Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #57
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzodarg View Post
Yes it will pop, blurble or whatever you want to call it, when you come off the throttle. If you have an A6, when the AFM kicks in- It will sound like a ricer!

As many have stated, sound is subjective. I for one, didn't like the Muffler delete, thought it sounded ghetto, cheap, like a cut the muffler off... oh wait, I did.

The above is only my opinion, your's may differ and that's ok.
i agree that cheap noise is good on a 1995 silverado not a sports car
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #58
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
heres a cam with headers, muffler and resonator delete on an LS3

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post1387904
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:49 AM   #59
mtreym

Drives: M Trey
Has anyone tried the muffler delete AND resonator delete with just pipes....no X-pipe?
mtreym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #60
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
The X-Pipes really help the sound quality and you would pick up more Horsepower by going with an X-Pipe and doing a muffler delete over an axle-back because of the scavanging the X-Pipe offers, it almost acts like a vacuum to extract the exhaust gas from the engine.

I have part # 10791 in stock and you can use coupon code FreeShipping to receive free shipping on the X-Pipe. We also don't charge a handling fee.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions! We've been using these X-Pipes for years with great success! Have a happy holiday!

Kind regards,
Just placed order!!
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #61
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
whats it like inside the car? Just wondering if it was annoying to try and talk on the phone or w people riding w you.
It sounds fine inside the car. 2k rpm is a VERY sexy hum. Only time you wouldn't be able to understand someone in the car or when you're on the phone is when you're going WOT. In this case, you wouldn't want to be doing anything other than concentrating on the road... and all they'd be doing is having their head thrown back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
i agree that cheap noise is good on a 1995 silverado not a sports car
Then don't put it on your sports car. Thanks for the thoughtful input with the thread
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #62
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
Just placed order!!
We got the order and you should have a tracking # anytime if you don't already. We appreciate your business and please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Have a great day and we'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #63
oceantrav

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
I want to do the muffler delete on my SS, what happens if i dont use the X-pipe? Also is the X-pipe that JDP power sports selling for an SS? This is a stupid question but i see people saying L99, 2ss and A6, whats the diffrence, mine says ss/rs so whats this?
oceantrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #64
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantrav View Post
I want to do the muffler delete on my SS, what happens if i dont use the X-pipe? Also is the X-pipe that JDP power sports selling for an SS? This is a stupid question but i see people saying L99, 2ss and A6, whats the diffrence, mine says ss/rs so whats this?
The X-pipe flows more efficiently than the factory H-pipe. You don't have to use an aftermarket X-pipe if you choose to.

L99 is the engine in the V-8 automatic
LS3 is the engine in the V-8 Manual
A6 Means Automatic 6 speed
SS/RS is the V8 Camaro (SS) with Rally Sport (RS) package
Old 02-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #65
Dewdude

Drives: '69 RS-SS 396 Camaro
Question

I have an auto V-8. I would love to make it louder but I am slightly confused by the options on the magnaflow. Correct these

Magnaflow #11386 = muffled X pipe?
#14386 = muffled X pipe polished?
#10791 = x pipe?

Will all of these fit the auto V-8 (L99)? Is everyone talking about removing the resonators in the center of the car and replacing with one of the above choices and they replace the mufflers under the trunk with straight pipes?

Thanks,
Dewdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #66
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantrav View Post
An x-pipe isn't required but it works much better than the OEM H-Pipe and resonator/s. The x-pipe acts like a vacuum in a way pulling the exhaust pulses through helping to evacuate it from the engine. It also adds a smoother sound to the exhaust. The correct x-pipe for the SS is part # 10791 and you can use coupon code FreeGround. This x-pipe in combination with the muffler delete will be loud and I would suggest it for an automatic (L99) SS Camaro because you will get drone when the VVT (4 cylinder) kicks in. If you're automatic and going to do a muffler delete I'd suggest the resonated x-pipe part # 11386 and the coupon code is Special1 for this product. This will give you the same benefits of the x-pipe but it will help control the drone and popping when you lift out of the gas.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We appreciate your interest in our products and have a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
The X-pipe flows more efficiently than the factory H-pipe. You don't have to use an aftermarket X-pipe if you choose to.

L99 is the engine in the V-8 automatic
LS3 is the engine in the V-8 Manual
A6 Means Automatic 6 speed
SS/RS is the V8 Camaro (SS) with Rally Sport (RS) package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdude View Post
I have an auto V-8. I would love to make it louder but I am slightly confused by the options on the magnaflow. Correct these

Magnaflow #11386 = muffled X pipe?
#14386 = muffled X pipe polished?
#10791 = x pipe?

Will all of these fit the auto V-8 (L99)? Is everyone talking about removing the resonators in the center of the car and replacing with one of the above choices and they replace the mufflers under the trunk with straight pipes?

Thanks,
That is correct, these parts fit the L99. I would highly suggest part # 11386 or 14386 for the L99 with a muffler delete. It will help control the tone as well as improve the performance. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #67
Dewdude

Drives: '69 RS-SS 396 Camaro
Thanks for the info.

Now I need a rectangle exhaust tip that mirrors the rectangle opening on the factory GFX.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dewdude
Dewdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #68
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Ok....placed my order with JDP today. My car is on the train heading this way but I'm still 1 1/2 wks from picking it up. I plan on taking the parts with me and heading straight to the muffler shop from the dealership. Worst case I'll be going the next day.

I have an LS3 and here is what I bought and the plans.
#11386 X-pipe
#35121 4" double wall tips

I'm going to have the H-pipe removed and put the X-Pipe in place. Then have the resonators removed and replace the pipe from the end of the X-pipe to the end where the resonators stopped. Do a muffler delete using the Magnaflow tips.

This should pretty much replicate the 2.5" Magnaflow Comp Series cat-back system. This is also the basic setup of the SOLO cat-back system as well. Depending on what the muffler shop ends up charging I'm looking around $375-$400 total.

I plan on eventually doing some LT headers but not for a year or so. I'll try it with this system but if it's to loud I'll have some #14416 4" round mufflers put in to quiet it down some.

Since no one has put up any video of this setup I plan on taking both my camera and video with me and post up some stuff once it's all over with. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm making the right decision.

Thanks to JDP Motorsports for the great prices.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #69
oceantrav

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
This is to JDM

Ok so you wrote: "This x-pipe in combination with the muffler delete will be loud and I would suggest it for an automatic (L99) SS Camaro because you will get drone when the VVT (4 cylinder) kicks in." Did you mean you wouldnt suggest it for a automatic SS? I have a SS 6-speed, and i want to make sure i order the correct X pipe from you. So i should get part number 10791?

Also when i take the X pipe to the shop to install and get the muffler delete, is there any specific instructions i should tell them?

thanks- Matthew
oceantrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #70
Chaos Machine

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
i got a muffler delete on my l99 a few days ago, sounds absolutely beastly, yes you can hear droning when it kicks into 4 cyl mode but it doesnt bother me, it just doesnt sound as smooth when its in that mode. If i have the heat or radio on at all you cant hear it. only feel it. Cost me 100 bucks and was WELL WORTH IT. The only real downside is there is lots of decel pop, personally i think it adds character to the exhaust note but some people dont like it.
Chaos Machine is offline   Reply With Quote