Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #687
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs View Post
You are WAY out of line. Rick Conti has done more for Chevrolet than most anyone at a dealership level ever will. He has had a personal website devoted to everything Corvette for years. Has participated in other forums as an enthusiast to promote all things GM. Has Scotty told you that he worked with Rick before going to Newman and I am sure learned more than a thing or two from him. We are "tic'd off" that GM is screwing with this car. Believe what you want and who you want. In a month we will all see how this process will play out.
You're just not saying what some here want to hear. Please don't take it too personally. Most of us are thankful for you laying it on the line...as you see it. It may be right, may be wrong, but we appreciate your input and dedication!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #688
IRONMAN/SS

Drives: 2000 Nissan Maxima
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatecamaroman View Post
im a dealer out of montana and have special inside info
do we have to bribe you for the info, or are you going to spill the beans?

Love @ 1st sight
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #689
theultimatecamaroman

Drives: 1967 Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN/SS View Post
do we have to bribe you for the info, or are you going to spill the beans?

I don't take bribes buddy sorry. It will release soon
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #690
War Eagle

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, Avanti, 2010 GT500
Gentlemen,

This is what is going to happen.

GM needs to make and selll more V-6 cars than V-8s to balance their fleet mileage. V-8 production will be limited and allocations made to dealers. This is exactly what happened in the first year with the new Mustang GTs. Then again with the GT 500. You could buy a V6 Mustang anywhere but GTs were scarce as hen's teeth.

When the first wave of Camaros start hitting the Dealers, greed will overcome fair play and the few V-8s will be put up for bid by the Dealers. Just watch Ebay, as soon as some dealers know what their allocation is they will start selling them before they even get them on the lot. The Dealers will be able to get whatever they want for those very few V-8s during 2009. Production should catch up by 2010 and the car will be cheap by then. Some of the guys who have a "pre order" will find it means nothing as the dealer may have 24 and only two cars for six months.

Not a good situation but this is the way it is so we may as well get used to it. Thank God I have something to drive, I won't be looking to buy untill 2010 now unless something radical happens.

Hang in there guys.
Steve

Back in a Chevelle after 41 years.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #691
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Ellwynx, sounds like you might as well use that paper for ass wiping
LOL

EDIT: FINALLY! I'm thru all 28 pages!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #692
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Ok. I just don't think it is wise to post such inflamatory remarks on a public forum about a product you promote. Maybe Rick has done alot for GM, but, what he has posted tonight has not been beneficial for GM or Chevrolet. So as far as tonight goes, I am not out of line. We don't need all this doom and gloom from a dealer. There is enough of that from everyone else.

You are held to a higher level of accountability as a representative of the car and the company. I will belive who I want and what I want and it won't be someone that appears tonight with a "the sky is falling, GM sucks" attitude.

I guess it's a good thing all the negative doom and gloom sides of Rick did not rub off on Scotty.
Yeah, so from now on feed us BS!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #693
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Aaaahhhh, the voice of reason. I'm glad somebody watched the same broadcast I did.
If the allocation was closed today, that'd be great. But, it will continue open for other dealers to add orders. If the current ratio continues, many current people with preorders will get screwed, potentially myself included, and not be produced before that October time frame.

Only 70% of dealers have even submitted an order. I'm willing to bet that almost all of that 30% are the ones adding ridiculous markups to their cars. They're not just going to let their allocations go unused. Every bit of that 20k allocated will be used. There's always a chance that a heavy amount of the remaining allocations get used up on v6's but I don't see the percentage being high enough to offset the already high ratio of v8s.

So basically, my interpretation is that no matter when you ordered, whether it be Oct 13. or next month, if you've got more than half of your dealer's total allocation ahead of you in v8s then you're likely to get screwed. I'm number 8 or 9 of 16 I think. So I guess I'm looking at a September delivery if I get in the first allocation at all. I had thought sometime in the May ballpark seemed reasonable but now I realize how dumb that was.

Really, I guess this isn't news as fbodfather said a while back that they could only build 50% v8s but noone (including my dealer) laid it out like that.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #694
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatecamaroman View Post
you two remind me of when i was a little girl in gradeschool fighting with little nancy
He can be Nancy!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #695
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Well, this thread shows that many of us just can't handle hearing the truth...now if you want a new camaro sometime this summer get on down to yo dealer and get the asphalt rippin' V6...
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #696
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
20,856 views since this 10:25 this morning! just thought i'd point that out
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
Old 01-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #697
theultimatecamaroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
He can be Nancy!
last time i checked "oldtimer" nancy was spelled with a y and not an e. and whos he who can play nancy? me?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #698
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Google Scott Settlemire

Didn't mean to come off like a dick- just ball busting...
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #699
theultimatecamaroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Well, this thread shows that many of us just can't handle hearing the truth...now if you want a new camaro sometime this summer get on down to yo dealer and get the asphalt rippin' V6...
V6's are for little girls. might as well get that V6 in automatic sweetie
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #700
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
maybe a black stripe could macho it out abit

Closed Thread