that repainting the car will cause issues, could result in other non painted areas of the car not matching the new paint, lower the value of the car, cause us to be without the car for weeks etc. There are very few areas that do not have issues. We are curious as to GM jumping to repainting the car as we can see interior panels of the car that were not painted. They can't use the argument or if they use "well that's normal" that would be pretty interesting as we have now documented 10+ camaro's and they have correctly applied paint inside the trunks, hoods, doors inside and out.

Just looking for the public's opinion on spending their hard earned money with general motors and winding up with a brand new 2016 camaro with defective paint that no one seems to care about.

If I may ask... If the paint was so bad why did you accept the car when you arrived at the dealership to sign the papers... That was your one unequivocal opportunity to reject the car....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #61
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
There are many many quality body shops that can paint it better than those factory robots. Chances are you will end up with a better paint job, but it has to be a high end shop doing the work.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #62
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
If I may ask... If the paint was so bad why did you accept the car when you arrived at the dealership to sign the papers... That was your one unequivocal opportunity to reject the car....
Most of the defects are only apparent in certain light. Then you dig into rarely inspected areas and discover its worse. Proof that when you go to buy a car you need to take an inspection light and go over the paint in a dark area. One of those LED flash lights in a dimly lit garage should do the trick.

Also a lot of people request the cars are not washed because the detailing at the dealer is not the best. I guess that is also a big gamble because the car will be dirty from shipment, so you either risk the dealer swirling out the paint, or trust the brand new car you just received is pristine condition.

There has to be some level of trust that the car is right. I mean do you yank a brand new engine to recheck the connecting rods have been torqued to the right number?
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #63
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I asked the dealer to let me pick the car up from inside the showroom floor since I'll be bringing my mom in with me to share the moment. I knew that if I said, INSIDE the showroom floor, I would get a car that was meticulously cleaned and shined as well as inspected. Luckily he agreed. Bit queen like of me, yes, but I truly do think this is the best way to get the dealer to comb the car a bit more than others. Also, this will give me a great chance to truly see the car in all angles for my inspection before I drive away..

I understand that this user did not have the car cleaned due to the above reasons, but also due to the weather he was residing in.. There are two ways to look at this.... He still should have ether waited for the weather to clear up and insect the car in person, then sign... Or the dealer understand the end user and either fix this for him on their dime, which is rare, but hey possible... Or GM does something.

I do propose an idea and that is we AS MEMBERS of a community tweet/post and contact Al and all those GM headshot who are very active on social media. Al even has a personal Twitter that is found by a simple google search...

If you EVER want to move a mountain in this day, you call the company out in a public forum where if they edit the post, they look bad, if they ignore the post, they look bad, but if they come in and fix the issue, they have the potential for huge positive PR..

So to the OP... Get people here to rally behind you and start writing on their Facebook, Twitter... I promise, once PR see's that, they will intervene.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro paint issue, general motors, gm customer service, gm paint issues, quality control