Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #71
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I just seen that, nice rolling start.. lets see the time from a dig like the ZR1 and CTS-V...

Edit: Nevermind, the ZR1 was rolling too... I guess a flying lap is the standard now...
i was about to say... every top car has a rolling start.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #72
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
big party pooper, ain't it?
yeah and it's not like GM has a higher hp engine just sitting there...

oh wait....
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #73
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Just like in the muscle car hay day.

Sux not much has changed since the 5th gen debut in early 2006... almost six years ago. In the mean time the Mustang has had a ton of updates and models since 2/06
so many changes...how many mustangs were sold compared to camaro's since 2009?

I don't think it's helping...
Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #74
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Just like in the muscle car hay day.

Sux not much has changed since the 5th gen debut in early 2006... almost six years ago. In the mean time the Mustang has had a ton of updates and models since 2/06
We are closing in on the muscle car hay day now. It will be interesting to see how long the hp wars rage this time around. 600hp in a mustang? How long will present day Ford and GM on up each other.

Ford is doing a good job keeping their crowd happy. Gotta give them props for that......
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #75
builder11150

Drives: 1987 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
so many changes...how many mustangs were sold compared to camaro's since 2009?

I don't think it's helping...
You guys continue to rave about the Camaro sales, but they aren't really that stunning. A car with built up demand since 2003, and hype since 2006, should have much higher sales figures. I believe the 2005 mustang sold more than the first year of the 5th gen, and it was in production beforehand. Not to mention that the sales figures for the Camaros are already dropping, and the 5th gens have the lowest sales figures for Camaros second to the the 4th gen.

The Mustangs are great cars and have always been, and that goes for the Camaro as well. The attacks on the mustang don't feel like joking around, they seem like petty fanboyism, which is sad.
builder11150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #76
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder11150 View Post
The Mustangs are great cars and have always been, and that goes for the Camaro as well. The attacks on the mustang don't feel like joking around, they seem like petty fanboyism, which is sad.
So, the ones who come on this site to purely "correct" us and "balance out" our fanboyism aren't being fanyboys either? The only sad thing is going around to other forums trying to "prove" your car's superiority. (Not directed at you... just a general observation.)
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #77
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
..............The Mustangs are great cars and have always been,...............
You're serious... aren't you
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #78
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
lol can anyone say mustang II and 2v 4.6?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #79
Mr Twisty

Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #80
Mr Twisty

Quote:
The attacks on the mustang don't feel like joking around, they seem like petty fanboyism, which is sad.
The only time the mustang fans come out on this site is when there's BIG news on the Camaro... OR the mustang... any other time they're always huddled in their little mustang thread. They're not here to contribute, they're here to agitate. If you like to agitate others, be prepared to get agitated.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #81
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Are you expecting going from a dig to make up for 18 seconds or something?
It is 5-6 seconds from the start, and another 6-8 seconds throughout the first section, depending on the car... The flying lap start can also be faster in some cars than others, sometimes cars start out at 50mph, sometimes 80. This was initially why the stop start was popular for manufactures because people timing the cars on the Bridge to Gantry wasn't sure how much a stop start took off from the time.. Individual sources were never close enough to the official time so everyone timing the cars were wrong now, the times are closer to the originals however, the the times still were off...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #82
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Please don't try to talk "car talk" citing things you obviously don't know much about.
Oh really I dont know much about? Do you own a drag car? Or just your 3 little cars in the bottom of your sig?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #83
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I understand your enthusiasm with the ZL1 since it claimed a 7:41 unofficial ring time. I was there in June during a 10 day industry booking when "Red" was lapping the ring faster than the ZL1's September time. SVT has actually been working on the car since the Z28 hype in October of last year. 7:41 is fast however, it was a rolling start (same as Red but not like the CTS-V) and will never be an official run (same as Red). The suspension that underpins the 2013 GT500 is almost identical to that in which the Boss 302S uses and runs in SCCA and Grand Am and very similar to the Shelby GT350. The car will most likely use Corsa's but is unknown if Ford really wants to go with a 305.. If a 305 is used, I expect the GT500 (or SVT Cobra) to be back over here Sometime in March/April to lay down a REAL Ring time.

Here is what we seen in June, Ford tested this GT500 while Team Corvette ran the record ring run...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/ind...e/page__st__20 The video was posted a few days later... We did do some separate timing on a very special part of the track and found that "Red" was almost as fast as the ZR1 through that particular section (about 0.7 second behind the ZR1 and 1.4 seconds faster than the ZL1).

I am impressed that Chevrolet beat the C63 Black that was 4123lbs and produced 670hp and 740tq... however, that run was actually an official run from a stop (like the ZR1). If Ford is going into this race with a 7:35 and a 167mph top speed (the only lap I seen and the top speed was not confirmed by us) then it is possible that this snake is prepped and ready to go.... It does weigh 3850lbs, 600-620hp and has a large supercharger on top.... The ZL1 comes in at 7:41 with 170mph top speed for reference. Remember, the 2012 CTS-V had a top speed of 144mph on the straight at VIR, the 2012 GT500 only did 137 (142 on the record run), the GT500 still beat the CTS-V in every section of the track and ultimately won by a second on the same day.

What I want to see happen, is now that Chevrolet went public with an unofficial time.. I want to see SVT hushed about the Ring and when they are compared stateside.. everyone will wonder what happened from Germany to the US? The actual battle will be at either VIR, Laguna or Willow (or all three)... VIR and Laguna hates heavy cars, Willow is a very fast track...

I doubt we will see the video of this "7:41" run but we won't see the GT500s June run either...

Edit: This is an American car defense statement here: You have to watch Porsche when you beat them, they will buy the car, ship it here, run it slower (from a dig) and call you a liar. You will ultimately have to back up the unofficial time with a production car time or they will be all over us (see GTR). Also, there is no standard for official lap times. manufacturers shave tires, run race gas, aggressive tunes, weight reduction and god knows what else. There is no official Nurburgring inspection team so the watch is really the only judge, upon futher inspection though, you will find out that you can't "Ring" as fast as the manufactures do. The SS posted an 8:20, the fastest local SS posted an 8:40 and had wheels, tires, suspension, exhaust and a few other things (weight reduction) and sold the car in August 2010 because the it was impossible to reproduce the claimed lap times (I posted this car here last year). I would like to know the details on this run but I know that I am asking for too much, the locals are also calling BS and waiting for a video upload to at least add it to the list.
Do me and EVERYONE on the forum a favor Pill and just leave. Nobody cares about Red blah blah blah I have heard that story a million times. And your really crazy if you think the Mustang will EVER have a shot even close to the Corvette ZR-1 that car will flat out eat the Mustang up. How can I believe you when I know how biased you are EVERYTIME the sales results are up and we beat the Mustang every month you make up another lame excuse. And I have seen the Boss Mustangs in the SCCA races they are pretty fast but I doubt they will put that on a production model Mustang and IF they do the price will be out of everyones league. Either way Chevrolet is testing the new C7 Corvette and it will take out any Mustang once the testing is complete with it anyway. Dollar for Dollar car for car if I go into a Chevy Showroom and you go into a Ford Showroom I win thats just how it is.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #84
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

^ Good one, Mustang II's were the absolute worst with the Camaro Type LT coming in second. You can make a 2nd gen Camaro look cool with the right mods but the Mustang II is just hopeless.

2nd place

Last edited by BigDan; 10-07-2011 at 02:47 AM.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote